Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Beta and Fernando don’t just annoy us, they flat out detest us and make it no secret that they feel that way.

The feeling is absolutely mutual on my end. Beta and Fernando are both completely useless. 

The only way to get on their good side is to never flat out admit to being a “fan” of Axl or the band. I’ve been around them both and can attest to this. 

• Like 2

The GNR model is almost engineered for disappointment:

1) axl/insider allude to new material in interview (CD II)

2) wait 20 years

3) leave enough opportunity for unfinished, subpar version to leak 

4) fumble actual release

5) by the time the song is actually ready to come out, the discourse and anticipation is bigger than the track itself.

6) song is released and is unable to live up to ludicrous preamble.

… annnd the cycle repeats

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The only way to get on their good side is to never flat out admit to being a “fan” of Axl or the band. I’ve been around them both and can attest to this. 

You mean that one has to tell them that they're not fans to get on their good side?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I know it's frustrating and all, but man, the negativity here is too much. Really. 

I’ve been asking myself: Why are people behaving like the song release was cancelled and this happened particularly out of spite to the hardcore fans literally just knowing about its availability,  playing it on jukeboxes around the US and sharing low quality recordings of it with friends? It’s speculation based on speculation.

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I know it's frustrating and all, but man, the negativity here is too much. Really. 

Agreed, at the end of the day, it is just pop music. No one is going to die if it doesn’t come out. Most people have bigger and better things to worry about.

by that same logic, Team Axl should be more chill about getting these tracks heard sooner. But yeah. In the grand tapestry of life, this is but a thread. Your favourite band fumbles releases and can’t stick to a schedule. We’ll survive

4 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I’ve been asking myself: Why are people behaving like the song release was cancelled and this happened particularly out of spite to the hardcore fans literally just knowing about its availability,  playing it on jukeboxes around the US and sharing low quality recordings of it with friends? It’s speculation based on speculation.

Exactly. It's kinda weird to read people assuming so much and always towards the apocalyptic scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Agreed, at the end of the day, it is just pop music. No one is going to die if it doesn’t come out. Most people have bigger and better things to worry about.

by that same logic, Team Axl should be more chill about getting these tracks heard sooner. But yeah. In the grand tapestry of life, this is but a thread. Your favourite band fumbles releases and can’t stick to a schedule. We’ll survive

For sure, but I meant it was getting out of hand, you know? I really don't get how everything that happened this weekend is an undeniable proof that this band is done and everything is a joke. It's overreaction by definition. 

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

You mean that one has to tell them that they're not fans to get on their good side?

Just act like you’re not a fanboy/girl. Then the radar goes up. It’s hard to explain. You have to act “normal” but also be aware of who you’re around  and act accordingly if that makes any sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

For sure, but I meant it was getting out of hand, you know? I really don't get how everything that happened this weekend is an undeniable proof that this band is done and everything is a joke. It's overreaction by definition. 

Yeah, it’s silly. True connoisseurs know the band was truly done the second they got rid of Ole Beich. 👑 

11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Just act like you’re not a fanboy/girl. Then the radar goes up. It’s hard to explain. You have to act “normal” but also be aware of who you’re around  and act accordingly if that makes any sense. 

I kind of get it if it's a case of someone acting like they know Axl/the band members personally or of a woman going, "Omg, omg, Beta tell Axl I love him and I want to have his child" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Yeah, it’s silly. True connoisseurs know the band was truly done the second they got rid of Ole Beich. 👑 

All jokes aside, the 2002 NA tour abrupt ending was the real scaring moment. It was followed by a 4 year silence and inactivity that was truly the bottom of the barrel. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

Also, I see a lot of talk about The General here but as far as I’m aware the only thing that ever leaked was a shitty 10 second cell phone clip that could have been ANYTHING. How are we so sure this is a song that’s finished and due soon? 🤔  Genuine question, not meaning to sound like an ass.

Don’t say that here. They’re about to give you the corn.