Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hmm? As I understand him, he is saying that some of the criticism has racial connotation, but far from all and not even necessarily here. So when you turn this into someone saying that ALL criticism of TB here is racially motivated, I don't feel that is a fair depiction of what is being said. 

This is splitting hairs to an extreme degree.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

They probably didn't work in the weekend. 

But isn’t that nuts? Obviously this isn’t a Guns management thing, but you’re telling me that on a Saturday, TouchTunes just…shuts down? It’s a service provided to thousands of bars across the US and, apparently, the UK! That’d be like Spotify not answering the phone if they accidentally leaked Perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you, although this discussion has to do with social science that was developed much later and not in Greece :)

In my country, when someone is smartypants of any social science, we call him "The Great Philosopher" :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

This is splitting hairs to an extreme degree.

Oh well. To summarize my point and hopefully end this: A lot of criticism has been levied at TB, not all justifiably and unfortunately some of it racist stuff (not here in recent times), this is partly why they detest us. That's probably a real weakness to taking people not used to being in the spotlight and exposing them to a very toxic fanbase, more experienced music managers might have dealt with it better. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

But isn’t that nuts? Obviously this isn’t a Guns management thing, but you’re telling me that on a Saturday, TouchTunes just…shuts down? It’s a service provided to thousands of bars across the US and, apparently, the UK! That’d be like Spotify not answering the phone if they accidentally leaked Perhaps.

Touchtune is many orders of magnitude smaller than Spotify, and it wasn't necessarily they who weren't at work but someone in the link of people between whoever made the decision to pull it off TT and the nerd who had the job of actually removing it. I doubt Fernando had a direct line to the guy, it must have gone through people on the way, delaying the relay. 

2 minutes ago, inho said:

This thread is going a bit bat shit mental

The good thing is new music is coming even if the process is s bit shambolic

wohooo

Just imagine if this was The General. When that songs “confirmed” coming. That will be the real shit show

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodela said:

They could easily communicate through HTGTH or whatever is left of their brown-nosing fanbase. They prefer to keep them away from them too. Whatever is said here is not the reason for TB to dislike fan forums. They are just a bunch of arrogant and lazy individuals who can't handle criticism for the (poor) work they do.

They don't communicate because Axl doesn’t want them to. 

They detest the fanbase because they are victims of years of unfair criticism and abuse. They have also met many really crazy fans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Maybe they have only a skeleton crew working on weekends, doing the bare minimum, and they react to these kind of things when they have more personnel? :book:

Edited by jekylhyde

Ha, the racism shtick, long time no see! And here I was thinking even if TB were blue-eyed blond motherfuckers from Norway, I'd still call them incompetent dicks - but lo, that's actually because I'm apparently a racist! Wow, you learn something every day, don't you. 

This thread's already gone mental indeed. I think it's quite expectable, though. Stress, nothing happening, you guys start biting each other, as usual. Fun stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Touchtune is many orders of magnitude smaller than Spotify, and it wasn't necessarily they who weren't at work but someone in the link of people between whoever made the decision to pull it off TT and the nerd who had the job of actually removing it. I doubt Fernando had a direct line to the guy, it must have gone through people on the way, delaying the relay. 

I’m not blaming Fernando.

I just find it wild that TouchTunes wouldn’t be able to handle something like this. My previous employer was magnitudes smaller than TouchTunes, but if the software malfunctioned or went down on a weekend, someone was available to fix it immediately. That’s not uncommon.

• Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

Ha, the racism shtick, long time no see! And here I was thinking even if TB were blue-eyed blond motherfuckers from Norway, I'd still call them incompetent dicks - but lo, that's actually because I'm apparently a racist! Wow, you learn something every day, don't you. 

This thread's already gone mental indeed. I think it's quite expectable, though. Stress, nothing happening, you guys start biting each other, as usual. Fun stuff.

You didn't learn a thing if you thought anyone here equated all criticism with racism. Try again. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

They detest the fanbase because they are victims of years of unfair criticism and abuse

Though true to an extent, too often even fair criticisms are treated as and responded to as unfair criticisms.   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I agree. I’ll check back again r tomorrow. 

I checked out days ago....could feel my frustrations boiling over into some nonsensical posts....feel like I must ride the rollercoaster of the "journey" but kinda just hoping to check back in on Friday when HOPEFULLY better times boys and girls!

Just now, Rodela said:

Oh, they do communicate. Whenever damage control was required due to them fucking up something, Fernand would show up here or Reddit.

They never communicate to promote something or do something cool for the fans. They only do it when the shit hits the fan. Another proof of their terrible "us-against-the-world" mindset.

All of which is likely Axl's decision, so moot point. 

Re: the TB stuff, I just think there is so much legitimate criticism about how they have handled things that we don't need to compare Beta to Family Guy's Consuela and do the "no no lemon pledge" bit to get the point across lol

I think so many here are thinking people are saying all critiques of TB are being dubbed as racist - I don't think they are but to me you do see the lemon pledge bit pop up and to me it just is lacking in taste and humor.  Just like the mid-2000s seasons of Family Guy the specific reference is pulled from

We can say TB are shit at managing a huge rock band without going there - I know I do all the time

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slaveleft said:

Again....

When you insult, make fun based on someones skin color or other group physical characteristic - that is racism.

When you insult someones nation - that is chauvinism.

When you insult is based on his place in the society, culture, language skill - that is classism.

You can poke fun of some blonde maid from Brazil that had German ancestors and as long you are sticking to the cultural parameter and not biological - that is not racism.

I don't think the word aproppiate is "racism", is more appropiate word xenophobia.

• Like 2