Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

53 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

If it doesn’t come out Friday, I will laugh. Just like I did last Friday. What amuses me is that IMO, there is no benefit to delaying it lol. 

I think the frustration has a lot to do with the fact that “Perhaps” is such a small breadcrumb to throw fans so to keep delaying its release makes it that much more annoying. It’s also pretty much a given that no real promotion will back it up so it begs the question of why do they bother continuously inventing reasons to not release it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick85 said:

I think the frustration has a lot to do with the fact that “Perhaps” is such a small breadcrumb to throw fans so to keep delaying its release makes it that much more annoying. It’s also pretty much a given that no real promotion will back it up so it begs the question of why do they bother continuously inventing reasons to not release it.

What reason has they invented? I wasn't aware they had commented on why they decided to push back the release date (which was never made public, likely because it wasn't set in stone), by a week.

Just now, Nick85 said:

All there is are breadcrumbs. There is no album, there is nothing coming other than a few tracks that Slosh and Duff worked on from the CD era. And those will be released with great pains….

• Like 2

Not sure if it has been discussed but I can't find Perhaps on Touchtunes in UK anymore..

Yet it was showing only 24 hours ago or so.

Something about this release, if it doesn't happen, it's something like a kick in the teeth, we had it in our hands, sorta - then BAM..gone. We know there will be no comments or explanation after the fact. People will be left scratching their heads. At the very least a few less people will follow GnR as closely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

All there is are breadcrumbs. There is no album, there is nothing coming other than a few tracks that Slosh and Duff worked on from the CD era. And those will be released with great pains….

Breadcrumbing was a word I heard used in the dating world recently. This band is showcasing a pretty standard display of it. 

like I said, it’s cool to be loyal to them but you can also call them out for their poor behavior towards their fans

2 minutes ago, timoteo said:

Breadcrumbing was a word I heard used in the dating world recently. This band is showcasing a pretty standard display of it. 

like I said, it’s cool to be loyal to them but you can also call them out for their poor behavior towards their fans

Yeah, like not releasing a song on the date they had initially planned and which we happened to find out about. Fuck them for doing that to us!

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, like not releasing a song on the date they had initially planned and which we happened to find out about. Fuck them for doing that to us!

I agree TB didn’t “do this to us”. However I really do firmly believe when there’s a CGI graphic that was rendered with a date, whether we were supposed to know or not, it’s extremely fair for people to conclude that it’s happening then.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree TB didn’t “do this to us”. However I really do firmly believe when there’s a CGI graphic that was rendered with a date, whether we were supposed to know or not, it’s extremely fair for people to conclude that it’s happening then.

Of course, I thought it would happen then, too. But you always got to leave open the possibility that it won't happen. Even if they had actually publicly announced a release date, I would take that with a grain of salt. 

Just now, Coma16 said:

The Aug 11th date was clearly official. Plans changed, as per usual with this brand.

It isn't official if it hasn't been made official.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course, I thought it would happen then, too. But you always got to leave open the possibility that it won't happen. Even if they had actually publicly announced a release date, I would take that with a grain of salt. 

It isn't official if it hasn't been made official.

honestly, I wasn't sure. I thought that it might happen at that date, but it wasn't official so always leaving the possibility open that shit won't get released until it actually gets released is very good advice when it comes to Gn'R imo.

as I said before many times, Axl himself said Chinese was coming out in 2006, gave tentative release date and it still got delayed and I think he truly believed it was coming out that year,

now, circumstances are maybe different, but not different enough to treat any sign of a release like it's a sure thing.

having said that, I'm surprised at the reactions to this latest incident as it wasn't official and it seems very likely that Perhaps is going to be officially released in the very near future and it's a song we've already have a leaked version of.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rayvela said:

I heard the new version was trash. Can anyone comment?

I listened to it twice at the bar. I felt it was better than the Village version (which I liked) in every way, except Slash's solo. 

I bet, once the song is available for download, someone could splice in Robin's solo to make an "ultimate mix" of Perhaps. :) It would have been cool if they kept the sound effects in the end too, which I didn't hear in the jukebox version. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1