Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Or in fact....this whole ramshackle rouse is TB's idea of "edgy" promo.....hook us and all the rock media and then throw us a tadpool! 😒I'm still excited for the tune......just I feel like we've been totally messed about here....one ONE single tweet could have killed the last 100 pages....ONE

If ALL of this was intentional (including a fake release date and the “accidental” jukebox link) just to be red herrings before a surprise drop to radio, then it was fucking masterful to whoever suggested it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Facilitating a project and tours like this still aren't easy. 

Look, I'm not a huge fan of how Fernando has conducted himself with the fan base, but I'll give credit where credit is due.  A reunion was never going to happen if Axl suspected it was being pushed on him by management that was only interested in collecting its 10-15 percent.  My impression is that Axl is very suspicious of people who are only looking out for their own financial interests and are willing to sacrifice how he feels to achieve their objectives.  One of the benefits of TB being less than supportive of a reunion with Slash is that Axl knows they weren't helping him because they knew it would only enrich themselves.  I have no doubt that they care about him very deeply based on my own interactions with both Fernando and Beta.  

So you can say TB was at the right place and right time, but I don't see how it happens without them.  

See my post above.

At the end of the day, if anyone thinks that being Axl Roses's personal or artist manager is easy, well, they should talk to some of the people I've spoken with.  I'm not here to shit on him as I don't know him.  But I don't think it's coincidental that there's been a revolving roster of people that have come and gone in Axl's life.  Managing Axl Rose isn't a job for someone who is there for the pay cheque.  It takes a tremendous amount of trust, something that Beta, Fernando and everyone else around him spent years building.  Who really knows, but if you think the reunion or tour happens (or continues past a few shows) without TB, you're not going to find much agreement from me.  

I don't really disagree with any of this.

Maybe TB helped Axl in other ways that have made him a more relaxed person... If so, then that is a solid point in favour of them helping maintain the tour. But... If Axl just changed on his own, and made the call to put the reunion together and decided to start going on stage on time... They had a very easy job in comparison to what was there before them. 

I don't think they are the Brian Wilson therapist deal that some do.  Being Axls manager/assistant is not a straight forward job, they are basically on call 24hrs a day, definitely not saying they don't work hard.

27 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Apparently this is true - I just messaged one of my friends that works the rock format, and he confirmed that it IS dropping tomorrow and they’re playing it once an hour after 10 AM

I mean hopefully that it true, but why the hell did they delay it 6 days then? Corresponding video? Stupidity?

Honestly this whole delay/touchtone happenings were a huge turn off!

I was already a bit "not excited" with the choice of the song, as I didn't think it was "Hit single material", I think at best "Perhaps" would be like a "Breakdown", "So Fine" or "Bad Obsession", a good filler song in an album... But I was already convinced into giving it a chance... then the delay happened. I kind of lost most of the interest. I'm like in a "Meh" state now...

Of course, it's great that they're releasing music, which doesn't happen a lot, but at the same time... How is it possible that this happened?!?

As for the song itself, I liked the version that leaked in 2019 better, but I still didn't make my final decision, as it seems that the version that leaked recently on the jukeboxes, you can't really hear the full guitar parts from Slash. It's mostly Duff's bass really loud in the mix and some Slash guitar. I'm hoping that official release with great quality will clarify that. I'm hoping there's more guitar work that we couldn't hear in the mix that leaked in the jukeboxes, because of quality issues.

Edited by Propaganda

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

I mean hopefully that it true, but why the hell did they delay it 6 days then? Corresponding video? Stupidity?

Some minor snag between label and streaming platforms, I suppose. There are quite many moving parts involved. It is not uncommon that internal deadlines on large project are pushed back a bit. We just happened to get a glimpse inside. 

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder what both sides of the eventual Perhaps audio cassette will have. My guess, is they will wait until after The General is dropped. So side G (A) will be The General, and side R (B) will be Perhaps. 

Maybe they will include Atlas, but I don't think only Atlas and Perhaps should be paired, but the three would be welcome on an EP if they include a rocker like Zodiac 13 or Oh My God with them. 4 "new" songs. I could dig that, given the circumstances. 

Maybe two studio, two live, just like last time.....but who knows. Let's see what tomorrow actually brings first! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I think we would save some sanity if we try and not work out their "logic" or look for it...as they're the epitome of random...

Let's just hope we're getting our tune tomorrow...try and savour.

Then move on to bitchin about Atlas, General and Mac Daddys

Edited by colonizedmind
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Lol people actually believe "The General" is next... there's no proof. At least "Perhaps" and "Atlas Snuggled" seem realistic since they leaked, but "The General" hasn't even been leaked.   

Can’t wait for Atlas Snuggled.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

If ALL of this was intentional (including a fake release date and the “accidental” jukebox link) just to be red herrings before a surprise drop to radio, then it was fucking masterful to whoever suggested it. 

It wasn’t, but why would that be masterful? 

1 minute ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Lol people actually believe "The General" is next... there's no proof. At least "Perhaps" and "Atlas Snuggled" seem realistic since they leaked, but "The General" hasn't even been leaked.   

People believe The General is next because it was written on a setlist and also written on a piece of paper in an instagram video along with other song titles on the setlist.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think I am very aware of what is happening, it just don't affect me as much as it affects you. Again, I don't think a song being released a week later than not announced can make you into such a whimpering figure, something else must be happening in your life,or you are just the world's greatest snowflake. 

1 week late, once, no problem. 24 years late multiplied by every song in the vault, problem. 

• Like 1

If it is true that the single will be on the radio tomorrow, do you think it will be available immediately for purchase/streaming on the various platforms or will they announce that it will be available from Friday?

It’s literally the "hardest” thing ever for this band to release a single and some folks here are discussing the possibilty of an EP

A few pages back people were acting like it was all canceled and their hope was completely gone

Things really go from 0 to 10000 in a flash here

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Shall we just run with that story....we may all feel a tad better and not like we just starred in an episode of the Twilight Zone....or perhaps even Black Mirror does Rock N Roll!  😆

Edited by colonizedmind

Just now, klakly said:

If it is true that the single will be on the radio tomorrow, do you think it will be available immediately for purchase/streaming on the various platforms or will they announce that it will be available from Friday?

If it's true, it should also get an immediate release on streaming. Unless they are fine to have the song being ripped and getting shared as mp3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

The video where you may or may not see The General as a set list option seems to be what people are hanging their hat on. 

22 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

It’s literally the "hardest” thing ever for this band to release a single and some folks here are discussing the possibilty of an EP

A few pages back people were acting like it was all canceled and their hope was completely gone

Things really go from 0 to 10000 in a flash here

It's like we're My Chemical Romance fans or something....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Shall we just run with that story....we may all feel a tad better and not like we just starred in an episode of the Twilight Zone....or perhaps even Black Mirror does Rock N Roll!  😆

This is my chosen head canon from this point forward 😂