Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

I miss the guitar melody under the pre chorus, it was probably the most memorable guitar part similar to Estranged or something. But besides that it sounds ok, and Slash's guitar a bit more of that gnr sound. Quite a short song too.

• Like 1

My only major gripe with this version of the song is you can sure tell it's a CD-era leftover by how much unnecessary stuff is on the released version. It really doesn't need so many "yeah, yeaaaah" lines or the weird whale noises at the start.

I do like it quite a bit, though. I just think it could've benefitted from being more stripped-down.

• Like 3

On YouTube now. 

It's.....fine to my ears. Slash solo is fine but not that incredible, mix is fine.

Now they've forced themselves through the agony of releasing 3.48 of music I hope we can move on to the next stage. 

All this saga, drama and time just makes everything underwhelming. I hope it's not another three years of nothing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

i personally say

absurd 5/10

hard skool 6/10

perhaps 7.5/10

Postive trajectory 👍

Fair....Absurd live gets bumped another 2 points for me though! 

Ok guys! We made it! I've just played this damn song about 14 times in a row....one play for each day of anxiety we spent the last 2 weeks to get to this point.....it feels like we just climbed Everest....maybe we'll have to fight the fucking Roman Empire to get to The General! 

Anyways...come on, how many listens have you had since drop??? Tell us...how many? Driving anyone mad with it like I have? Perhaps has relegated me to the spare room....

Edited by colonizedmind

think the overall mix is slightly quieter than absurd and HS which is odd. Not sure why everyone's saying it's too bassy, seems less bass-heavy than the other 2 to me.  I like the deep voice in the chorus and I can understand what Axl is singing now. Solo could be better.

8 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Exactly like he is when he’s live. 

at Hyde park he was too loud compared to everything else but it fluctuated throughout. I agree he's a bit drowned in the choruses but not verses

Edited by Ollster42

Just now, AtlasShrugged said:

Lyrics are on Apple Music.

Chorus:

Got a lot more than I bargained for,

You forgot about the others you were fighting for,

Oh sold out to the ones you once ignored,

You used to be a little crazy now there’s so much more.

Easy to hear now you know! 

Every unreleased song is about Slash! Axl is an evil genius....he's got the guy remastering his own roasts! 😆🌽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Fair....Absurd live gets bumped another 2 points for me though! 

Ok guys! We made it! I've just played this damn song about 14 times in a row....one play for each day of anxiety we spent the last 2 weeks to get to this point.....it feels like we just climbed Everest....maybe we'll have to fight the fucking Roman Empire to get to The General! 

Anyways...come on, how many listens have you had since drop??? Tell us...how many? Driving anyone mad with it like I have? Perhaps has relegated me to the spare room....

about 5 in 20 ish mins in England for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ollster42 said:

think the overall mix is slightly quieter than absurd and HS which is odd. Not sure why everyone's saying it's too bassy, seems less bass-heavy than the other 2 to me.  I like the deep voice in the chorus and I can understand what Axl is singing now. Solo could be better.

at Hyde park he was too loud compared to everything else but it fluctuated throughout. I agree he's a bit drowned in the choruses but not verses

at Hyde park he was too loud compared to everything else but it fluctuated throughout. I agree he's a bit drowned in the choruses but not verses.

Wanted to make a poll but it won’t let me make a new thread. What’s your guys favorite song of the 3?

Mine is Perhaps>Hard Skool>Absurd

Absurd’s production is better than HS but I like HS more as a song. Absurd is still great though.  Perhaps is a musical treat to me. Love it, but I’m also a CD nerd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NachoLZ said:

dk what happened there hahahah, it didn't say my reply had sent so I clicked submit like 5 times lol

• Haha 1

How does gnr explain this..... “written and recorded by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan this year,” and marks the band’s “first collective new composition and recording together in 30 years since 1993’s The Spaghetti Incident?”

Perhaps was very much composed by Axl and whoever else was in the band in the late 90s... It sounds almost identical to the village sessions. I mean that statement is pure BS🤣 Just impressed they put a statement out though. To me it sounds like they don't want people talking about how this song is 20+yrs old, so they're hoping people don't research and just read and believe the statement. Gnr.... Everybody knows already, cats out of the bag 🤣

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Wanted to make a poll but it won’t let me make a new thread. What’s your guys favorite song of the 3?

Absurd’s production is better than HS but I like HS more as a song. Absurd is still great though.  Perhaps is a musical treat to me. Love it, but I’m also a CD nerd.

That's how I'd rate it too

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

How does gnr explain this..... “written and recorded by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan this year,” and marks the band’s “first collective new composition and recording together in 30 years since 1993’s The Spaghetti Incident?”

Perhaps was very much composed by Axl and whoever else was in the band in the late 90s... It sounds almost identical to the village sessions. I mean that statement is pure BS🤣 Just impressed they put a statement out though. To me it sounds like they don't want people talking about how this song is 20+yrs old, so they're hoping people don't research and just read and believe the statement. Gnr.... Everybody knows already, cats out of the bag 🤣

Lol and swept absurd and hardskool under the rug 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Your name is coming to fruition in slow mo! Piecemeal....

Also I agree with your ladder 🪜 rates.

It's still a surreal experience to be listening to a "new" GNRa track in 2023. I'm glad we're mostly enjoying this. Lots of forum names not seen often are commenting too (notice?)

Once you know the lyrics...the chorus is easy to hear!  

• GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

On YouTube now. 

It's.....fine to my ears. Slash solo is fine but not that incredible, mix is fine.

Now they've forced themselves through the agony of releasing 3.48 of music I hope we can move on to the next stage. 

All this saga, drama and time just makes everything underwhelming. I hope it's not another three years of nothing. 

I can only find the fake demo on YT... 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That's how I'd rate it too

Holy shit that is a real statement?