Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

41 minutes ago, LandOla said:

Perhaps music video is nearing one million views

Yep I predicted by day end

....let's get it over the line....share it on all your social accounts and annoy your family members with it....if only, because I do think it making a little ripple or two best serves us to get more music, in some form...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

It's amazing what proper promotion can accomplish. I give this band and management shit just as much as the next guy or gal, but I think they're doing great with this release. A video, radio play (Winnipeg stations don't seem to be playing it), showing it in Times Square. And it seems they're getting recognition for that. Hopefully they're learning something from this and can continue doing so. Hell if anything I hope this reinvigorates some motivation and self confidence for Axl. 

My thoughts exactly. This is far more structured than the other songs which were basically flung out haphazardly 

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

It's amazing what proper promotion can accomplish. I give this band and management shit just as much as the next guy or gal, but I think they're doing great with this release. A video, radio play (Winnipeg stations don't seem to be playing it), showing it in Times Square. And it seems they're getting recognition for that. Hopefully they're learning something from this and can continue doing so. Hell if anything I hope this reinvigorates some motivation and self confidence for Axl. 

I think they realized that they can’t skate by on the legacy anymore after 7 years. Probably were getting outside pressure due to the lackluster sales of these baseball park shows (all heavily discounted and many closing off upper decks). Whatever the cause, happy we’re finally seeing some legit effort. 

• Like 2

Me and my friend had listened to song a lot on various platforms and we came to conclusion that the sound from the official video is much better than any audio like Spotify as an example.  The mix is far clearer. Slash is really more audible and in front. Same as for some lyrics during the song. Does anybody hear that?  I think that the song has been delayed because the video was not ready last week (some shots in it seems really recents) but ended that the others platforms dont have "the final mix"  excuse my poor english; it's not my first langage. I love the new song!

• Like 3

I think the video is helping a lot, and that’s something nobody here was expecting. It’s a well deserved success, long overdue IMO. 

5 hours ago, Jw224 said:

There is some clipping in the song, yeah.

I also have some decent phones but can’t hear any clipping on Apple Music lossless streaming. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RBO said:

Me and my friend had listened to song a lot on various platforms and we came to conclusion that the sound from the official video is much better than any audio like Spotify as an example.  The mix is far clearer. Slash is really more audible and in front. Same as for some lyrics during the song. Does anybody hear that?  I think that the song has been delayed because the video was not ready last week (some shots in it seems really recents) but ended that the others platforms dont have "the final mix"  excuse my poor english; it's not my first langage. I love the new song!

Maybe...but don't underestimate what the power of visual and image synergy can do...when Slash is playing and you suddenly see him In all his glory, you immediately hear it stronger....same with chorus vocals, etc when see the subtitles, you hear them clearer...that's why having a video has been such an amazing little surprise....

Video is good. The song is not. The general rock community won’t like it. Social media posts already prove that.

Axl needs to quit with the CD era shit and the group needs to put out a real rock album or song. You’re not going to fill venues in the U.S. with this crap.

I guess it’s the same with a lot of other bands. As they age the music goes to shit.

• Confused 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What, you haven't seen all the new Perhaps merch? :lol:

ps01.jpg.399537f48c8587b78323ba6ee303b8b0.jpg

I actually laughed out loud. My girlfriend asked what I was laughing at.. I showed her and she said why is there flapjacks on a Guns shirt? No logic with this woman :facepalm:

• Haha 1

2 million by end of next week is our next target Gunners! 

13 minutes ago, crashoride said:

Video is good. The song is not. The general rock community won’t like it. Social media posts already prove that.

Axl needs to quit with the CD era shit and the group needs to put out a real rock album or song. You’re not going to fill venues in the U.S. with this crap.

I guess it’s the same with a lot of other bands. As they age the music goes to shit.

What social media posts and by who? Anyone importort?  The song is not the best ever but it's decent and it's definately in the numerous circles I've checked out getting a much better reaction than almost anything since 1994! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

Bit late to the thread (as always) but I really like Perhaps, probably my favorite of the new releases so far. It's also awesome to see how popular the single is outside of hardcore Guns fans, considering how much attention ABSURD and Hard Skool got. Great song!

• PERHAPS 1

1 hour ago, RBO said:

It’s very interesting because I kinda feel the same way. Much better sound wise in the video than anywhere else - im still meh on the song itself, but I dig the video and launch. I really wish they did this before the tour started in June..

• Like 1