"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

40 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's only 7 inch though so it's going to be a lot shorter. 

5 minutes is apparently the maximum you can fit on one side 

https://peakvinyl.com/record-playtimes/#:~:text=A 7-inch 45 RPM,a majority of the market.

So we know now The General is not more than 5 minutes long.....meaning it isn't the 'epic' we have been told it is. 

If it's cut at 33 and not 45 it'll hold 6 minutes and that can be slightly expendable if need be 

Also could be a radio edit version....Perhaps was shorter slightly on radio 

5 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Is this related to the track from the village leaks? From what I recall, it was an instrumental with orchestra. Almost sounded like film score...:unsure:

No, it doesn't seem to be one of the tracks in the Village leaks. There's only a low quality clip recorded at a party in 2010 and what is audible on that doesn't sound like anything from the locker leaks. Neither does the orchestral intro that was played at 2006 and 2010 and has been confirmed to be from The General.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Or maybe they shortened the song with Slash and Duff

Or maybe it’s a radio edit and the full length version will be on the album/EP 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pbj_jam said:

if bach's comments on the song is anything to go by, the general will be something totally different never heard before. His descriptions ain't exactly the most credible.

I kind of see where he was coming on re Sorry, it definitely has nods to some Sabbathy doom stuff - predominantly the riff in the chorus but it's more a slight vibe rather than a full on doom metal song. I think the key thing is to manage expectations - I fear people (myself included) have really bigged up some songs over the years. I mean, in my head I'd bigged up Atlas to be some epic song with deep philosophical musings so was underwhelmed when I finally heard it (I do like it a lot though and a superb Brian May solo on there - I mean, I don't think it's possible Brian to not do awesome solos!).  

Edited by BassistSeb

44 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

I think the key thing is to manage expectations - I fear people (myself included) have really bigged up some songs over the years. 

Word. I mean this is the b-side to Perhaps. So clearly the band thought more of Perhaps to lead with it.  Doesn't mean the General isn't going to be great. And I hope people are excited for it.  I just wouldn't expect Estranged or November Rain hahaha

2 hours ago, betterman said:

And also the spotify sightings of the General leading to GNR makes me wonder that before also Soul monster has been one of the titles that has brought up GNR together with Atlas

State of Grace brings up Guns N Roses

14 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Word. I mean this is the b-side to Perhaps. So clearly the band thought more of Perhaps to lead with it.  Doesn't mean the General isn't going to be great. And I hope people are excited for it.  I just wouldn't expect Estranged or November Rain hahaha

Accoding to Fernando: Perhaps is great, General is a MONSTER