"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

16 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I was on Nov 19 and the Dexter intro got a great reaction from the crowd!

November 13th in Minneapolis! My now wife who I had just started dating at that time decided to feign getting into GNR to have something in common, mainly so she could justify the road trip from Winnipeg with me haha. She loves Dexter so she got a kick out of that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

November 13th in Minneapolis! My now wife who I had just started dating at that time decided to feign getting into GNR to have something in common, mainly so she could justify the road trip from Winnipeg with me haha. She loves Dexter so she got a kick out of that. 

well that is just very sweet

20 hours ago, matheus.binotti said:

4:04 min of The General, from Budapest (2006/06/31)

https://on.soundcloud.com/dicxi

That’s definitely the most complete version. I do believe this song is an epic. At worst I would imagine it’s as good as Madagascar and Madagascar is really good. It seems like a lot of thought and work went into that orchestration. Can this just leak already?!

Edited by Arnuld

On 9/14/2023 at 1:07 PM, Cosmo said:

I agree it's probably solo Ozzy's peak but man, solo Ozzy doesn't hold a candle to Black Sabbath's first 6 albums, IMO

I'm glad you said first 6 because a lot of people leave out Sabotage but that is a badass record.

No I am a huge Sabbath fan.  Ozzy solo can't compare to Sabbath.

If they took it down, that intro is definitely in the song - be it the "strings" stems, the intro or whatever. It's definitely a part of the song. I know Axl said "you heard parts of it somewhere" referencing this intro but IDK, it might have been an orchestral version of guitar lines, piano lines, or whatever. It's not, apparently.

3 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

The wait for this is becoming unbearable 

I"m not gonna go to any of the shows so it's gonna be an awful month and a half to come

The wait is indeed becoming unbearable. The last time an upcoming release made me feel like this was in 2008... Wish they didn't starve us like that.

• Like 1