"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's great to see a healthy amount of unique posters at this point....most in a long while! Stick around....we got fun and games...and maybe Atlas's too 🌍🤷‍♀️

It is great! This thread has been very good for the forum :headbang:

11 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, it’s not like Slash saved his ass and allowed him to sell out Stadiums for the last 7 years. Also I’m sure he’s upset that Slash’s presence let his considerably depleted vocal abilities be somewhat covered up by the top hatted one being the star/most impressive part of 90% of the reunion gigs. I mean if it wasn’t for Slash, he could have back 2 other guys who abandoned him and be playing half-filled arenas. You should really consider posting less stupid thoughts.

I loved NuGNR, but it was definitely time for the reunion in 2016. All the other NuGNR lineups had run their courses, and the fact that there wasn't a follow up album wasn't going to be helped by a NuGNR mark 4.0. 

• Like 2

If its going on digital, would it be midnight thursday? Cant remember what happened with perhaps. Pretty sure it was midnight.

Its 8am thursday in aus at the moment (and probably 10am in nz), so we may find out in about 14 hours.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I’m gonna fucking freak out on a couple of days when people on this thread starts dropping their reviews without saying where did they hear the mfing song :tongue2:

You had a choice

1 minute ago, Sonicjam said:

If its going on digital, would it be midnight thursday? Cant remember what happened with perhaps. Pretty sure it was midnight.

Its 8am thursday in aus at the moment (and probably 10am in nz), so we may find out in about 14 hours.

I think it went to USA time zone before elsewhere....or did it

Edited by colonizedmind

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Axl did some guest vocal work on an upcoming album by another artist, as did Slash with the same artist.

I never said tormented, but I would bet if Axl had his way, he would prefer the released CD2 tunes, or most of them, have Bucket and Finck's work on it. Axl would probably want Bucket back in the band if Bucket would agree to that. 

Why would Axl re-record those vocals from Eye On You when they are already there, perhaps they were discarded from Eye On You, or maybe he scrapped that song completely so those vocals were available.

Axl could have released these songs long ago with whoever he wanted to. Bucket, Finck, Ashba, Bumble  wtf...  even now he could have said, no I'm gonna release them as they are but he didn’t. Maybe he has simply a good taste and knows what these dongs needed :lol:

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, it’s not like Slash saved his ass and allowed him to sell out Stadiums for the last 7 years. Also I’m sure he’s upset that Slash’s presence let his considerably depleted vocal abilities be somewhat covered up by the top hatted one being the star/most impressive part of 90% of the reunion gigs. I mean if it wasn’t for Slash, he could have back 2 other guys who abandoned him and be playing half-filled arenas. You should really consider posting less stupid thoughts.

Not every Time I agree with you, but this Time 10000% agree

6 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

alright my friend will be posting a recording of the song at some point tonight,it might sound like crap tho

Looking forward to it 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

"So I whip out my big seven inch... record" :lol:

Show off, mines more of a cd single :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

alright my friend will be posting a recording of the song at some point tonight,it might sound like crap tho

How I would love to wish and hope this real. See you next week ladies and gents. 

54 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I've been to two CD-era shows and two NITL shows and I preferred the CD shows, smaller venues, better musicians and overall better performances. But, all were still fun of course. 

Always very important to point out that you mean in your opinion when you say better. 

Because if you use any sort of metrics at all, Slash will always be better. 

And that's why they were in smaller venues without him.

• Like 4