"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

16 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Thanks for completely misrepresenting everything else I said in that post. 

As I said above there is a way to add local files to your streaming library from a computer. I use Apple Music personally and it’s quite easy to do - I know you can with Spotify also but I don’t know the exact process. 

Haha just added my local files to Spotify. Took like 3 taps on my screen 😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Maybe not...but I think there's one or two or fifteen Bra$ilians that might....

You know, I share a common point with Axl. It took me a long time to realize it, but my maid is brazilian. I took care of his son several times and give her gifts for him from time to time.

They're among the nicest people I know.

If anything, Beta and Fernando clearly are very nice people who took care of a lot of things and hadn't they been here, I don't think there'd be anything regarding Guns as of now. Axl may have auto-destroyed himself. You should thank them instead of small cheap attacks like this.

This vinyl is partly for the money, for everyone involved, maybe. So what? They all deserve it. And I doubt it'll be a big source of income.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't get why compare GNR releasing a song only on vinyl to any other band doing the same. It's a completely different scenario, with less than a handful of songs released in 15 years. How this context is not something to consider?

Definitely! I firmly believe it will be on all digital platforms. Just maybe not right away. People throw the term “cash grab” a lot around here. This may be another one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't get why compare GNR releasing a song only on vinyl to any other band doing the same. It's a completely different scenario, with less than a handful of songs released in 15 years. How this context is not something to consider?

That's absolutely it. 

There's such anticipation about this thing, and has been for years that pulling out examples such as Paramore doing a U2 cover on a 7" b-side or a live version of a song is not comparable in any sense at all. 

It's being regarded as a throwaway thing for a handful of fans, when it really isn't. This is a GNR song we have never heard before- the first in a great many years. 

That we're apparently only getting it in low quality on a vinyl b-side is just fucking irritating and annoying. 

• Like 2

I don't get why people defend the band in these situations. 

They set themselves up for failure time and time again by not communicating anything. 

I don't think there's any other band that has this many issues releasing a song. For most other bands they'd just pick a release date, communicate it, clarify any confusion, release. 

• Like 2

Finally got to hear this.

It's nothing like I expected , I thought it would be much heavier. 

Its got some good parts, but for most part I'm disappointed by the song as a whole. 

I guess these songs are unreleased B-sides for a reason, no surprise that neither Perhaps or Hard Skool set the world on Fire,  ...and sadly neither will The General 

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

If it really is called The General & Monsters now then I can see it getting a surprise streaming release on Halloween maybe.

Why are people considering the possibility of it being called that?

4 minutes ago, D.. said:

You know, I share a common point with Axl. It took me a long time to realize it, but my maid is brazilian. I took care of his son several times and give her gifts for him from time to time.

If anything, Beta and Fernando clearly are very nice people who took care of a lot of things and hadn't they been here, I don't think there'd be anything regarding Guns as of now. Axl may have auto-destroyed himself. You should thank them instead of small cheap attacks like this.

This vinyl is partly for the money, for everyone involved, maybe. So what? They all deserve it. And I doubt it'll be a big source of income.

You know generalising all Brazilians as 'nice people' is a bit, well, racist, right? 

It's as ridiculous as saying all Brazilians are awful people. 

Very magnanimous of you to give your maid gifts from time to time though.  What does the butler and chaffeur get? Nothing until you 'work out' what nationality they are? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Finally got to hear this.

It's nothing like I expected , I thought it would be much heavier. 

Its got some good parts, but for most part I'm disappointed by the song as a whole. 

I guess these songs are unreleased B-sides for a reason, no surprise that neither Perhaps or Hard Skool set the world on Fire,  ...and sadly neither will The General 

now its clear that you havent heard the general

45 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

But I want the band I’m a fan of to do things optimally and be as successful as they can possibly be.

But why? 

How does or will the “success” of The General affect your enjoyment of the song? 

Moreover, if the guy who helped to create the song and laboured for years to get it to where they want doesn’t care  about achieving maximum success for it, why should any of us?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

But why? 

How does or will the “success” of The General affect your enjoyment of the song? 

Moreover, if the guy who helped to create the song and laboured for years to get it to where they want doesn’t care  about achieving maximum success for it, why should any of us?

IMO, the answer is simple: it boosts more releases. Supposedly.

17 minutes ago, D.. said:

🤔 Why did this take you a long time to realize? Odd posts today. 

18 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

You’re right that that is a fair point to consider, and there are a few people making that point in a reasonable way (Like yourself). But there’s so many more people taking the approach of “there’s no precedent of an artist ever releasing a vinyl exclusive track, real musicians just don’t do that”. That’s just factually inaccurate. 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's absolutely it. 

There's such anticipation about this thing, and has been for years that pulling out examples such as Paramore doing a U2 cover on a 7" b-side or a live version of a song is not comparable in any sense at all. 

It's being regarded as a throwaway thing for a handful of fans, when it really isn't. This is a GNR song we have never heard before- the first in a great many years. 

That we're apparently only getting it in low quality on a vinyl b-side is just fucking irritating and annoying. 

You don’t know that the vinyl will be low quality, and nobody will know that until we start getting it in our hands. Yes, there’s a definite possibility that the pressing will not be good. But you can’t really generalize that just because GN’R blunders in the music business quite a bit, that it will be - they’re two things that don’t necessarily correlate with one another. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

Someone on the GNR subreddit claims they just got their shipping notification:

That reddit username reminds me of troccoli who helped out gnr in the past. Maybe he is one of the first to get it? 🤷‍♂️Would make sense to me. 

14 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't get why people defend the band in these situations. 

They set themselves up for failure time and time again by not communicating anything. 

I don't think there's any other band that has this many issues releasing a song. For most other bands they'd just pick a release date, communicate it, clarify any confusion, release. 

It’ll be the first official release that nobody has heard before in 15 years, right? Even 15 years ago, only a few of those songs had never been heard before by the time the album was released. Axl runs such a laughably pathetic operation 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You know generalising all Brazilians as 'nice people' is a bit, well, racist, right? 

It's as ridiculous as saying all Brazilians are awful people. 

Very magnanimous of you to give your maid gifts from time to time though.  What does the butler and chaffeur get? Nothing until you 'work out' what nationality they are? 

Yes, of course. I'm so racist I found all norwegians I met to be nice people when I went to Oslo & Bergen Gn'R gigs 13 years ago. I have a nasty, and very racist, habit to think some foreigners are so nice. Damn I have to work on myself, thank you. Oh and yes, I love my "chaffeur". She used to be in the Fantastic Four. Now, she's all mine. Only problem is I can't see her very well and I think I may be very racist for thinking she's nice. Thanks for that real review of me and reality check.

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

But why? 

Because if it does well, maybe we get more, instead of having just 1/3rd of an album spaced out over two years. I’ll also say that it’s more of the logistics that’s pissing me off too. I would like to have a digital release so I could listen to it easier. Share it with family members who care about GNR without telling them to check out a weird audio file. Why restrict that from the fans? And if they were gonna restrict that from the fans, why not make it a pivotal marketing point of the vinyl so it would sell better? 

But you’re right that I’m giving GNR and Axl way too much credit and having too high of expectations for them to do anything in an optimal way at this point. Axl has been mentally checked out for years if not decades.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

You’re right that that is a fair point to consider, and there are a few people making that point in a reasonable way (Like yourself). But there’s so many more people taking the approach of “there’s no precedent of an artist ever releasing a vinyl exclusive track, real musicians just don’t do that”. That’s just factually inaccurate. 

You don’t know that the vinyl will be low quality, and nobody will know that until we start getting it in our hands. Yes, there’s a definite possibility that the pressing will not be good. But you can’t really generalize that just because GN’R blunders in the music business quite a bit, that it will be - they’re two things that don’t necessarily correlate with one another. 

We don't know for sure....but without wanting to open a big old can of worms, 7" vinyl sound quality just isn't the best. I know others will disagree, as people are very fond of vinyl, but it has serious limitations. 

Couple that with the downward swing in vinyl quality in general (cheap pressings and material) and then the fact that they may be squeezing a song that's too long onto one side of it (obviously we don't know the length yet) and it's pretty likely the quality is going to be a bit crap.

Selfishly, I just want to enjoy this song I've been waiting years to hear in a format without those limitations and issues. 

There's a part of me now wondering whether Axl is just very insecure about this song and that's why it's a low key B side.

The song kind of became epic because of its title which was later confirmed to be linked to Chinese food and the new title seems a bit more lame anyways.

Fernando called it a monster but he was probably more referring to the actual title of General and Monsters. 

Bach is always very over enthusiastic. 

I wonder if it is genuinely just a standard song that somehow kind of managed to get legendary status. 

God I wish they'd just get it out so we know for sure :lol:

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

We don't know for sure....but without wanting to open a big old can of worms, 7" vinyl sound quality just isn't the best. I know others will disagree, as people are very fond of vinyl, but it has serious limitations. 

Couple that with the downward swing in vinyl quality in general (cheap pressings and material) and then the fact that they may be squeezing a song that's too long onto one side of it (obviously we don't know the length yet) and it's pretty likely the quality is going to be a bit crap.

Selfishly, I just want to enjoy this song I've been waiting years to hear in a format without those limitations and issues. 

I don’t think that’s opening a can of worms, those are fair considerations. But we don’t know the answers to any of those points yet, including how long the song is. I’m of the opposite opinion, I’d rather just wait and see how it sounds when we get it. 

• Like 1