"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

• Blackstar changed the title to The General is still coming (but soon is not the word)

The General is basically the last CD era song that has not leaked..that's why we are all here.

But , like all the others CD leaks or releases, it has been delayed.. canceled etc... that's part of it. 

Chinese democracy has generated more topics amd comments on forums than any others albums in music history.  

Oh Jesus. Got us hook,.line and fucking sinker! 

We just should of known that THIS song couldn't come out normally...

Checking out for a bit. The bashing and insanity is gonna spill over, justified too but can't be doing with wanting to get Involved with all the negativity...shit happens, Vinyl has had issues....but Prince Estate just put out a box set with each set having to have 12 vinyls produced! I'm sure Fernando's bunch could manage to organise a little 7"....so I can't accept the non-communication and the garden path we're lead up and waste of excitement and anticipation! I mean, we should of been told this days ago, not at 11.59 pre release...

Praying for the new date to be real....but I wouldn't be surprised if this just doesn't happen in the end...logically that shouldn't even be a thought but this band....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

I cancelled my order. I will never understand why this band can never operate normally no matter who is managing it. Oh that’s right because Axl owns the band. He is like the Daniel Synder, Donald Sterling, and James Dolan of Rock. 

This is gotta be what it feels like to be a Knicks fan. 

• Like 2

Lol sending out a delay message at the eleventh hour. What a bunch of pricks.

Would be nice to get a gesture of goodwill and have the band just release the song anyway, but this is the most dangerous band in the world. They needed that vinyl exclusive just to prolong the mythical status of this song.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

My guess is they will lose the majority of their preorders over this

You have to actually go in and select you want to keep it. Your order will be automatically canceled if you don’t see the email and reply

I have doubts it’s gets released 

Yeah that's an unusual approach really. They've lost my sale for the time being. I'm not having my money tied up in this nonsense.