"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

I believe we’ll get the general, hopefully this year. But if they decide to remove the general from the vinyl, that’s it, I’m not gonna invest anything in this band anymore, neither money, nor time.

I feel like most of us keep defending this band but they continue to disappoint and once something exciting is about to happen, they usually fuck it up. At some point enough is enough. And it seems like we’re getting closer to that point for me 

• Like 3
  • PERHAPS 1

4 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

*Delete if need be*

By the way, a Vinyl rip of TG&M will be just fine

...listen to the brilliant quality of this Vinyl only release...👍

BTW this is why a live album of the best cuts would be totally a cool release..."Your Crazy" is also decent sounding too (same channel)

This was released on cd. (format)

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Look, I understand this band's history and why it has consistently set us up for disappointment and resentment, but come on. I imagine, more than likely, this is the result of vinyl issues. I have seen releases from other bands be pushed MUCH further down the line. I recently ordered some Weezer vinyl that was delayed close to a year due to manufacturing issues. 

I always felt the October release date for the vinyl seemed a little optimistic, but maybe they had clear word that deadline would definitely be met. Things happen. Enjoy some other music. Take a break from Guns N Roses for a while. We'll more than likely get this sooner than later. If we're still talking about this in March or April of next year with no updates, then go ahead and get pissed off. 

I do not mean to sound like a band/Axl sycophant. Any perusal of my posts will show I try to call it like it is, but it just seems people are getting riled up needlessly. Remember, just a few months ago, when "Perhaps" did not drop on the anticipated date, and we heard all this same hyperbole. Again, I admit this feels a little different since we actually had a shipping date in hand (I do not think we'd ever head an official release of "Perhaps" until it dropped), but if we want to judge this band on the same metric we judge other bands, this is happening across the board. 

By early next year, we'll all have likely heard "The General", made our initial comments, and promptly moved back to complaining about wanting more music. 

The only level headed comment of the day.

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s a bit of a nightmare….but hell - some folks need to calm down. 🤣 There are more important things in life - it will appear at somepoint.

Seriously. A world war could start tomorrow and some people would still get worked up about The General.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Seriously. A world war could start tomorrow and some people would still get worked up about The General.

MyGNR Nuclear Bunker when?
nah but im near the point where i'd spend the next week hacking into fernandos gmail and scraping everything GNR related that exists off every studio and distributor on his fucking list lmfao

Edited by Skamos66

Could any delays be down to vinyl production issues or hold-ups? I'm sure we've seen it before with other releases, not thinking GN'R.

Who was it who bought their own pressing plant to negate those issues? Was it Metallica?

Edited by DoMw94

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Sadly - this is very true. 🤦‍♂️

I’m a longtime fan - but I understand it’s a song. By a rock band. Not life n’ death!

• Like 1

Just now, DoMw94 said:

Coukd any delays be down to vinyl production issues or hold-ups? I'm sure we've seen it before with other releases, not thinking GN'R.

Who was it who bought their own oressing plant to negate those issues? Was it Metallica?

There has been a lot of delays with vinyl. Like a preorder for Twin Temple. Then when Adele was having albums pressed for her last release it caused production delays for other bands 

You lot are a bunch of piranhas, calm the fuck down haha. You guys just made me realise why I would never ever consider taking up a leading position in politics, The I want all and I want now type of crowd. Hard pass on that one.  The song will be out whenever the creators of said song will damn well please

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

"hey, hey" adlib vocals still in progress, estimated Axl remembers he needs to record it mid-November, actually schedules studio date in February, scraps it in June as too much effort to go into studio (as studio disrupts movie night with extra butter popcorn & M&Ms), releases TSI remastered instead with a horrible mix as an excuse for a new album for the next 15 years, no bonus tracks just a selects quality audio of "I Wanna be your Dog" from last tour, band breaks up in 2035 as the last remaining members Richard Fortus & Dizzy Reed are the only ones left who give a shit, Axl fueds with the media again and gets cancelled for unloading slurs on twitter at random CNN news reporters, Axl then hides in a mansion for the entire rest of his life never speaking a word again aside from a random tweet about Taco Bell being deliveredr late, WW3 starts, Universal Studios is bombed and all the GNR pro shot footage is destroyed, Fernando sells the band name & rights to disney, in order to purchase a private island in Honduras which Beta posts beach pics for the next 10 years on twitter as if nothing happened, Disney releases a shitty AI generated movie about GNR that gets destroyed by the remaining fan base still insane enough to give a shit, Steven Adler makes headlines for spending his AFD royalities on heroin and breaks a world record for most heroin ever overdosed and dies, Melissa Reese starts an onlyfans, a crazed billionaire GNR Fan manages to buy Geffen and accidently drops all the USB-drives of unheard gnr music into a puddle after taking a selfie to post on gnr reddit, the puddle is ran over by a bus further destroying the hard drives, it is 2050 and most the GNR fanbase is either dead or full of AFD-crazed zoomers who dont even know what Chinese Democracy was and roleplay about the band having intercourse instead because society at this point is already too degenerate to recover from, AI has taken over and actual human-produced music is declared illegal, Elon Musk's spaceship promising the last hope for humanity imploads mid-space OceanGate submarine style, humans go extinct and God finally shows up only to blow up the Earth to put it out of it's misery, he then closes every single universe & alternate reality to utter abyss and removes himself as well so nothingness is all that will ever remain.

All downhill from here folks, Pretty Tied Up was nice to be added back to the setlist in 2023, RIP.
(lmao i spent way too long on that shit)

(War Room-era Skylar rumored to return as well, probably worse than all of that block of text, if you know you know)

You may be onto something here.... or just on something? Either way, this is probably exactly how it's going to happen. 

Thanks for making me chuckle 😁 this forum is really something. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Lets have it dingbat, ill kick the shit out of you with a paper bag over my head you axl dick sucker

Let's do it tough guy, I'm back in London December, 12th.

We can do it at Paragon Kick Boxing Gym in Shoreditch, PM me your details and I'll get you a guest pass.

Cage or ring? Doesn't matter to me, you're getting whooped either way.

You're not going to start whining and crying when it doesn't go your way are you? You know, like you're doing now? 

1 minute ago, grouse said:

You lot are a bunch of piranhas, calm the fuck down haha. You guys just made me realise why I would never ever consider taking up a leading position in politics, The I want all and I want now type of crowd. Hard pass on that one.  The song will be out whenever the creators of said song will damn well please

People are rightfully pissed here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Coukd any delays be down to vinyl production issues or hold-ups? I'm sure we've seen it before with other releases, not thinking GN'R.

Who was it who bought their own oressing plant to negate those issues? Was it Metallica?

There are certainly slow turnaround times to press stuff, but it mainly works by booking in slots- so a slot might not be available as soon as you'd like, but once you have it you're good. 

There have been incidents reported  of stuff being 'bumped' to make way for bigger record labels, (something the pressing plants largely deny happens)  but really that shouldn't impact on GNR. If they had a slot booked for October, they'd have got it. And if they didn't have that slot booked they shouldn't have announced the record for sale and sold it. 

I really don't think this is a pressing plant problem. 

1 minute ago, DingBat said:

Let's do it tough guy, I'm back in London December, 12th.

We can do it at Paragon Kick Boxing Gym in Shoreditch, PM me your details and I'll get you a guest pass.

Cage or ring? Doesn't matter to me, you're getting whooped either way.

You're not going to start whining and crying when it doesn't go your way are you? You know, like you're doing now? 

These two people are deserving of a ban in my opinion, this is inciting violence,

• ABSUЯD 1