"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Really, you have never experienced that an Amazon delivery takes longer than originally stipulated, really?

Maybe a day, once or twice! not 6 weeks, every single time i order from them! i'd say 98% next day delivery from amazon is a decent play. 3 things ordered 3 times late and by months or weeks... thats 100% shitshow!

Now that it’s a day later, let’s try to analyze this logically. What are the potential reasons for delay? It could be an issue at the pressing plant. It could be a logistical issue as far as packaging and shipping. OR, and of course this is what a lot of us think, band interference (song isn’t ready, album art sucks etc,) or management incompetence. But what do we think really held this up?

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nothing. They either can't be bothered/don't want to release it digitally or the song has been shelved/isn't ready. 

Pick your choice! 

I believe there is a plan to put it on streaming services at some point down the line. Maybe already next week to coincide with Halloween. This is pure speculation from my side, though. And they are not going to change their plan simply because a few diehard fans gets their panties in a twist because the vinyl release is delayed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Thank fuck you're here to remind them! :thumbsup:

Both the band and I have been reminding you about for this for years, why does it not stick? They are dysfunctional. Apart from touring, expect them to not do anything according to logic or promises. That's the level you need to be at to go unscathed through GN'R fandom.

3 hours ago, siraddam said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm sure my copy is waiting for me when I get home tonight. If not I will sue them. They promised it today. 

No they didn't, they said shipped ...not delivered & this has been delayed 

Are some people plain thick or unable to read & understand basics 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Maybe a day, once or twice! not 6 weeks, every single time i order from them! i'd say 98% next day delivery from amazon is a decent play. 3 things ordered 3 times late and by months or weeks... thats 100% shitshow!

So we agree, you have to expect delays when ordering stuff. And now you have to realize that such delays will obviously potentially be longer for vinyls that aren't even pressed yet.

4 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Now that it’s a day later, let’s try to analyze this logically. What are the potential reasons for delay? It could be an issue at the pressing plant. It could be a logistical issue as far as packaging and shipping. OR, and of course this is what a lot of us think, band interference (song isn’t ready, album art sucks etc,) or management incompetence. But what do we think really held this up?

I doubt it is only logistic because that shouldn't take weeks to sort out. So I lean towards the vinyls simply not being manufactured completely yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

I've just been in a live chat with customer support for the UK store. Been told that the order is indeed delayed, but they don't have a date for when it is delayed to. Once that date has been finalised UK orders should get the dreaded email 

Thanks for following that up. It's bloody ridiculous you had to do it in the first place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You think bands press and package vinyls and other physical products BEFORE they start selling them?

Of course, at less some thousands copies. Bands as popular as Guns N’ Roses did it.

It’s nothing new. And not only music, when someone want to start selling something, the first thing is make some products and their package before start selling 

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I've just been in a live chat with customer support for the UK store. Been told that the order is indeed delayed, but they don't have a date for when it is delayed to. Once that date has been finalised UK orders should get the dreaded email 

Ask them if they can send you a digital download of The General for the trouble. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nothing. They either can't be bothered/don't want to release it digitally or the song has been shelved/isn't ready. 

Pick your choice! 

It’s wildly shitty what we’re seeing, however on-brand.

• Like 2