"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, JAxlMorrison said:

This. What are the notable differences if any.

The rumored "mastered version" is a Youtube link, to me I hear the same audio someone just put the two songs in sequence together in one video

13 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I like 'em, personally, but, they would have sounded dated even back then.

Yep. A 90s album. All of it.

15 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Nothing I've heard so far is the absolute stunner knockout that would have been required, IMO.

It was all simply hyped too much. They didn't know when to stop and they were getting high on their own supply.

The CD sessions have some really good songs along with some turds but you're right. There's no massive song that was going to blow the world's mind.

Having said that, both these songs should've been on the album. Remove Scraped and Street of Dreams.

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The rumored "mastered version" is a Youtube link, to me I hear the same audio someone just put the two songs in sequence together in one video

Blurryface?  Upload...that's the only one I've been listening to ...there were other earlier leaks? .can't be...all we got at the moment....the new mix won't have left the plant yet....

Edited by colonizedmind

2 hours ago, D.. said:

Interesting artwork for tonight's show:

It's October 27th, who knows? They may debut The General live tonight & put it afterwards on Youtube, fingers crossed. Didn't they do something similar with Absurd?

I find the artwork telling, could be wrong.

I don't think it's telling at all. It's not a general - it's a miner. No doubt a reference to gold mining in Colorado.

Listened to the youtube leak a couple of times and thought Monsters was pretty great.  The General was underwhelming but I've stayed away from most of the locker stuff so expectations were pretty hard to live up to.  It'll be fun to listen more and hope it grows on me a bit. 

Fun distraction from work for a while though checking out all this forum action. 

Edited by scans n' copies