Insane Nightrain performance by Axl 2009

49 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Axl must have been really feeling confident that night, the dude took it up an entire octave than he usually does - one of the coolest Nightrain opening verses of all time for sure!

Man 2009 was such an exciting time, I remember when these concerts were happening the forum was super active, the band was finally touring for CD since the album came out, Axl was sounding like this, etc. 

It was great. I remember most people being shocked that Shackler's was one of the best live songs and Prostitute was one of the worst. Unpredictable sets, Axl in 1991 chainsaw rasp mode, and it even seemed like there was a chance of a re-release with bonus tracks, remixes and better artwork within the next year... oh well. :lol:

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was great. I remember most people being shocked that Shackler's was one of the best live songs and Prostitute was one of the worst. Unpredictable sets, Axl in 1991 chainsaw rasp mode, and it even seemed like there was a chance of a re-release with bonus tracks, remixes and better artwork within the next year... oh well. :lol:

yeah, he had lot of gas in the tank!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Axl was singing in 2009 like he was trying to get out some serious anger. Or maybe he was just angry at having to tour Asia to pay Irving Azoff. Or maybe someone got his order wrong in a restaurant. 

I thought the 2011 tour was the settlement with Azoff

Edited by rumandraisin

8 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

wow awesome! any other notable performances from this era?

Everything from the Tokyo show. 

IRS in 2009 and 10, Axl sounded like he was going to give himself a stroke during the final verse ("betcha think I'm doing this all for myself..."). In the best way possible. So much venom!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 12:14 PM, Arnuld said:

Axl was singing in 2009 like he was trying to get out some serious anger. Or maybe he was just angry at having to tour Asia to pay Irving Azoff. Or maybe someone got his order wrong in a restaurant. 

Reminded me of 92 Axl

10 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Perfect example of why he can’t sing anymore….he sounds good here but he’s screaming the song - this wasn’t his style in the early 90s. This is a different level of screeching. 

His vocal approach in 09/10 was seriously  unhealthy indeed, same as it was in the nineties. Non-coincidentally, these eras followed his greatness in terms of performance, he went all in.