Chinese era is finally ending?

52 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

His gimmick and constant costume is antithetical to being taken serious imo. He’s a sideshow. 

You're right. Serious guitars players are 60-year old men using top hats and guest appearing in Demi Lovato's single "Sorry Not Sorry".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

You're right. Serious guitars players are 60-year old men using top hats and guest appearing in Demi Lovato's single "Sorry Not Sorry".

Yes, a 58 year old who is still in high demand for a variety of projects because he’s not a sideshow who is afraid to show his face. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yes, a 58 year old who is still in high demand for a variety of projects because he’s not a sideshow who is afraid to show his face. 

Man, I imagine the level of respect you have for artists like Taylor Swift, Drake, Beyonce and such. Too bad GnR will never reach their level of artistry and talent :lol:

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

His gimmick and constant costume is antithetical to being taken serious imo. He’s a sideshow. 

the style of playing and his image are not for everyone. I don't think his image is supposed to be taken seriously. As for Bucket as a guitar player, he is brilliant, probably one of the best in the world at what he does, like his style or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

But they weren't! None of them moved the needle. And the biggest promotion the current tour got was Glastonbury, way before Perhaps was released

I stated why singles got released. Period. The end. There's nothing to debate on that. It would be like debating bears shitting in the woods.

I'm not going to run in circles you're creating out of my posts in this discussion. Move along. Don't waste a single second responding to this unless the next circle you're going to run in is with yourself.

4 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I stated why singles got released. Period. The end. There's nothing to debate on that. It would be like debating bears shitting in the woods.

I'm not going to run in circles you're creating out of my posts in this discussion. Move along. Don't waste a single second responding to this unless the next circle you're going to run in is with yourself.

If you don't like people discussing things with you, then maybe this isn't the place for you. That isn't how things work here.

Anyway, the singles were not released to promote the tour. You're the first person that's ever suggested that and it's a bizarre suggestion. Being 'Guns N' Roses' is what's promoted the tour. Nostalgia. Three forgettable songs from a band that's not longer mainstream is not promoting any tour, nor were they once used to 😂

• Like 1

Buckethead is great and if he's having financial troubles I'm sorry to hear that. However, I feel like he's his own worst enemy.

His Pikes website layout is horrible and likely to turn off people that are new to him.

People have complained about how long it takes to receive merchandise they order from his website. Allegedly he or those close to him are doing fulfillment. There's no excuse for orders taking so long when we live in a time of print on demand and numerous order fulfillment companies.

Speaking of merchandise, he's severely lacking merchandise that common sense says should be available. There could be t-shirts with the Buckethead mask on it, shirts with images along the lines of the Monsters And Robots cover, shirts of the Pikes cover art, etc. He could easily do this with print on demand options like Teespring or Amazon, they'd handle fulfillment, and all he'd have to do is sit back and watch Johnny Socko while the money comes in.

He has absolutely no presence on Youtube or Tiktok. Natternet does far more for Buckethead online than Buckethead himself does, Why is that? He could stay in character as Buckethead, have Herbie do the talking for him if he wants, and simply do videos of him playing his or other musicians songs, or just doing funny stuff whether by himself or with others like Brain. People like Frog Leap Studios and The Doo get good views playing guitar online and they don't even have to leave their house. It would get him ad revenue and exposure. People on those platforms would probably get a kick out of him staying in character too. There are numerous demographics that would watch him: obviously fans he has already, GNR fans, people into guitar, people that like horror, and weebs just to name a few.

These are just a few examples of things he could do that would make him money and expose more people to his music. It would cost him no money or at worst very little money which he would easily recoup. He wouldn't have to compromise his artistic integrity or even leave his house. But with his current model of doing things, a person is more likely to find out what Buckethead is up to and where to buy his stuff if they're walking down a random alley and find a flyer lying in a puddle. I hate to say that. He's very talented, very prolific, a very kind person from what others say, and I want nothing but the best for him. But sometimes it seems like he goes out of his way to make life harder for himself.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Slash fanboys are weird when it comes to Bucket... but I guess these are also the people who think CD songs suck, but Perhaps and HS 'sounded like GNR' once Slash was pasted in. :lol: 

Do people here really not think Slash comes across as a gimmick and caricature? He wears a costume every time he's on stage, like Bucket. He has occasional moments of brilliance but play like he's on autopilot most of the time. BuT hE's IcOnIc AnD fAmOuS. No denying Slash is a legend, but it sure as shit isn't because of how he plays these days...

Fact is, Bucket is by far the best guitar player the band has ever had, and one of the best guitar players in the world. A true artist and master of his craft. KOHD, Nightrain, Madagascar, etc haven't sounded as good since he left, even with Slash playing them. It's sad to see he's been having health and money issues in recent years, he deserves so much better, but I agree with those who said he's his own worst enemy.

Deserves better? In what way? From who? God?

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Slash fanboys are weird when it comes to Bucket... but I guess these are also the people who think CD songs suck, but Perhaps and HS 'sounded like GNR' once Slash was pasted in. :lol: 

Do people here really not think Slash comes across as a gimmick and caricature? He wears a costume every time he's on stage, like Bucket. He has occasional moments of brilliance but play like he's on autopilot most of the time. BuT hE's IcOnIc AnD fAmOuS. No denying Slash is a legend, but it sure as shit isn't because of how he plays these days...

Fact is, Bucket is by far the best guitar player the band has ever had, and one of the best guitar players in the world. A true artist and master of his craft. KOHD, Nightrain, Madagascar, etc haven't sounded as good since he left, even with Slash playing them. It's sad to see he's been having health and money issues in recent years, he deserves so much better, but I agree with those who said he's his own worst enemy.

Couldn’t have said it better. People that say Bucket is a caricature don’t realize Slash also is, to most people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Couldn’t have said it better. People that say Bucket is a caricature don’t realize Slash also is, to most people.

Funny how most of GNRs guitarists have been caricatures. Slash and Bucket for obvious reasons, Finck with the wacky gothic mullet, 4tus with his gigantic nose, and Assba being Assba. :lol: