THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 hour ago, siraddam said:

FFS, I can’t not cringe at the fact that My World was placed higher than The General. 

also, Perhaps at 71?? and how in the fuck did So Fine fall at 18 😂 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Elvis is nearly 6 minutes. Dummy is over 6 minutes but that seems more like an outline/idea than a song.

How wild would it be if Me & My Elvis is named Soul Monster and Monsters is it's own song. :P 

4 hours ago, DeNfr said:

me since day one, It's probably well documented on this forum.

it's deeper and hits you in the gut, that's why. but Monsters will be a great song too, the quality
of the recent stuff amazed me, compares to some songs on Chinese, which have not aged very well. 

I'm still confused about the CD tracking list, I probably would have made different choices.

None of the new songs hold a candle to anything on ChiDem ... 

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

None of the new songs hold a candle to anything on ChiDem ... 

I believe the CD-era mixes of CD2 songs would largely be superior to what we are getting officially. 

One example that can be realized is 2000 Hardschool (which was labeled as a rough mix) vs the 2021 officially released Hard Skool. Perhaps 2000 vs Perhaps 2023 is more interesting, as I like almost everything about the official release except most of Slash's solo. I wish they had Slash record a second solo to Robin's like with CD and TWAT, or better blended them. 

• Like 1

I think that there probably were previous versions of the tracks that were longer, with a more epic feel. I like what has been done with them though. 

I'm not sure I like one more than the other, they both have parts that I like a lot.

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I think that there probably were previous versions of the tracks that were longer, with a more epic feel.

IIRC the party leak of Monsters has an instrumental, drumless section after the Black Sabbath-y bridge instead of going right into the chorus.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe the CD-era mixes of CD2 songs would largely be superior to what we are getting officially. 

One example that can be realized is 2000 Hardschool (which was labeled as a rough mix) vs the 2021 officially released Hard Skool. Perhaps 2000 vs Perhaps 2023 is more interesting, as I like almost everything about the official release except most of Slash's solo. I wish they had Slash record a second solo to Robin's like with CD and TWAT, or better blended them. 

I agree. What we've got are watered down, soul-less forms of these songs, but regardless, from a musical standpoint, save maybe Hardschool, I think every song on ChiDem is superior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

GITR is a better song

In no way, shape, or form, under any circumstances, I could consider GITR a better song than Catcher. Catcher is miles ahead of GITR in my book. There's just no comparisson. It would be a fair fight if to compare GITR to Scraped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take away the stupid announcer, the crowd intro and axls rant, there's a good punk rock song there, but it just sounds so over produced for a punk rock song. if they got rid of those 3 things and made it tonally similar to its so easy, then you have a top 20 GnR rocker. But it just sounds like queen trying to do a punk song, but with an angry 13 year old featured. Still, gets me going in the gym occasionally.

Catcher is a great song trapped inside a mediocre mix / release. one guitar one piano one thicker bass line and a drums with a les convoluted axl vocal and that song is great. A lot of people say CD suffered from over production which i don't agree with - apart from catcher. this song should have been much cleaner and simpler

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I agree. What we've got are watered down, soul-less forms of these songs, but regardless, from a musical standpoint, save maybe Hardschool, I think every song on ChiDem is superior.

I think 2000 Hardschool is one of the better songs they have, and would fit CD as far as quality goes. 2021 Hard Skool, I honestly don't want that on any album. They butchered that song into a C tier tune. 

I think Perhaps and Hardschool from the CD era would have fit CD, Atlas too, though I find Atlas to be a weaker song. 

I think the CD era Monsters / Soul Monster would have been pretty good as well.

Zodiac 13 could be the Better of CD2 if they have a nice vocal track to it.