RON 'BUMBLEFOOT' THAL Says He Got 'Death Threats' Over Botched Guitar Solo During GUNS N' ROSES Concert

That mistake was nothing compared to the shit show that happened on stage that night. I remember looking at Axl during Sorry and thinking “well, fuck….” It was just a horrible experience. The band came on stage almost when they were supposed to be leaving, cause Axl threw a tantrum backstage, it rained like hell and people were soaked and cold… damn it was so bad. 

I'm surprised people were aggressive towards Bumblefoot for that show. He was the least concern from a performance standpoint. I remember watching it streaming, the stream quality was awful, cutting in and out and Axl sounded bad, and Pitman's duck call singing during Jungle made it even worse. 

22 hours ago, axlslash said:

Ron is the goddamn coolest dude. I was at the Up Close and Person show in Philly. When the doors opened at the Electric Factory, he and his wife were just hanging out down on the floor chatting with people, taking photos etc (most people didn't realize who he was, so those of us who did got some quick chats and personal time). This was one of the shows that got tacked on and extended the tour when he was supposed to be having his back injury treated, so he disappeared for a chunk of the middle of the show after being in obvious pain throughout. When the show ended and a bunch of us waited by the stage door to meet the band, we all expected him to get out as quickly as possible. But no, he propped up against the wall by the door and hung out for a good half hour signing, taking pictures, just shooting the shit with us. The man was in severe pain and in need of immediate medical care, but still went out of his way to be cool to the fans. I will always respect him deeply for that.

Basically the same experience I had in Toronto in 2013. He was wandering around the venue. Very cool dude

19 hours ago, highvoltage said:

They had far bigger things to worry about with this show.

The same problem that hinders every performance the last handful of years.

• Like 1

I have been lucky enough to hang out with Ron a few times over the years at shows and stuff. He is a great dude. It is a bummer GNR was a rough time for him, but I hope he is happy and looks back with some good, too. He really is an awesome person that went out of his way for fans

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What happened?

My mother in law worked for the agency responsible for the Marketing of Rock in Rio 2011. She was backstage that night. She said she wasn’t exactly sure why but Axl was refusing to go on stage for quite a while. She said it was a real headache to convince him to finally do it.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:28 AM, THELINESMAN said:

I thought it was funny :shrugs:

Took the heat off ol' yellow coat for a second! 🤣

Man that show was fuckin crazy. I still remember Chris Martin on radio the next week being asked if he caught GNR and he said he wasn't sure if he had but he'd seen a Fat Elvis tribute act....🫣

On 12/6/2023 at 10:44 PM, Cosmo said:

My mother in law worked for the agency responsible for the Marketing of Rock in Rio 2011. She was backstage that night. She said she wasn’t exactly sure why but Axl was refusing to go on stage for quite a while. She said it was a real headache to convince him to finally do it.

The weather? Fair shout. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:44 PM, Cosmo said:

The weather? Fair shout. 🤷‍♀️

On 12/6/2023 at 11:44 PM, Cosmo said:

A lot of bands refuse to play in this conditions. Was very dangerous for them play with all this water around

On 12/6/2023 at 2:53 AM, Gimmick said:

Could he not play without looking at his hands? That was always weird to me.

If you are wearing an oversized uncomfy helmet, even guitarists who can go off muscle memory would be distracted and impeded for sure