The General Music Video Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Watched it twice. I still love the song but am not a fan of the video. Its hard to watch. That said, I appreciate that they're still doing stuff. They are at least trying to be creative still. At this stage in their careers thats more than a lot of bands can say. You can all debate the level of "trying" theyre doing, but they are trying. 

After years of silence, I'm happier with them putting out the occasional thing I dont like than nothing at all.

Agreed.

As much as this video doesn't work for me, it's still better that they're trying and putting stuff out there.  It's not as though they never got something wrong during the classic era either.  Artists are allowed to fail to their fanbase from time to time.  Otherwise, there's little chance they'll ever succeed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How can you tell they are fake bots? 

Lots of cringe large youtubers have bots that say nothing but nice stuff about the videos, "This is perfect the greatest video as of yet" and its generated with AI so it sounds authentic.
also the names are always either an obscure or very generic First & Last name, and not a username.

Just now, Skamos66 said:

Lots of cringe large youtubers have bots that say nothing but nice stuff about the videos, "This is perfect the greatest video as of yet" and its generated with AI so it sounds authentic.
also the names are always either an obscure or very generic First & Last name, and not a username.

Ah, so just speculation. Would be hilarious if true, though. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Ah, so just speculation. Would be hilarious if true, though. 

Yeah i mean it might just be real people, but the formatting of some of the comments on that is in the style of how youtube comment bots are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

You've posted a thread from a Facebook group...

It's real. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I kinda liked the animation and some of the transitions were pretty cool, so I guess I like it more than most do, but I didn’t really pick up on any story or narrative other than “look at this animation and computer effects we’ve done”, which was disappointing 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

It was worse than I expected, and I had low expectations. 

The song that could have benefitted most from a lyric video, doesn't get one. Bummer.

At least Fernando isn't in it! 

No he is, I'm 99% sure I saw a clown in there somewhere

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 4

I have seen it 5 times now and I like it. Not like it is a masterpiece or anything, just that there is a lot of cool things happening and really crowded with something new to see each time. 

A thing that occurred to me: There are monsters in the video, providing a connection to the song Monsters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

To many people on this forum are still stuck in the past and that's the problem with many who post on this forum. 

It's not the 90s anymore... 

Music video directors don't exist anymore nor do record labels have the money to invest in a product that doesn't give them a financial return.

The band have released a music video that fits in with the current state of today's music industry, including the cost factor and holding the copyrights to their own  content. 

Some of you seem to think this music video was released to make some money. 

The music industry doesn't make any money anymore, hence a less cost effective alternative.. 

Thats why many artists release animation/lyric based music videos or are remastering previously released albums. 

This post must be AI because I haven't seen a lot of people talking about GNR wanting money from putting this video out there.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

To many people on this forum are still stuck in the past and that's the problem with many who post on this forum. 

Music video directors don't exist anymore nor do record labels have the money to invest in a product that doesn't give them a financial return.

The band have released a music video that fits in with the current state of today's music industry, including the cost factor and holding the copyrights to their own  content. 

The music industry doesn't make any money anymore, hence a less cost effective alternative.. 

Thats why many artists release animation/lyric based music videos or are remastering previously released albums. 

If Axl wanted to make Estranged music video 2.0, he could. He’s loaded. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I mean, people are allowed to be stuck in the past.
The past was pure artistic authenticity at least.
Either way, liking or disliking this is 100% up to the individual, and on a GNR forum, different views are going to be had and that is ok.
It is also ok to shit on such views, as much as it is to praise them.
Ive had plenty of shit opinions here myself, im just happy I can acknowledge that and have self-reflection.
Which many people of my generation, lack

Edited by Skamos66
  • GNFNR 1