The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

A great song is a great song and will be a hit with the right amount of promotion. The thing that I'm concerned about is that Izzy was an essential part of some of their greatest hits and if he is not part of the songwriting process then the songs may suffer. Izzy has a way of putting chords/melodies together to form a great song.

This just in, Frank is confirmed:

25hd9ir.jpg

Who is this Salina person? I don't get it, all the important members are staying completely mute while these freeriders are all over the Internet about this. One would think that the likes of Frank and Dave would have the most respect for thing seeing as it is not really their surprise to share

Most prob she sleeps with him every tuesdays and this tuesday he will not be there :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Supposedly that final line up has Dave Kishner in it too. I really don't understand how Slash and Duff din't recommend Matt's name.

Ok, forget about Slash

i want her and nobody else in GNR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIxjgNNigu8

Yeah I would like to see her instead of Fortus and Kishner

This one is better than the old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBvmv8kt4U

Ok, so after carful review, here are my thoughts.

The girl in video 1, is indeed hot. I care not about her guitar playing, in far more interested in her other qualities. But here is the deal, she REALLY thinks she is something special. Like I bet she thinks she is perfect, and carries her self that way. So bottom line, she is going to think that she is better than you, me, and everyone else. So basically she is just a dick tease, nobody is getting near those tits.

The girl in the second video, has her hair a mess, and a general I don't give a fuck type of attitude. In some of her videos you can actually see her messy bedroom behind her. Not only is her guitar playing vastly superior to the girl in video 1, but watching her tits bounce while playing nightrain is far more entertaining than anything girl 1 has to offer. Also, and I can't stress this enough, if you actually knew this girl, and got her drunk, and we're a pretty cool dude, you MIGHT have a chance. She is not unatainable, she is probably far more interested in guys that are "cool".

So bottom line, if you like the girl in video 1 better, you will always get to look, but never taste. But if you actually want to taste, girl 2 is the one for you. Also may I add, I just plain find her sexier. Girl 1 looks like a stuck up bitch.

My 2 cents reguarding new music or album.

If and I mean IF a new album is released with Axl and Slash together on it, I don't want it to sound like Libertad or WOF. Both albums have their appeal, and nonappeal. But that's not where I'm going with this. While Appetite was a very cut and dry, bare bones rock album, which is awesome. I would MUCH rather they go into the exploring type avenues of the Illusion albums. Axl tried and partially succeeded on CD of exploring, but it didn't have the cohesivness that the Illusions had.

Here is my point, the Illusion albums are the closest thing ANY band has gotten to in reguards of pushing the boundaries of hard rock music since Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti. Which not only did Zeppelin write the book on pushing and expanding these boundries, they also took them further than ANY band has since. But on the Illusion albums, gnr came damn close. Songs like Civil War, Coma, Locomotion, Estranged, November Rain, and others really took hard rock to places it had not been, since Led Zeppelin really. As much as I love Appeitie (it's my favorite gnr album), it did not advance hard rock music like the Illusions did. It perfected what was already out there, but it didn't show the world anything new. The Illusions did, but they were also bogged down with tracks like Shot gun blues, back off bitch, and my world that made for a confusing journey for the listener. That is why, IMO, the Illusion albums are not considered all time classics. But had they released 1 album of all the best material, it would have been considered a masterpiece, on par with some of Zeppelin's all time greats.

Axl, to his credit, DID try to continue this idea with CD. And IMO, he did achieve it on certain songs, but overall the album is even more inconsistent than even the Illusions were. Why? He didn't have his proper musical partner in Slash.

That is why IF, and I mean IF new music comes from these guys, I want to see them push the envelope like they did on the Illusions. That is the biggest thing lacking from Slash's post gnr catalogue, he has played it relatively safe. He has been trying to recapture Appetite, but like I said earlier, Appetite is like looking at rocks past, while the Illusions looked into the future. Which IMO is the biggest loss rock music has suffered since guns broke up, nobody is pushing the envelope and looking towards the future, everybody is just looking towards the past.

This

This just in, Frank is confirmed:

25hd9ir.jpg

Who is this Salina person? I don't get it, all the important members are staying completely mute while these freeriders are all over the Internet about this. One would think that the likes of Frank and Dave would have the most respect for thing seeing as it is not really their surprise to share

Most prob she sleeps with him every tuesdays and this tuesday he will not be there :awesomeface:

She must be kidding. This is not official so she is just trying to be funny.

Steven is a phenomenal drummer and I think that he would be able to pull of a world tour sober. The problem is that the guys in the band know him better than us and seem to not want him around. I think Steven and Matt are both emotional men and tend to say what's on their mind and this can be a problem for the more power hungry members of the band.

Izzy and Steven should be in. Steven can play anything better than anyone if he's sober, nay sayers dont know a shit.

Izzy mentioned the 'swing' that Steven had in an interview and how the sound of gnr was lost when he was kicked out. I think Izzy may not want to be a part of this because it wouldn't sound like gnr to him without popcorn.

• Like 1

What irrelevant things to be posting about in this thread... YouTube guitar covers? Really?

They had a year and half to talk about covers and they decide to do it now that we have a reunion...

Anyways Izzy isn't capable of touring. I thought I read he toured with GNR for 6 weeks in 06 and said it took him 3 weeks to recover.