GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I think now it's time for taylor swift to make it up with katy perry again

Like a lesbian sex take make-up

How amazing would this be?

First show for reunited band is at The Whiskey.

250 tickets.

GnR picks 50 members of Nighttrain.

50 members from this forum.

50 members of HTGTH.

Then the band gives the remaining 100 tickets out to friends/family or those who have supported their careers.

Three hour show.

Debut three new songs.

Party and hang with fans for a couple hours after show.

That's how you garner tons of positive publicity and how give your diehard fans the biggest thank you ever.

So we know that Slash, Duff and Frank are involved.

Why keep the rest of the lineup a secret? What positive purpose does that serve?

And how long will they wait to announce it? The cat is out of the bag. Slash and Duff have acknowledged they are part of it. How long till they release the rest of the names?

I think it has something to do with the possibility of the Coachella lineup being different than whatever the touring lineup is supposed to be.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Hey guys. Had to create a new account here 'cause I forgot the password for my old one.

Anyway, I'm not an insider and don't pretend to be one. But I have a friend who lives in NY and works for this ad agency and I think they have MGM's account. He said that "the news" at the agency today was that Guns would be playing two dates in the new The Park & Arena MGM, in Vegas, on the 8th and 9th of April. I know, I don't buy it too, specially 'cause those dates would happen BEFORE Coachella, but hey, just thought I would share this with you guys.

That'd be awesome if true. I just hope you aren't some Jabroni who signed up here just to fuck with us. Maybe one of our actual GNR-insiders can follow up on this. If true it seems like it'd be one of the smaller shows this tour as opposed to a stadium or Coachella.

Hey guys. Had to create a new account here 'cause I forgot the password for my old one.

Anyway, I'm not an insider and don't pretend to be one. But I have a friend who lives in NY and works for this ad agency and I think they have MGM's account. He said that "the news" at the agency today was that Guns would be playing two dates in the new The Park & Arena MGM, in Vegas, on the 8th and 9th of April. I know, I don't buy it too, specially 'cause those dates would happen BEFORE Coachella, but hey, just thought I would share this with you guys.

That'd be awesome if true. I just hope you aren't some Jabroni who signed up here just to fuck with us. Maybe one of our actual GNR-insiders can follow up on this. If true it seems like it'd be one of the smaller shows this tour as opposed to a stadium or Coachella.

I'd absolutely love to do that instead of Coachella, but I still don't see it very likely they'll do any shows before Coachella.

I would definitely choose Vegas shows over Coachella, especially if it means I get to spend my birthday in Vegas. Was hoping they'd play that arena on the 6th of April itself but The Killers are playing there instead <shakesfist>

I would definitely choose Vegas shows over Coachella, especially if it means I get to spend my birthday in Vegas. Was hoping they'd play that arena on the 6th of April itself but The Killers are playing there instead <shakesfist>

The killers can be displaced, ala the hateful eight with Star Wars! ;)

I'd absolutely love to do that instead of Coachella, but I still don't see it very likely they'll do any shows before Coachella.
If this is true (wasn't Vegas mentioned in one of the recent articles from Rolling Stone?) it probably won't be confirmed until after the Coachella on sale tomorrow,which from asking people who have gone,are very hard to get,unless you want the very expensive VIP packages. But yeah,why would Coachella throw down 8 million (allegedly )just to have GNR perform a few weeks earlier. I know it won't hurt their ticket sales as Coachella will sell out even if The Village People headlined a night but I think they like having bragging rights for being the home of the first GNR reunion show. Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

remember 2001. the warm up show could happen in vegas. just like house of blues

I think that Coachella will be show number 1. No warm up. No rehearsal with AXL. Probably end up with a poor out of breath effort as in the previous tours since 06. Even at hammerstein he was rusty! The man is 10 years older now!

I would home some warm up does happen but In recent history it has taken him about 5 shows to really get into it.

I'm a massive Axl fan but also a realist. Having seen them 7 times since 2006 i have yet to go to a bad gig, Axl has always sounded good and the band tight but generally the first few shows have not been great.

I hope they choose a setlist which suits his ability these days. Obviously YCBM, RQ and WTTJ need to be on there but there are loads of other GNR songs which Axl can still pull off very well which don't require so much energy.

I hope they all work hard to deliver a great performance. Axl must work on his vocals and shape, Slash should really consider working in his guitar tone and timbre, the hired guys are good professionals but they must step up their game as well, there's an icon on lead guitar now.

An icon who plays worse than the previous two lead guitar players excluding ashba and perhaps fink ? LOL I think they can handle playing with the guy who invented sweet shit o mine

I would say he play a lot better than the soulless shredders you are talking about. In addition he has written a lot of the material and solos. To undermine Slash in GNR is just plain stupid.

I'm not undermining anything, it's a fact that they are far more technically gifted. I just pointed that :)

I hope they all work hard to deliver a great performance. Axl must work on his vocals and shape, Slash should really consider working in his guitar tone and timbre, the hired guys are good professionals but they must step up their game as well, there's an icon on lead guitar now.

An icon who plays worse than the previous two lead guitar players excluding ashba and perhaps fink ? LOL I think they can handle playing with the guy who invented sweet shit o mine

I would say he play a lot better than the soulless shredders you are talking about. In addition he has written a lot of the material and solos. To undermine Slash in GNR is just plain stupid.

I'm not undermining anything, it's a fact that they are far more technically gifted. I just pointed that :)

Technically gifted means jack shit if you can't write a good song.

I was always a big fan (still am) of Ron's playing, but BH couldn't write a good song if his life depended on it.

• Like 1

What is 'technically gifted' anyway? And what use is it when none of them have wrote a good song of note? Somebody feeling a little butthurt? Listen mate, Slash has more soul/feeling/ability on the guitar than you, Fuckithead or Bumblefuck will ever have, so if you don't mind, keep your butthurt feelings to yourself

• Like 1

OK, stupid question maybe for some, but I'm a bit confused now.

On the poster, GNR is placed as a headliner, of course, but there are 2 dates (Saturday, April 16 & 23rd) - does this mean they will do 2 gigs at Coachella (both Saturdays) or just one of them (and if so, which one) ? :)

12410569_10153857245308069_3060163274757

Sorry :)

OK, stupid question maybe for some, but I'm a bit confused now.

On the poster, GNR is placed as a headliner, of course, but there are 2 dates (Saturday, April 16 & 23rd) - does this mean they will do 2 gigs at Coachella (both Saturdays) or just one of them (and if so, which one) ? :)

12410569_10153857245308069_3060163274757

Sorry :)

yes, its the same show both weekends. The festival got so big they do it twice now.

I assure you I'm not. Just a hardcore and hopeful fan like you guys. And I'm not saying this is true, BUT I WANT IT to be, 'cause I'm not going to Coachella, but would definitely go to Vegas.

I'm quite amazed at how little attention and press this info seems to be getting. I used to get texts from people about e.g. New Guns tour announcements. Haven't heard from anyone.

Most bizarrely, Rolling Stone have NOTHING on their homepage about Slash returning! Their bit about Coachella has been dropped down. Rolling Stone used to have major headlines every single time ANYTHING happened in the last years whether a tour or lineup change or interview.

What's up with that?

Not much of a surprise at this point given the reporting by NY Times, Billboard, and so forth over the past couple weeks. Plus we technically do not have confirmation from GN'R itself that Slash and Duff are back. We have Slash and Duff posting the GN'R announcement on their Twitter feeds and it is pretty obvious that they're part of it, but the lineup has not been officially announced by GN'R. When that happens I think there will be more press coverage.

Regardless of a lineup, the fact that Slash and Duff confirmed surprises me its not getting more press. I work at a news station and was excited today to at least think we'd run SOMETHING about it and there has not been one word of it, which shocked me. I did expect this to be a little bigger.

I'm quite amazed at how little attention and press this info seems to be getting. I used to get texts from people about e.g. New Guns tour announcements. Haven't heard from anyone.

Most bizarrely, Rolling Stone have NOTHING on their homepage about Slash returning! Their bit about Coachella has been dropped down. Rolling Stone used to have major headlines every single time ANYTHING happened in the last years whether a tour or lineup change or interview.

What's up with that?

Not much of a surprise at this point given the reporting by NY Times, Billboard, and so forth over the past couple weeks. Plus we technically do not have confirmation from GN'R itself that Slash and Duff are back. We have Slash and Duff posting the GN'R announcement on their Twitter feeds and it is pretty obvious that they're part of it, but the lineup has not been officially announced by GN'R. When that happens I think there will be more press coverage.

Regardless of a lineup, the fact that Slash and Duff confirmed surprises me its not getting more press. I work at a news station and was excited today to at least think we'd run SOMETHING about it and there has not been one word of it, which shocked me. I did expect this to be a little bigger.

The band hasn't made a statement about its lineup yet. I think once that occurs the buzz will be much bigger.

Edited by GunnerOne 84

What's up with that?

The band hasn't made a statement about it's lineup yet. I think once that occurs the buzz will be much bigger.

There's also no band picture, either. Most stories running it are showing the HoF picture of Matt, Duff, Slash and Steven. I imagine if there was a picture taken of the new lineup, confirmation of a tour, etc there would be a lot more press.

What's up with that?

I think it will be if Axl and the rest get out there soon with talk shows, interviews, photo and press ops. It's easy to forget we live in a forum bubble slightly here. Our twitter feed is blowing up right now but there are still many random things trending above GNR, in the age of the internet you really have to promote the hell out of stuff to get noticed by the wider public.

What's up with that?

The band hasn't made a statement about its lineup yet. I think once that occurs the buzz will be much bigger.

Not necessarily, if it's the rumored hybrid. I've seen more posts outside this forum criticizing the idea of leaving out Izzy and Adler/Sorum than praising Slash and Duff for coming back.

What's up with that?

Me too. When Faith No More reunited, a less known band, they were trending on twitter for half day and were front page on SPIN, RS, etc. But at the time they released a letter explaining the reunion and who would be playing, so it was pretty much more concrete than this. Let's hope for a full announcement too.