Broskirose

Last full album you listened to?

Actually am trying to listen to 365 records that I don't know fully this year done 13 thus far, last few ive listened to were:

1987 - Whitesnake
Foreigner - Foreigner

Been listening to Blood Sugar Sex Magik by RHCP a lot lately, fuckin' good album.

Had to drive across town, so I put in Use Your Illusion I and listen to the whole thing on the way there and back, Coma ended as I drove up my driveway when I got home 😊

I've been listening all day to Keilberth's Das Rheingold from,

MI0003697423.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

In this budget boxset you get Rheingold, Siegfried and Götterdämmerung (parts 1, 3-4)  live cycle from Keilberth/Bayreuth 1953-4 and Walküre (part 2) studio from Furtwängler/Vienna Phil 1954. The quality of Keilberth's are scratchy and in mono but the quality of the performance is unmistakable. It is great stuff thus far. I am not too aware of Keilberth's conducting but he worked with two of the finest post-war Wagnerian sopranos who are present in this, Martha Mödl and Astrid Varnay.

A fiver on Amazon currently! Classic recordings of the entire Ring Cycle and all for the price of a couple of pints at 'Spoons!

I picked up the recently surfaced bootleg of The Who live at Celtic Park in 1976.

Roger's voice was in unbelievable form.