GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Look at the utter shit that Guns N' Roses are going to be playing with at the festival (except for ice cube). Music has gone down the drain..thank god or whoever for gnr.

Have you heard every artist on there? Some of them are actually quite good. Courtney Barnett, BADBADNOTGOOD, Gary Clark Jr., Run The Jewels, etc. Not even close to being "utter shit" at all. Not even when compared to GNR.

I've listened to most of them. They are certainly not in the Stones/Zeppelin league of which GNR are a part of.

Im surprised how tempered the reaction is here. I know we've sort of known it...but Slash and Axl back together? Thats huge.

As usual its the way they did it.

Confirming Coachella. Ok, thats nice, which kind of means Slash, but it didn't say that.

Wait 20 minutes, THEN Slash confirms. So its like by that point, the luster has worn off. Its not that we're not excited, but it was confirmed in the stupidest drips and drabs.

But yeah, this is fucking incredible.

Im surprised how tempered the reaction is here. I know we've sort of known it...but Slash and Axl back together? Thats huge.

We've known for weeks if not months. So yeah,it's awesome but Coachella has been rumored for months. I think the confirmation of who is in the band will be the next big announcement along with US stadium tour dates.

http://imgur.com/pNN6HO3

IT'S CONFFIRMEDFOLKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(I'm probably going to get banned for this but..)

F*CK YEAH!!!! :headbang:

Why would you get banned?

Didn't you know? You're not allowed to say the F word on here.

• Like 1

Glad they finally confirmed it. Now we know GNR will be touring to some extent with at the very least axl, slash and duff.

On the disappointing side, still no official confirmation or statement as to who is in the band.I will gurandamntee you though that we will know the lineup soon. Now that this is out we'll have to get clarification as to what the band will be soon. Personally I'm hoping for clarification tomorrow

Not necessarily. In 2006 we didn't have the slightest inkling of who would be in the band. The fact that they made of a point of not saying who was in the band drove reunion rumors through the roof. The first time we got any word on the lineup was when Axl was on Eddie Trunk and he simply said "The lineup will be similar to 2002" - that was a week before the first Hammerstein show.

This is true but, now that slash has shared this, I think it's going to be too big to deny. At some point someone's gonna have to talk unless these guys all stay underground until April, just saying I've got a feeling we'll know something sooner than April.

As usual its the way they did it.

Confirming Coachella. Ok, thats nice, which kind of means Slash, but it didn't say that.

Wait 20 minutes, THEN Slash confirms. So its like by that point, the luster has worn off. Its not that we're not excited, but it was confirmed in the stupidest drips and drabs.

But yeah, this is fucking incredible.

I can't argue that, this whole night was a prime example of how not to make an announcement. But anyway, Slash and Axl :headbang:

Could be one of those deals where we have to wait til the day of the show to see who is this in the band. Seems like Axl's forte. All signs point to Axl, Slash, Duff, Reed, fortus, Frank, Pitman and maybe another Guitar play (izzy would be icing on the cake), Kushner's name was floated around somewhere.

:no:

Look at the utter shit that Guns N' Roses are going to be playing with at the festival (except for ice cube). Music has gone down the drain..thank god or whoever for gnr.

Have you heard every artist on there? Some of them are actually quite good. Courtney Barnett, BADBADNOTGOOD, Gary Clark Jr., Run The Jewels, etc. Not even close to being "utter shit" at all. Not even when compared to GNR.

The average 35-45 year old GNR fan could give a fuck about those bands. The lineup is geared towards young folk.

some of those bands are probably good... but for us old rusty guns.... :no:

KROQ and Goldenvoice are proud to present Coachella 2016!

Once again this year’s festival will be taking place two weekends in April, the 15th-17th and 22nd-24th, at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. The lineup includes the previously-speculated reunion of Guns N’ Roses with original members Axl Rose, Slash, and bassist Duff McKagan, as well as the return of LCD Soundsystem. Other notable KROQ artists on the bill include Of Monsters And Men, Foals, Halsey, James Bay, Rancid, M83, and more. Dance music will be represented by power houses like Calvin Harris, Jack Ü, Disclosure, and Major Lazer.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 11am via Coachella.com.

Source