Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

20 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

*rimshot*

I see what you did there...

Was a bit of a joke but really I don't understand why so many people hate Myles. If he wasn't good he wouldn't have been picked by Mark Tremonti, Led Zeppelin and Slash. Axl can only dream to have clean vocals like Myles (as can Myles only dream Axl's rasp and power in high notes)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Was a bit of a joke but really I don't understand why so many people hate Myles. If he wasn't good he wouldn't have been picked by Mark Tremonti, Led Zeppelin and Slash. Axl can only dream to have clean vocals like Myles (as can Myles only dream Axl's rasp and power in high notes)

Totally agree with you! Wayward One is a killer song (even better with Mark's solo). Also, I think Myles did a hell of a job on the Max Sessions with Slash.

His voice can be beautiful at times, like in this song: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Myles is obviously a great singer, but I personally don't like his voice and way of singing much. It's just not my cup of tea, so if Slash goes back to that band I won't pay much attention - if any at all.

That's a reasonable opinion of course but there are so many MYLES SUCKS posts on this forum and I just don't get those. 

Just now, janrichmond said:

I love Myles's voice and most importantly so does Slash

In many bands, its not necessary to love all the songs, when it comes to singing Myles does a great job, I don't get why he gets so much hate. I enjoyed him live. 

I would choose Brent Snape Fitz any day over Frank Ferrer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

In many bands, its not necessary to love all the songs, when it comes to singing Myles does a great job, I don't get why he gets so much hate. I enjoyed him live. 

I would choose Brent Snape Fitz any day over Frank Ferrer. 

He's so inoffensive, I don't get it either. He has nothing to do with Guns, but I think some fans see him as Axl's competition. :facepalm: :lol:

Really though, either GNR creates new music or they don't. Myles and the Conspirators have no bearing on that.

• Like 3

Lock N' Load the best Daisies song? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Couldn hold my laught here. Good song, but not even CLOSE to be their best. I doubt people here have actually listened to their albuns and not just Lock N' Load just because Slash did it. 

Lets not forget Dizzy's take on stuff like Something I said, a song that could be on Illusions anytime. 

Edited by default_

It's the old "it's subjective" argument. Some people like his voice, I can't fuckin stand to listen to it. Which is very frustrating for me, because Slash is my favorite guitarist, and I can't stand to listen to his songs with Myles on them.

For me, it has absolutely nothing to do with jealousy about Myles vs Axl. Simply he hurts my fuckin ears.

I wish Slash would do the guest vocalist thing again. Get Ozzy, Baz, Robert Plant maybe, maybe a country blues tune with Chris Stapleton. Almost anyone but Myles. 

Axl has said he wants this GN'R lineup to be a long term thing, and reports say that Axl/Slash/Duff have worked well together and have extended the tour with some shows here and there because they enjoy it. I don't think there's much to worry about. GN'R will be done with this tour by next year, and Myles says SMTC will probably reform as early as then to 18 months away. There's still enough time to get them together and release a record, especially since they are enjoying it.

Hello everyone, newbie here and I hope it's ok to join this discussion. What I took from the interview with Axl was that there will be a new album. As Axl said, he presented some material to Slash and Duff and they both liked it so looking favorable right now. As for Slash and Duff, Axl did say they will remain busy doing their own thing while he is filling in for AC/DC's singer. We may be waiting a while for the album but eventually it will come. When recently asked, Fernando reportedly stated there is no end date to this tour as of yet so I have no idea how Axl will be pulling double duty and recording a new album.:headbang:

Edited by Ubukitty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ubukitty said:

Hello everyone, newbie here and I hope it's ok to join this discussion. What I took from the interview with Axl was that there will be a new album. As he said, he presented some material to Slash and Duff and they both liked it so looking favorable right now. As for Slash and Duff, Axl did say they will remain busy doing their own thing while he is filling in for AC/DC's singer. We may be waiting a while for the album but eventually it will come. When recently asked, Fernando stated there is no end date to this tour as of yet so I have no idea how Axl will be pulling double duty and recording a new album.:headbang:

Hi there. Welcome to the forum.

Yet if you took a recent recording of Myles and Axl and gave it to any voice coach, they'd say that Myles is far better. I'm not saying you have to like him but he is technically a very good singer. Personally I can take him or leave him; my main criticism is he is a bit bland.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yet if you took a recent recording of Myles and Axl and gave it to any voice coach, they'd say that Myles is far better. I'm not saying you have to like him but he is technically a very good singer. Personally I can take him or leave him; my main criticism is he is a bit bland.

Yes technically very good, seriously lacking in charisma though as you say which sorts out the men from the boys when it comes down to it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl is technically a great singer as well. His technique as a singer, the control and things he can do vocally are impressive. But he doesn't sing without a reason, it's probably either performing or recording.

Not really in shape like others and his style of singing is very demanding. Rasp is not healthy for the vocal chords. And he's older compared to Myles, but even Duff said that technically Axl was one of the best or something like that vocally and I agree.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

Axl is technically a great singer as well. His technique as a singer, the control and things he can do vocally are impressive. But he doesn't sing without a reason, it's probably either performing or recording.

Not really in shape like others and his style of singing is very demanding. Rasp is not healthy for the vocal chords.

Right now? for AC/DC? I'd perhaps agree. Not so for Guns where he squeaks a lot and is frequently out of puff.

• Like 1

And therein lies Axl's excuse for not setting foot inside a recording studio once the tour is done.

GNR will finish touring in 2017, Slash will spend 2018/19 recording/touring with Myles and then GNR will announce another greatest hits tour in 2020. Axl will be asked in an interview in 2020 about a new Guns album and he will say something like "after this tour, it is our main priority" and gulliable fans will be placated all over again.

Edited by Towelie

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

Not really in shape like others and his style of singing is very demanding. Rasp is not healthy for the vocal chords. And he's older compared to Myles, but even Duff said that technically Axl was one of the best or something like that vocally and I agree.

I totally agree. He is one of the best singers out there. I think that statement has been repeated by many singers including Kid Rock. His vocal range is amazing and Axl himself when asked about it stated that he has an amazing voice coach. Forgot the guys name though.