Interview on June 11 **Never mind, it's just Dizzy saying the same things as always**

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I dunno. I think this is one of those things where it looks much different to us die hards than everyone else. Every "regular person" (i.e. not us who sit on the forums all the time lol) I've talked to who's seen NITL goes on about how amazing the show was and how it was the best show they've ever seen, etc etc. 

Philly 2016 was the best show I ever saw. 

Axl sounded really good that night,  the band was super tight,  they played a great set (like it or not if you aren't going to 20 shows or uhh following them on the Internet I guess it is a great set),  and there was just a magic in the air.   The crowd was intense,  it was sold out.  When songs like Jungle were being played you could hear all 35k people singing along.   Man that was a special night. 

1 hour ago, Axlr0s37 said:

So what do we know about the interview? Reading through this thread I learnt that Izzy is in the mix then he isn't and the interview will be anyone but Axl, when will it be shown? 

We still don't know much but Mitch posted a pretty big hint that it'll be Slash, so based on that my guess was this:

My guess is Slash will say-

The tour is going great.
He loves playing the old songs and newer songs.
Everyone is getting along great.
Everyone supports each other.
The fans have been great.
Then he'll promote his forthcoming solo album.
The end.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tremolo said:

The recent NIN stuff is amazing and way superior to any of the later releases since The Fragile. It’s been loved by fans and critics. The last 3 releases (Not the Actual Events, Add Violence, and Bad Witch) work together as a whole, with a very intriguing concept behind that has had fans speculating for almost a year and a half. They’re by no means standard predictable rock albums.

Robin is fine in NIN and we love him right there.

hard to say really, as I consider The Fragile the best ever NIN album. I know, it's weird and not very appreciated generally, but I love it. also TDS is good, and PHM with Richard Patrick is great. after the Fragile, there's not much to see - probably AATCHB is super great stuff.

next was With Teeth which I like, but it lacks something, hard to say what. it added Aaron North which was a weirdo for me, especially considering he replaced Robin. but later I came to appreciate him, especially considering his sad course of life. watching the bootlegs I started to appreciate him - not in the same way as Robin, but in an unique way. I got a recent very personal experience with a very close one possessed by mental illness, so I started to see Aaron and also Trent (during The Fragile and before) a different way. a great interview with the lost man here: https://www.spin.com/2013/09/aaron-north-nine-inch-nails-icarus-line/

about bootlegs, yeah we're quite a lot off-topic, but whoever still doesn't know the sites:

http://ninlive.com/exclusives/prorecordings.html

http://ninlive.com/navbar/archives.html

I had a link for more NIN bootlegs somewhere, but I lost it, damn.

edit: here it is, at The Wayback Machine https://web.archive.org/web/20160329225728/http://seven1963.org/NIN.htm (at the bottom page, there are bootlegs - at the pages themselves you have to do some fiddling with the mediafire links, but they work)

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We still don't know much but Mitch posted a pretty big hint that it'll be Slash, so based on that my guess was this:

The tour is going great.
The end.

Maybe he will drop his first single from that album, would make sense and WOF dropped in the summer before the album came out aswell.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Maybe Slash will do a wrestling-like turn and after a new SMKC single is played he completely buries the new album by saying "Fuck that shit, play the NEW GNR single we recorded last week"

Heel Slash would be awesome. Lol.

Wouldn't that make him a babyface though? :lol: In this forum at least he would be. Not to the SMKC fans though lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Wouldn't that make him a babyface though? :lol: In this forum at least he would be. Not to the SMKC fans though lol 

Nah, Axl and Duff are heels too. Remember how they turned on Steven and Izzy?

SLASH IS THE THIRD MAN! :D

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, zombux said:

I can see NITL as destruction of the legacy (well, the Ashba era was it already - the last year anything creative happened was probably 2008) - just a money grab with zero creative input whatsoever, but that's probably just my own perception.

Gnr went from being a vegas act to be the top touring artist of the year, slash/duff are saving whatever little  was there to save.  Creativity wise they still need time i think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The tour is going great.
The end.

This.

BUT it would be great to hear his thoughts on whats next after this touring ends (new music)... and if Mitch hasn't asked that question then he was either held over a barrel or he just doesn't want to rock the boat for any other future interviews within the camp.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Sad 1

Well, Alan Niven being in the show means chances are so low to see/listen to any existing band member. Most probably it's Steven, Matt, Tommy Stinson etc.

If it's a current member then he would be Dizzy or Frank.

Gonna be a half ass interview for sure.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Well, Alan Niven being in the show means chances are so low to see/listen to any existing band member. Most probably it's Steven, Matt, Tommy Stinson etc.

If it's a current member then he would be Dizzy or Frank.

Gonna be a half ass interview for sure.

He co-hosts the show on June 11th. Not the interview. That was done already

10 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

yea so it's not the big 3 for sure. best case scenario is Dizzy or Frank.

Ill be surprised if its not Slash. Like I have said before Slash and Alan are friends.

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 3