Appetite for Destruction - Isolated Vocals/Bass/Drums: 5.1 Mix Center Channel

Fucccckkk.. This just proves how amazing Slash is... imagine at 19? coming up with those kinds of solos. Listening to SCOM and hearing things for the first time (I'm a guitar player). WOW

He is also barely using any distortion and hitting those legato notes perfectly... #heaven. lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, downliner said:

Any chance you could post the isolated Izzy guitar too? No idea how you rip these, very cool though thanks :headbang:

Oh man I just want the whole album of straight solo Izzy.

• Like 1

there's nothing like "Izzy channel" or "Steven channel". there's only (for example) Front Right channel, Front Left channel and so on. all depends on how the mixing guy mixed the thing together. there's a big difference between AFD tracks and the bonus tracks, as each of the mixing guys prefers mixing stuff differently.

10 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I really wish they would really an entirely dry mix of the album with all the reverb taken out.

I was REALLY hoping for that too. Pearl Jam did something like that with one of the Ten reissues. It was a double LP where one was the original mix and the other LP was a new, almost completely dry mix. I hope something like that happens with AFD someday.

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

What is the appeal of a completely dry mix? Doesn't sound like something I'd want to listen to tbh, it's cool in stuff like this to check out but on an actual album I don't see why you'd do it. 

The reverb dates an otherwise timeless album.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

What is the appeal of a completely dry mix? Doesn't sound like something I'd want to listen to tbh, it's cool in stuff like this to check out but on an actual album I don't see why you'd do it. 

There's reverb in other channels

27 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

The reverb dates an otherwise timeless album.

I don't really see it that way at all haha. Maybe mixed differently but totally dry doesn't make for good listening. 

23 minutes ago, uruguns said:

There's reverb in other channels

I know, i don't see what that has to do with what I said haha. 

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I don't really see it that way at all haha. Maybe mixed differently but totally dry doesn't make for good listening. 

That's why I was hoping for something like Pearl Jam did. It makes everyone happy. You got the one you grew up with and a new, dry mix to listen to as well. 

• Like 1