A list of all missing YouTube content/channels (fb groups now being attacked as well)

13 hours ago, downzy said:

Why would a statement from TB clarify the issue?  The small portion of people this issue has affected would likely disbelieve whatever they have to say on the matter anyway.

It's not as simple as you and many believe it to be.  There are a lot of factors at play that I don't many are considering.  The moment GNR comments, in any way, on the issue, it becomes a much bigger story than it is now.  Right now it's contained to a few fan forums, facebook groups, and click-bait "news" sites.  That changes if GNR were to address it.  The calculation might be it's not worth the added attention to the issue while they work to resolve it.

Keep in mind that if you believe there is no connection between GNR, TB and the nitwits who are behind the takedowns (again, for the record, I don't believe there are), then GNR is a victim as well.  As such, they're entitled to respond in whatever way protects their interests.  Does that work for fans or people who engaged with the band through YouTube?  Obviously not.  But like anything, it all boils down to opportunity costs.  

Finally, it may not be prudent for GNR to comment without having a firm idea of what the actual situation was and the extent of the damage.  Perhaps some of the takedowns were at their behest while others were not.  It wouldn't make much sense to disown (or own) what happened if they have no idea what was actually taken down and who was responsible for it.  It takes time to survey what happened.  Moreover, if civil or criminal actions are being pursued, it would make zero sense to comment on the matter until those efforts are underway.  Why risk or undermine legal efforts for the sake of dousing what is now a small PR issue?

GNR has always been an organization that doesn't clean their laundry out in public.  It's just not who they are.  So you're within your right to believe what you want considering they refuse to address whatever issue is causing frustration for them or the fanbase.  It's too bad that this is the preferred approach but it's been this way for as long as I can remember (and I've been a fan for almost 30 years).  

I'll finish with this: it just incomprehensible for me that a business like GNR that does hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue over the past couple of years would provide explicit or tacit approval to some burnout 20-something degenerate who has a history of trading in unreleased materials and making public threats as their go-to person with respect to enforcing copyright on their behalf.  That's absurd, no matter how low of an opinion one has of GNR or its management.  

Excellent points here ^^ 

Hopefully, at some point, we will either hear from management or see some sort of action taken to put a stop to these fraudulent actions by these people. 😏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

i guess when "dipshits" open and or run unofficial pages and cause problems then facebook will delete any unofficial page even if it is being run with the blessing of band members. as they simply dont check. the reckless actions of one groups fans can have a ripple effect across pages of all types of bands of all genres as facebook dont need the hassle. deleting a page is easier than spending weeks/months on legal costs finding out if the "legal threat" came from a legal team or some deranged loner in his bedroom. 

• Like 1

So is this stuff getting put back up, because Indiana 91, The Ritz, Sound Machine 1986, TWAT/Prostitute performances from 2014, tons of full shows from NITLT, Paris 1992 and a lot more that have been up for years are easily found on Youtube still

18 hours ago, Stro said:

So is this stuff getting put back up, because Indiana 91, The Ritz, Sound Machine 1986, TWAT/Prostitute performances from 2014, tons of full shows from NITLT, Paris 1992 and a lot more that have been up for years are easily found on Youtube still

I don't know all the details but I *think* some people have been trying to re-upload some things here and there. 

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't know all the details but I *think* some people have been trying to re-upload some things here and there. 

Thats the weird thing about it, because not every single channel with gnr stuff on it is removed. There are still plenty of gnr clips to be found. Another reason to believe the usual suspects are behind it removing mostly mygnr visitors and links being posted on here

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Thats the weird thing about it, because not every single channel with gnr stuff on it is removed. There are still plenty of gnr clips to be found. Another reason to believe the usual suspects are behind it removing mostly mygnr visitors and links being posted on here

It’s absolutely crushing your YouTube page is down. Whatever was on your page, Gn’R management should help get it reinstated!  

That page did a lot with regard to immortalizing this band. 

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-4tJ38ICrD04emW1T_pQA

One guy on YT uploaded like almost the complete Gelsenkirchen show (up to Nightrain), I so enjoyed seeing the show again. Now all the videos (filmed by him) I had in my "list of videos I liked" have been deleted :(. And on the other hand, just like posted before, I still can find videos of that show. So if that is a copyright matter, why does it apply only to some?

And a little OT, but regarding YT I have a question: Is there still a way to get a message to a user (like PM) without displaying it in public?

Edited by millionflies
added question

7 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

I noticed that too...I was afraid all the YT clips of the show I saw in 2017 were pulled and they weren't thank goodness. Those nutjobs are definitely picking and choosing whose channels they are making go away. :fuckyou:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Youtube is going to end up like eBay. All the user generated content will become harder to find and follow as only official channels (business/media owned) get promoted.

I tried searching something the other day, I was looking for ordinary commentary style videos but all it threw up was Fox/CNN type official channels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Youtube is going to end up like eBay. All the user generated content will become harder to find and follow as only official channels (business/media owned) get promoted.

I tried searching something the other day, I was looking for ordinary commentary style videos but all it threw up was Fox/CNN type official channels.

I feel like it'll backfire on them eventually. The one thing that makes people not want to use a service/product is forcing them to use it. Someone will eventually get sick of the offical stuff and just make a new YouTube and people will flock to that instead. Not likely to happen anytime soon but the path YT is going down isn't sustainable in the long term 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 1:20 PM, FRANSAD said:

Your channel was my favorite, along with @Gibbo's. Really miss them.

• Like 3