Slash interview Classic Rock magazine

24 minutes ago, default_ said:

Slash himself said it, what else? 

:lol:

Shit isn't necessarily a bad thing. It makes the plants grow, you know? ;) 

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This doesn't get me all that excited to be honest. It's still more or less the same thing Fortus has been saying since 2002

I'm very cautious about this.. but I still think that Slash saying that they have material, is a bit different than Fortus saying that he's excited about a possibility of new music.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

I really hope that I'm wrong but i don't think this tells us anything we don't already know. Musical and personality differences tore GnR apart. I know it's been 25 years and everyone is older, wiser and sober but I still think they're the same people. Now, I really hope I'm completely wrong and there's going to be a new GnR album 🎉

• Like 1

They wouldn’t even have to write much material for an album if Axl really does have that much from the vault. Pick five or six of those songs to rework and record with the current line-up, and then write and record five or six more. Help clear the vault plus give us some fresh material.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This doesn't get me all that excited to be honest. It's still more or less the same thing Fortus has been saying since 2002

Well for me, it gets me a little excited. It at least shows Slash is interested in recording his parts on the music Axl has done.  But with that being said, it still has to happen.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Shit isn't necessarily a bad thing. It makes the plants grow, you know? ;) 

I'm very cautious about this.. but I still think that Slash saying that they have material, is a bit different than Fortus saying that he's excited about a possibility of new music.

Agreed...Slash knows what to say and what not to...
Him saying this, as much as I love Richard, means a lot more! Because Slash would be a principle participant in tracks being written and riffs being created, as lead guitarist.
Also, this puts to bed, that there's no such thing as a vault of tons of left over CD stuff...Slash wasn't even there at the time, so he's obviously heard a bunch of it
Chinese exchange Axl "I've played a lot to Slash and Duff and they showed interest" (not verbatim) this sides with all the years of interviews with people that have claimed there's a lot of music

unheard. I had NO doubts there's endless riffs and song structures in the vault, I'd be VERY interested to see how many have "finished" Axl vocals on them...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

already believed richard when he said axl had maybe 4 albums of material. there is no shortage of that or willing musical partners in slash and duff. I believe they can do a strong album musically with what they have plus slash and richard working together but axl is the one who has to pull the trigger and they're not in that mode yet.

but he sounds excited about a possible guns album at least. i'm sure he would love to give it a try and that's cool cause at least he gets along with axl so it's on the table.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

To me, what makes this new is the verbage Slash uses here:

2 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

“I mean, Axl’s got a ton of shit that he got recorded already, so we’re just going to get in there and just start getting into that thing, and then if we do a record and then do a tour, I could see that cycle going on endlessly.” (this quote is on the page with the picture of Slash and Lemmy)

"We're going to" is something we haven't heard before, at least from what I can recall. He is stating a specific intention to start working on music, particularly ideas Axl already has (although I don't think that necessarily means they would never work on something totally new). 

And Slash's quote about "it's not been announced so there's nothing official" -- to me that sounds like the band trying to avoid what happened with CD. If they announce right now that they are definitively working on new music, the internet blows up and everyone has massive expectations and gets impatient. If I were them, I would wait until it's all finished and then announce a new record and release date plus tour. 

• Like 3