Jump to content
DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Edward Nigma said:

Could Guns pull an 'Eminem' and release a surprise album to Itunes, Spotify etc?

It depends, do you think TB is savy enough to think of that? :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

...and even the clone doesn't want to release music.

The clone was so someone could watch his animals not music 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I still think Axl cloned himself...

He must have cloned himself in 2010 and it was that clone that he sent out on the AC/DC tour.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, James Bond said:

He must have cloned himself in 2010 and it was that clone that he sent out on the AC/DC tour.

Yea that’s why the reunion worked so well. Axl sent his clone to deal with Slash and went and had fun as real Axl with ACDC. 

Axl seemed to know exactly how much it cost to clone things in that first ACDC interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he first cloned himself in around 2001/2002, but that prototype didn't really work that well, so he kept trying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The massive success of Appetite for Destruction is kind of unfortunate in a way. If it had just gone gold or maybe even platinum - basically enough to keep them going/signed but not make them superstars , it would have been much better for the band long term. The original (and best) lineup would have stayed together longer and we'd have a lot more music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jamillos said:

I think he first cloned himself in around 2001/2002, but that prototype didn't really work that well, so he kept trying. 

Indeed. Not the best idea.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Ummmm...MY WORLD?

Nah, mate, not even close. It needs to be at least twice as long to be a serious contender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brad_k said:

Anyone think IRS will ever get played again, it's been 8 years since it last got played

I hope it will. I like it and it's not a ballady thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brad_k said:

Anyone think IRS will ever get played again, it's been 8 years since it last got played

I'm surprised and disappointed that it hasn't, it's the CD song that sounds the most like classic Guns. I'd love to hear how it sounds with Slash n Duff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bigpoop said:

The massive success of Appetite for Destruction is kind of unfortunate in a way. If it had just gone gold or maybe even platinum - basically enough to keep them going/signed but not make them superstars , it would have been much better for the band long term. The original (and best) lineup would have stayed together longer and we'd have a lot more music.

Without the success it might have fallen apart straight away? 

I think Niven was always thinking of replacing Axl. He might have just taken Izzy solo if AFD bombed. 

On 02/09/2018 at 4:31 AM, gnfnrs1972 said:

My world is the best rap song on Use Your Illusions.

Shotgun Blues is the song with the most legitimate beef. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, Uncle Bob said:

I think Gn'R should work with James Cameron and release a new song with the new Terminator 3

All girl Terminator with a song featuring Melissa fuckin' Reese.  I like this.

 

2 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Mega threads like this kill forums. 

I think they do less damage than people making new "Your thoughts on..." when the exact same question has been asked over a dozen times in the past 10 years. 

"Do you like Madagascar?" -2006 x12 threads

"How do you Feel About Madagascar?" 2008 x23 threads

"What is your opinion on Madagascar?" 2010 x7 threads

"Madagascar appreciation thread." 2012 x11 threads

"IS Madagascar your favorite Guns song?" 2014 x3 threads

"Is Madagascar an Epic?" 2016 x2 threads

"What are your thoughts on Madagascar?" 2018 x__ threads.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been listening to paradise city since 1987 and only noticed a couple of weeks ago the deep low voice on the intro when singing take me down to paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty oh won't you please take me home. Its funny to find something new in the song for me after 31 years of listening to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I've been listening to paradise city since 1987 and only noticed a couple of weeks ago the deep low voice on the intro when singing take me down to paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty oh won't you please take me home. Its funny to find something new in the song for me after 31 years of listening to it.

One of my weird GnR moments was like maybe 10 years ago or so, on the radio they asked "What was the only song on AFD that used a synthesizer?" It was to win some station SWAG.  I could sing that entire album, from beginning to end and not miss one word, and I completely was blank on what song has a synthesizer.  It's so obvious when you listen to PC, and I'll never forget that it has synth, but to think I'd been listening for 20 years at that time and it never stood out to me?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone of you guys noticed that magical moment in the Saskatoon 93 video during KOHD? It’s during the sing-along part: Axl stands sideways in front of Slash, who is sitting on the sofa; Slash keeps spitting on the floor, while Axl is standing there without movement. Slash keeps smiling, but then he spits once more to a distance which is in Axl’s line of sight: at that moment, Axl starts laughing and Slash bursts into laughing as well, covering his face.

This small fucking gem is absolutely lovely, you can see the chemistry etc. Next time some smartass tells you they hated each other completely during that part of the tour, show them this moment. Priceless.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×