New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I would love a Blu Ray that shows the best performance of the songs throughout the tour.  I think it would also be cool to show some footage of them entering the cities and really showcase some of the hysteria and joy that the "reunion" brought to fans around the world. 

• Like 2

I like the idea of a documentary, but not really interested on a live album/movie cause we've been following the tour since day one and probably watched every concert or at least bits of it on YouTube.

Dont really care about watching em again professionally filmed. 

• Like 1

I think it's difficult for us to predict what will happen, if anything, what will be done is probably going to be based on what will get the most attraction from the most people; they cant just cater to us, not just to casual fans, not to only music critics. I know they should be extremely loyal to us, but US, the Guns N' Roses fan base, in their minds at least, doesn't just make up the people on the forum unfortunately. If they thought that we knew what was best, not saying they think were stupid, they'd already release a blu-ray of every concert from '86-'93 that was professionally recorded. I'm not feeling too cynical, but i think they're either going to do something for the sake of musicianship, which is what this T-Rex cover rumor sounds like (a tribute album that might not gain too much attention) or they're just going to do what would sell the most records, either a new album or live album. I mean millions have just seen them on tour, in their minds i'm sure they think people want a musical memento.   

A live album would be a bit of a disappointment to me.

Feel like there's very few surprises left to be had with this tour.

Of course i would buy it though! That is what they've unfortunately got over all of us.

Most of us would buy it whether we are disappointed or not.

Having said that - more cover songs would be even more disappointing!

17 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Just more dates. New tour I guess to do with the announcement in January. Who knows what to believe at this stage

I hope that this will not be the case. They should take a break and then come back in 2021/2022.

• Like 1

I hope it's not a live album, simply because with the first Live Era, that would mean we have mickey and the NITL album (maybe 6 or 7 good tracks amongst 30) and we have rerecorded shit that ruins all the killer UYI and Appetite tour tracks on live era. Guns N' Roses would have the worst live catalog of any major band ever.. besides maybe Pink Floyd.. that can't be their live legacy!