New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

2 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

Mitch just commented on his previous tweet about the children of the revolution cover

I can't understand what Mitch is trying to say with that reply to his own comment...

Anyhow; let's summarize all the new rumors thus far:

-Live album (maybe with studio version of Wichita as a bonus track)

-New T-Rex cover for tribute album

-Axl and Slash making a guest appearance on a song for the next Alice Cooper album

-GH2

-Full covers album

-CD2 (aka the holy grail and least-likely of these possibilities)

did I miss anything?

Edited by rocknroll41

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So let's summarize all the new rumors thus far:

-Live album (maybe with studio version of Wichita as a bonus track)

-New T-Rex cover for tribute album (possibly with Ringo's son on drums)

-Axl and Slash making a guest appearance on a song for the next Alice Cooper album

-GH2

-Full covers album

-CD2 (aka the holy grail and least-likely of these possibilities)

did I miss anything?

That's what I'm aware of too. I'm not sure if GH2 would still be rumored to have Atlas and The General with Slash and Duff added? I think that was the pre-tour rumor iirc.

I dont understand the 'Ringos son' part of that rumour. Why not Ringo himself, since he played on a version of the track back in the day? I think it may be simply that since Ringo played on it, then 'hey what if his son played on this?!?!' kind of wishful speculation?

Edited by soon

1 minute ago, soon said:

That's what I'm aware of too. I'm not sure if GH2 would still be rumored to have Atlas and The General with Slash and Duff added? I think that was the pre-tour rumor iirc.

Yeah that was a pre-tour rumor that was floating around in late 2015. My guess is that it was either completely false or was scrapped by the band in favor of AFD Super Deluxe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

HIStory was a great album!!

I don't care what anyone says, HIStory and Invincible are my favourite MJ albums. I would even put Invincible in my top 10. Slash's features were highlights of both, also.

57 minutes ago, tony adler said:

Please quit shoehorning Michael Jackson into every gnr convo, we get it , you’re a big fan of his, he didn’t even play a G. D. Instrument, and he’s not even in the same genre as gnr 🙄

I don't see anyone shoehorning MJ into any discussion, much less every one. And he did play instruments: he's played piano, guitars, drums and provided orchestral arrangements on his recordings (as if it would matter if it didn't). Believe it or not he even played guitar with Slash on Morphine (along with the other mentioned instruments).

• Like 3

Forgive me but has this from Evo been discussed? The guy seems legit, also claims to have Jackie and Atlas and says maybe something by the holidays/January

"Oh and btw, 
Everyone in the band wants to do an album. 
Slash pasted his tracks on a bunch of CD leftovers that were going to be on GH2.
Ringo Starr's son is on The Children of The Revolution GNR cover.
AC/DC wanted to do an album with Axl but this Back In Black lineup reunion came to the studio.
Axl DC may be still a thing though. Brian can't do a full set.
Shadow is new."

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Forgive me but has this from Evo been discussed? The guy seems legit, also claims to have Jackie and Atlas and says maybe something by the holidays/January

"Oh and btw, 
Everyone in the band wants to do an album. 
Slash pasted his tracks on a bunch of CD leftovers that were going to be on GH2.
Ringo Starr's son is on The Children of The Revolution GNR cover.
AC/DC wanted to do an album with Axl but this Back In Black lineup reunion came to the studio.
Axl DC may be still a thing though. Brian can't do a full set.
Shadow is new."

yes there's a thread already ;)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Creed said:

Riff Raff is the only cover NuAxl did right.

By NuAxl you mean Axl when he played with the Slashless GNR? Nah, they covered many more songs than just Riff Raff. NuGNR covered the Seeker and I Feel Good before this new lineup did. They also did the Sailing cover, Gran Torino and Don't Let It Bring You Down. Also Sway, Light My Fire, Liquor & Whores, Another Brick in the Wall, some instrumentals and covers sung by Tommy. And obviously they covered plenty of songs that GNR had already covered with earlier lineups like Dead Flowers, Marseilles, Down On The Farm, Nice Boys etc... I'm probably forgetting something, but yeah, Riff Raff definitely wasn't the only song  that they covered.

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

By NuAxl you mean Axl when he played with the Slashless GNR? Nah, they covered many more songs than just Riff Raff. NuGNR covered the Seeker and I Feel Good before this new lineup did. They also did the Sailing cover, Gran Torino and Don't Let It Bring You Down. Also Sway, Light My Fire, Liquor & Whores, Another Brick in the Wall, some instrumentals and covers sung by Tommy. And obviously they covered plenty of songs that GNR had already covered with earlier lineups like Dead Flowers, Marseilles, Down On The Farm, Nice Boys etc... I'm probably forgetting something, but yeah, Riff Raff definitely wasn't the only song  that they covered.

Lol 

The only song they did right =/= The only song they did, right?

• Haha 1