New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Was that ever confirmed to be real? It's a cool track, but it doesn't sound like it would be Guns. It doesn't even sound as if it's the same source as the other drum machine demos.

I thought the title was real, but that instrumental that's been floating around for years was fake. I think Slash mentioned the title in an interview but I could be mistaken.

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's not true that the reunion line-ups of bands aren't capable of releasing new songs. The best example for that is actually L. A. Guns. They released one studio album and one live album since 2016.

To further this point, Maiden has released 5 studio records (one of which was a double) since they reunited. I see nothing stopping GNR from making a cool album with leftovers from AFD/UYI/Lost Album/CD/CD2 with some new songs and covers thrown in. Plus it isn't like GNR needs a record deal, slash has his own label after all. And they really don't have to be together to record in this day and age 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

It's totally doable for the band to gather a compilation of 95/96 and CD2 material, with maybe one proper new song, and polish it up for a 2019 album. Who's to say one wasn't already prepared in secret? Most of the hard work is already done.

a 2019 release of a full Guns record is not doable.

2 hours ago, The Dissident said:

To further this point, Maiden has released 5 studio records (one of which was a double) since they reunited. I see nothing stopping GNR from making a cool album with leftovers from AFD/UYI/Lost Album/CD/CD2 with some new songs and covers thrown in. Plus it isn't like GNR needs a record deal, slash has his own label after all. And they really don't have to be together to record in this day and age 

Quality always trumps quantity. Im a huge maiden fan but thought everything from a matter of life and death has been completely boring, the book of souls more so. Steve harris needs to drop the long prog songs which seems to be alienating alot of fans, and get back to the way the earlier stuff was written on those early albums.  3-4 minute songs one 10min one and keep the album nice and short. Agree with your post, but i think especially with SKMC he likes the band chemistry when everyones in the studio together.

Personally I prefer Maiden's long epic tracks post reunion to their shorter ones so for me TBOS is a solid album, TFF I agree isn't amazing. I still stand by the fact that reunited bands can put out solid albums which ultimately is what we want. GNR hopefully will want something that makes fans be happy that if they only do 1 more album that the album they get is one which they can enjoy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Quality always trumps quantity. Im a huge maiden fan but thought everything from a matter of life and death has been completely boring, the book of souls more so. Steve harris needs to drop the long prog songs which seems to be alienating alot of fans, and get back to the way the earlier stuff was written on those early albums.  3-4 minute songs one 10min one and keep the album nice and short. Agree with your post, but i think especially with SKMC he likes the band chemistry when everyones in the studio together.

Who's alienated? A vast majority of people like their post-2000 output. I very rarely see comments that the last 5 albums aren't up to Maiden's standard. I personally think it's their most consistent era, I love everything that's been put out since Brave New World. On the topic of song lengths, I'd rather have everything come naturally rather than have them write x number of short songs just for the sake of writing short songs, and x number of long songs for the sake of writing long songs. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maiden didn't approach their reunion like a nostalgia fest. As I recall they went straight into the studio.

Basically, yeah. They did a short tour in 1999 after Bruce and Adrian rejoined. Only about 20 dates in North America and about 10 in Europe, where they let the fans vote on the setlist for the tour. That ran from July to October, and I think they went into the studio around December, with Brave New World getting released in May. 10 months from first “reunion” gig to album release date. 

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Basically, yeah. They did a short tour in 1999 after Bruce and Adrian rejoined. Only about 20 dates in North America and about 10 in Europe, where they let the fans vote on the setlist for the tour. That ran from July to October, and I think they went into the studio around December, with Brave New World getting released in May. 10 months from first “reunion” gig to album release date. 

That sounds ideal, the best of both worlds. I would have loved that template for Guns: play a short tour just to get the arteries working then enter the studio.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maiden didn't approach their reunion like a nostalgia fest. As I recall they went straight into the studio.

not trying to take anything from Maiden, I enjoy some of the music, but it's easier releasing records with those type of lyrics. I actually think they've kept their high quality standard and most of their fans seem content with their new material.

you gotta take into consideration that for Axl it might be different, he could want to make a fresh statement with every release. it's trickier compared to  maiden to produce a great album and my guess is if it isn't relevant at least in the world of Guns, Axl won't release it just cause it sounds nice. he doesn't seem to want to repeat himself like Slash for example or AC/DC. gotta at least say something nu.

edit: plus in Maiden's case it wasn't like in Guns where the 2 most popular band members haven't played or been on a stage together for 20 years so it was logical to first do a tour cause the demand was insane, play together see if it works, make some money.

Edited by Rovim

On 12/24/2018 at 3:31 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not a fan of Maiden's music but I have absolute respect for their work ethic and fan friendliness; in that they're rather the reverse of Guns N' Roses. 

I’m thinking of the Axl interview where the guy asks him if they’re like Maiden and Axl says “I hope not.” At least Maiden give a shit about their fans and being creative enough to want to write new albums and most importantly, release them.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I wonder, if they did make a record in the next year or so, who would they get to produce it? I wonder if they could get a big shot like Rick Rubin. Jeez that's a wet dream haha

I would be suprised if anyone other than Axl, Caram and Eric were on production duties, maybe Slash or Melissa would have a hand in the production of individual tracks.

What Rubin did to Death Magnetic was criminal. Fuck having a Guns album that sounds like that. I don't think Axl would be having any of Rubin's "I'll sit on the sofa watching you do all the hard work" shtick either... that's his job! :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I would be suprised if anyone other than Axl, Caram and Eric were on production duties, maybe Slash or Melissa would have a hand in the production of individual tracks.

What Rubin did to Death Magnetic was criminal. Fuck having a Guns album that sounds like that. I don't think Axl would be having any of Rubin's "I'll sit on the sofa watching you do all the hard work" shtick either... that's his job! :lol:

Completely agree. Rubin has a history of being shady from the very start of his career.

On 12/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, Rovim said:

not trying to take anything from Maiden, I enjoy some of the music, but it's easier releasing records with those type of lyrics. I actually think they've kept their high quality standard and most of their fans seem content with their new material.

you gotta take into consideration that for Axl it might be different, he could want to make a fresh statement with every release. it's trickier compared to  maiden to produce a great album and my guess is if it isn't relevant at least in the world of Guns, Axl won't release it just cause it sounds nice. he doesn't seem to want to repeat himself like Slash for example or AC/DC. gotta at least say something nu.

edit: plus in Maiden's case it wasn't like in Guns where the 2 most popular band members haven't played or been on a stage together for 20 years so it was logical to first do a tour cause the demand was insane, play together see if it works, make some money.

Do you believe any of this yourself - be honest?

I'd agree with you if it was still 2006 and we were all waiting on Chinese like the wankers we were. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do you believe any of this yourself - be honest?

with every fiber of my being but you can't rush it. the new album is gonna be great, but it will probably come later than some believe cause a lot of hardcore  fans are not yet satisfied with Frank's drumming but I feel like the rhythm section can be perfected with Duff teaching Frank how to get more in the groove. the process in the studio will probably go like this:

Edited by Rovim
  • Haha 2