Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

Considering that Axl has been doing cool shit like Axl/DC, jamming with Billy Joel and Foo Fighters, and now this, honestly it seems like at least on the surface level the dude is in a pretty good place! Not that I know him or anything lol but it is cool seeing him out and about doing stuff.  Call me crazy but it does give me hope regarding GNR doing new material

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Considering that Axl has been doing cool shit like Axl/DC, jamming with Billy Joel and Foo Fighters, and now this, honestly it seems like at least on the surface level the dude is in a pretty good place! Not that I know him or anything lol but it is cool seeing him out and about doing stuff.  Call me crazy but it does give me hope regarding GNR doing new material

I agree 100%. It’s as if reconciling with slash and duff lifted a horrible cloud that was plaguing him for many years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Propaganda said:

If Axl was a smart business man, he would take advantage of the hype of this Looney Tunes gig while it's hot and while the media is all over it

Is this serious? He'd get 100000000x the hype if he'd just release a statement and a teaser of an actual song. The only people who actually care about this are hardcore GnR fans :lol: 

• Haha 1

I'm not surprised Axl sounds as good as he does in this song, honestly. He still sounds his best live whenever he's standing in one place and not running around for three hours a night, so the fact that he was sitting in a recording studio doing this song definitely helped. I agree with others, though, the sound and title definitely makes me think this was something AC/DC related.

All that being said, I have no expectations that this will lead to anything. How could anyone? The fact that he or the band couldn't even be bothered to send a single Tweet out to promote his appearance on this pretty much tells me this was just a one-off thing that he did for fun, and we'll likely never hear anything about it again.

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

I guess this might sound a bit weird, but I dig his talking voice. It's kind of soothing. If Axl isn't into releasing new music, he could/should become an audio book narrator.

me too like his talking voice, i just had doubts  if he played this character , with his sing voice i not had doubts , is impossible not recognize Axl when sing.

16 minutes ago, Ratam said:

me too like his talking voice, i just had doubts  if he played this character , with his sing voice i not had doubts , is impossible not recognize Axl when sing.

It was Axl's voice... just reading the script to keep it kid friendly. I think that is what is throwing you off as it isn't his natural cadence.

• Like 1

"That's all, folks!" leaves kind of a bitter taste in my mouth. Not familar with the show, but from what I understand that's the pig's iconic catchphrase isn't it?

Hope it's not to be seen in context with GNR??

Comes off a 2+ year greatest hits reunion world tour, no plans/projects announced whatsoever...and the next thing you know he pops up a cartoon character and the last thing you hear from him at the end of the year is "that's all folks"? :blink:

13 minutes ago, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

THAT BIT AT 3 10 WHEN HE ROLLS HIS Rs MY LATTER SELF HAD TO PEEL MYSELF FRIM MY CEILiNG....ALSO THE ROCK IS CLEARLY THE WORLD AND YEAH JUST THINK ABOUT THAT...GOTA B AXL DC STUFF THAT IS SUCH ATUNE INAGINE THAT WITh AN ARSE KICKING VID SBOUT ROCKING THE WORLD N SHIT 

Yeah.

Calm down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

"That's all, folks!" leaves kind of a bitter taste in my mouth. Not familar with the show, but from what I understand that's the pig's iconic catchphrase isn't it?

Comes off a 2+ year greatest hits reunion world tour, no plans/projects announced whatsoever...and the next thing you know he pops up a cartoon character and the last thing you hear from him at the end of the year is "that's all folks"? :blink:

https://looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/That's_all_Folks

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cruel Intentions said:

I'm not surprised Axl sounds as good as he does in this song, honestly. He still sounds his best live whenever he's standing in one place and not running around for three hours a night, so the fact that he was sitting in a recording studio doing this song definitely helped. I agree with others, though, the sound and title definitely makes me think this was something AC/DC related.

All that being said, I have no expectations that this will lead to anything. How could anyone? The fact that he or the band couldn't even be bothered to send a single Tweet out to promote his appearance on this pretty much tells me this was just a one-off thing that he did for fun, and we'll likely never hear anything about it again.

the mickey and the gas tank he needs to run about performing for 3hrs+ are for live shows only.

in a more relaxed setting where he doesn't need gas like a studio, interview or just threatening to punch someone at an airport his voice is always spot on so the gas and mickey are related. 

also i wouldn't say this is a one-off. is it just coincidence that Ax does some work for childrens TV then records a song with "children" in the title ? 

Axl/piggy and buggs singing children of the revolution would not surprise me right now.

27 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

That’s like going on SNL and not saying “LIVE FROM NEW YORK, ITS SATURDAY NIGHT!”

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Definitely reading way too much into it! No hidden or double meaning there 👍

• Like 3