Jump to content
PENNY16161

Duff Interview with EW - Says New Music is "In the Pipeline"

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gold top 78 said:

Personally I like most of Slash’s work post 96 and I’d feel happier if we knew if Slash is getting some ideas of his onto a new GNR album. And what we’ve got to remember about Slash’s material from 2010 onwards is that it’s all his own songs. Having loads of ideas for an album and putting them onto it in a short space of time can sometimes dilute the quality of some songs. But if Slash has just a handful of ideas to work with to go with Axl’s songs then he’ll have more time to concentrate on those few songs and work on improving his original idea for the song. 

I like slashs solo stuff. LTD is showing he is coasting musically at the moment and i hope axl really niggles him to bring out his best on the new stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I like slashs solo stuff. LTD is showing he is coasting musically at the moment and i hope axl really niggles him to bring out his best on the new stuff.

I thought LTD dream was terribly boring and generic but I attribute Myles to a lot of that.. Slash has had plenty of great guitar riffs and song idea over the last couple decades, just not always the right pieces in place to help him make them great songs. There have been plenty of great songs mixed in there as well though. 

** so weird, I am listening to sports radio right now and just heard "Hey this is Slash, and you are listening to NBC sports radio" as I was replying to this post.  Well that was fucking random

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought LTD dream was terribly boring and generic but I attribute Myles to a lot of that.. Slash has had plenty of great guitar riffs and song idea over the last couple decades, just not always the right pieces in place to help him make them great songs. There have been plenty of great songs mixed in there as well though. 

** so weird, I am listening to sports radio right now and just heard "Hey this is Slash, and you are listening to NBC sports radio" as I was replying to this post.  Well that was fucking random

Maybe he needs to do another solo album with more guests and not under SMKC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Living the Dream wasn't the best album in the world but his self-titled and World On Fire are excellent albums. I'm surprised people would be so dismissive of Slash's recent work. 

What about Apocayptic Love? That’s my favorite of his. Anastasia, Bad Rian, and Youre A Lie are all great songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

What about Apocayptic Love? That’s my favorite of his. Anastasia, Bad Rian, and Youre A Lie are all great songs.

That album's great moments are some of the best of his career but it has a fair amount of filler. I like it, just not as much as Slash and WOF

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

by the sword and the great pretender are his solo highlights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unpopular opinion, but i much prefer Duff's Tenderness over SMKC's Living the Dream.

On another topic, the fact that Slash and Duff are making regular comments on an album, indicates that something certainly is in the works. Slash even confirmed he did go to Axl's house to do stuff. I understand the scepticism, but the wheels seem to be turning (especially once it hits the end of the year).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Axl house thing, I think we will get one more out of them. Who knows what it'll be and when though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Living the Dream wasn't the best album in the world but his self-titled and World On Fire are excellent albums. I'm surprised people would be so dismissive of Slash's recent work. 

I prefer LTD to both WOF and AL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I prefer LTD to both WOF and AL.

I like em all !!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like selected tracks from WOF and AL. LTD is the first SMKC album where I dig every track.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.6.2019 at 12:42 AM, RussTCB said:

Because I'm certain that's what they're gonna record. 

Before 4 weeks you was certain they won't gonna record anything ever again. I'm not gonna say Axl will record 12 new vocal tracks for a new record but we can't know how they work and what will be used from people who aren't in this band (anymore). As long as there is hope it won't be all CD leftovers I'll hope.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.6.2019 at 8:09 AM, RussTCB said:

Seeing as Slash said it'll be recorded this fall, I would guess a release would happen next year. What does the last time you posted have to do with anything? 

Based on the crap output Slash has had on his own? No. 

Using ideas from Slash and Duff doesn't mean using complete songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reading between the lines tells me that Duff and Slash are not that impressed by the CD leftovers.

'kick ass shit' is an other word for 'interesting, but don't expect more'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Before 4 weeks you was certain they won't gonna record anything ever again. I'm not gonna say Axl will record 12 new vocal tracks for a new record but we can't know how they work and what will be used from people who aren't in this band (anymore). As long as there is hope it won't be all CD leftovers I'll hope.

Fair point. My guesses are based only on Axl's perceived lack of interest in writing anything new. I want to be clear that I said "perceived" as none of us really know the story there. Dude could be writing 24/7 for all we know. 

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Using ideas from Slash and Duff doesn't mean using complete songs. 

That's a fair point especially with regard to how CD was written. Slash or Duff could come up with a new riff or section for something previously recorded that completely changes it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creed said:

reading between the lines tells me that Duff and Slash are not that impressed by the CD leftovers.

'kick ass shit' is an other word for 'interesting, but don't expect more'

Kick ass shit could also mean kick ass shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Kick ass shit could also mean kick ass shit 

... cuz if VOTING kicks ass, and AL DONNELLY kicks ass, you put ‘em both together, and you got some pretty KICK ASS SHIT!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

... cuz if VOTING kicks ass, and AL DONNELLY kicks ass, you put ‘em both together, and you got some pretty KICK ASS SHIT!!!

My wife had to make out with your avatar in a movie they filmed together many years ago. 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Bring back Izzy and Steven. Then shut the fuck up and take all my money.

Yep! Pretty much this on every single level. 40% of what made the band magic is gone, and the other 60% that remains only operates at about 20% of what their potential once was.

It's difficult to imagine how this could possibly translate into kick ass new music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Yep! Pretty much this on every single level. 40% of what made the band magic is gone, and the other 60% that remains only operates at about 20% of what their potential once was.

It's difficult to imagine how this could possibly translate into kick ass new music.

This line up cant do a shit together. Duff's stuff is awful, slash is boring as fuck, Axl got wonderful ideas but too much bullshit with that. Izzy will be the bond and Steven is what makes GNR unique at the drumming section with his groove. Fuck frank thundershitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dazey said:

My wife had to make out with your avatar in a movie they filmed together many years ago. 😂

Who's your wife?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Towelie said:

I like selected tracks from WOF and AL. LTD is the first SMKC album where I dig every track.

Even Sugar Cane? My man right here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×