Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

On about my 10th listen and this song has really grown on me. A proper version fleshed out with the current band would be perfect,   I remember a quote (paraphrasing) years ago from someone who said that slash wanted to be AC/DC and make straight rock music and Axl wanted to be like the Beatles where it's different every time. I think Axl was right.... hopefully a new album can be half AFD style and half in this style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

just heard perhaps so far and wow....this is god damn awful. even Brian Mays solo can't fix it. the whole album shows that Axl can't write choruses :( like wtf? did he really expect that fans and public will like this stuff? AFD and UYI are whole other worlds...

yesterday i listened to Madagascar. Actually its hit Material, but the mixing and orchestration is so god damn awful...that it just make you sad...

What? This chorus is awesome, and Hardschool and Atlas were great too. The only issue i had with the latter two were the constant repeating of them, but that isn't a fault of the chorus more than it is a lack of verses.

Every day of my life I fall in love a little bit more with Axls voice, and I already loved it and always thought he is the #1 singer of all time.

Just listen to his natural clean singing voice here and in the Atlas verses.

What a voice for Christs sake.

I believe he will put more drive (rasp) in his new release; just because of what he said at the China Exchange. He is aware that fans “didnt react well”.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What? This chorus is awesome, and Hardschool and Atlas were great too. The only issue i had with the latter two were the constant repeating of them, but that isn't a fault of the chorus more than it is a lack of verses.

I noticed the repeating lyrics at first but after a few listens the songs really grow on you.  But some of their greatest songs repeat the same lines like "You Could Be Mine".  He says "you could be mine" a dozen times and it never seemed to bother anybody.  Same with "Don't Cry".  

I don't think anyone's brought this up so far - was "Perhaps" going to be the cornerstone of the second album?

From a January 2001 interview with Axl (night after Rio):

"He admitted not feeling happy with the show last night, and gave some details of the new album: he already has 36 songs practically ready (one dedicated to John Lennon, another about child abuse), and there is a possibility that the album is double , in the style of Use your illusion, one of the compacts would be named after Chinese Democracy and the other would be called PRL"

One of the leakers has said PRL = "Perhaps"

WpYMLUe.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I don't think anyone's brought this up so far - was "Perhaps" going to be the cornerstone of the second album?

From a January 2001 interview with Axl (night after Rio):

One of the leakers has said PRL = "Perhaps"

WpYMLUe.jpg

So Perhaps is working title for Thyme? The one that Marco Beltrami work on the arrangement? 

29 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Apparently Thyme was just an instrumental track

Think of how "Sirius" by Alan Parsons Project was really just an intro for "Eye in the Sky":

There is a track called “PRL w/out Thyme” and another called “Thyme (PRL)” which is significantly shorter  than the first one which makes me think Thyme is some sort of extended (maybe instrumental only) intro style track and that PRL and Thyme are separate despite some people suggesting they are one and the same

Edited by dave94
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Didn't really love any of these songs, and Hardschool feels already older than the UYI albums.

"General" next?

General wasn't on the Zutaut discs, so unless it's on there under a different name or hoarders have it from another source, we'll never hear it outside of that party recording from 2010

11 minutes ago, dave94 said:

There is a track called “PRL w/out Thyme” and another called “Thyme (PRL)” which is significantly shorter  than the first one which makes me think Thyme is some sort of extended (maybe instrumental only) intro style track and that PRL and Thyme are separate despite some people suggesting they are one and the same

Oh, and theres a talk PRL is actually Perhaps, so theres probably way more complete versions of the song on the discs.