Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, Powerage5 said:

That opening piano tone is straight out of the November Rain piano demo. 

Oh yes good call on that, that is dead on!

That, combined with Axl doing the "hay hay" thing like in Estranged, and the rasp during the chorus, it is a Matt Sorum-NR fillfest and a Slash solo away from being on UYI2 lol

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

How the fuck does this song not make the album? The only explanation was that he honest to God thought he was going to release two albums.

It really sounds like an album closer. He had to have been saving it for CD2

Seriously though... if he has all these unheard songs just from 99... what else has been recorded in the last 20 years?

Edited by liers

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

They ended up losing a ton of money as a result. It's as simple as this - at the turn of the millennium a traditional GnR album would've been really unfashionable. This material gave Axl a fighting chance of weathering the storm, for all he wouldn't have sold 15 million. Universal Music wasted a fortune and a career here.

Technically they recouped w the Best Buy deal. Entirely at the cost of their artist’s career. Shame on them   

Definitely my favorite of the leaked songs, maybe even top 5 out of what we've gotten all together. Very strong, relying on lyrics and melody without a whole lot of bells and whistles. Probably the most "Guns N Roses" sounding track of the recent leaks. Not too experimental, much of what we come to expect from Axl - and it works.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Perhaps is the best song from these leaks. It’s amazing that it never made Chinese Democracy, but hopefully it is one that Is reworked.

I just listened to Perhaps again and I agreed with you until I started State of Grace again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I just listened to Perhaps again and I agreed with you until I started State of Grace again. 

State of Grace is great, but Perhaps hits that epic and nostalgia spot. At the end of the day, we’re so lucky that we are getting these leaks given that Axl sat on his thumbs for two decades. 

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

As the comments on the mp3 file say, “Perhaps Bob was wrong”

We can all say that again.

• Haha 1