Why does no-one ever talk about what a great song Right Next Door To Hell is?

Yes, I always loved it.

I was so happy when the Illusions were finally released, back then the wait for it felt like an eternity, lol.

Bought both on Vinyl, went home and started with UYI I. 

What a relief it was listening to Right next door to hell. The title is cool, the bass intro is cool, the verses are cool, the refrain is cool, the guitar sound is cool. And then that glorious "Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Bitch!".

Yes, they were back.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

This band is stuck on the past enough without talking about a 28 year old filler song. The song has good energy but hearing it live nowadays wouldn't be so good because of someone who usually lacks the intensity to pull it off by not singing it the way it sounds on the album. 

I wouldn't call it filler, it'd be in my top 10, possibly top 5 from both UYI sets. And the band obviously don't see it as a filler, seeing as it's the opening track... who opens an album with a filler song?

Axl did a stella job nailing SOYL on the last leg, so I don't see why he couldn't pull off RNDTH.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I wouldn't call it filler, it'd be in my top 10, possibly top 5 from both UYI sets. And the band obviously don't see it as a filler, seeing as it's the opening track... who opens an album with a filler song?

Axl did a stella job nailing SOYL on the last leg, so I don't see why he couldn't pull off RNDTH.

I'm every down on Axl nowadays.  He is brilliant in the studio but so hit and miss, usually miss, live. The filler comment doesn't mean I do not like the song, but live......no. Just another disappointment waiting to happen. He is embarrassingly bad live.

That's my rant......peace!

5 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I'm every down on Axl nowadays.  He is brilliant in the studio but so hit and miss, usually miss, live. The filler comment doesn't mean I do not like the song, but live......no. Just another disappointment waiting to happen. He is embarrassingly bad live.

That's my rant......peace!

I think he can be embarrassingly bad, but he can still be a beast as well. Depends whether you catch him on a good night or not.

2 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

This band is stuck on the past enough without talking about a 28 year old filler song. The song has good energy but hearing it live nowadays wouldn't be so good because of someone who usually lacks the intensity to pull it off by not singing it the way it sounds on the album. 

Pretty much how i feel. 

Ok song, but to me it seems the band had already evolved beyond that kind of stuff. It just feels kind of bland compared to the other songs on the illusions.

27 minutes ago, Thorbear said:

Pretty much how i feel. 

Ok song, but to me it seems the band had already evolved beyond that kind of stuff. It just feels kind of bland compared to the other songs on the illusions.

Evolved beyond the stuff that made the whole world fall in love with them in the first place?

• Like 1