Mega_Music

09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

On 06/04/2019 at 11:03 AM, grogmug said:

Trying to figure out if VIP is worth it. I'm reading that you have front access to the Oak Stage if you buy VIP, but is this where Guns will be playing, since they will have three stages going? I'm about to pull the trigger, but I think that makes or breaks it being worth it. 

Do you meet the band?. If not no.

I wouldn't be surprised if those festival gigs would be the usual NITL shows. 

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

I strongly believe it will.

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

After the new interview where Slash confirmed they haven’t done jack shit it seems like a safe bet. Hell, they may even use the NITL tour branding for these shows.

• Sad 1

On 4/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, kiwiguns said:

Is there some sort of set rules you have to follow in the entertainment industry that states you do what everyone else does. 

If thats the case Axl would have TMZ on speed dial to tell them were he is so he can profit off the publicity himself. Axl would Tweet and Instagram all his daily movements, Marry one of the Kardashians, Guns N Roses to appear at the Grammy awards preforming with Post Malone or some rapper, either Axl or Slash appear in a leaked sex tape (claim it was via a hack) than profit from its sales even though they themselves were behind the leak. 

Thats not Rock N Roll.

Or you could do meet and greets like some other bands and sell guitars, amps, the gum you chewed on stage, the water bottel you drank from while on stage or your underwear you wore that night for a 5 min meet and greet and the purchase of any of those items for 10k.

You can say alot of things about GNR but i personally am glad they do thing's there own way, still to this day not following what everyone else does.

Axl wore tiny white bicycle shorts and kilts. 

Elvis, Little Richard, Elton John, Bowie, Mercury, Page, Plant. All did thing's differently from what others were doing. Thats Rock N Roll.

Totally agree. Guns has reuinited after 20 years, how somebody could ask for more? There might be complains during Axl & Co years, as they could have been pleasing fans with something intresting other than reuniting, but now I easily get it and the things go in the way, which I wouldn't change for any pro-fans activities. For sure, their "publicity" could be more fans-oriented, but still, they have created an atmosphere some sort of a mystery, so every event or news is valuable. Long live GNR.

Edited by nikothebellic

10 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Totally agree. Guns has reuinited after 20 years, how somebody could ask for more? There might be complains during Axl & Co years, as they could have been pleasing fans with something intresting other than reuniting, but now I easily get it and the things go in the way, which I wouldn't change for any pro-fans activities. For sure, their "publicity" could be more fans-oriented, but still, they have created an atmosphere some sort of a mystery, so every event or news is valuable. Long live GNR.

no. slash and duff joined NuGnR. its not a real reunion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I want for fans to stop continually telling each other what is or is not GNR based on their own personal preference lol

I'd want something more realistic, like winning the lottery or owning a flying car... or a new GNR record. :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You know what I want more than a new GNR record?? I want for fans to stop continually telling each other what is or is not GNR based on their own personal preference lol

Nah, I'll take the new record.😄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stizzy said:

Grogmug, would those people know anything about the likelihood of Izzy/Steven being a part of it?

The only other thing I've heard about the festival, is that Snoop Dogg will also be there. ha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grogmug said:

The only other thing I've heard about the festival, is that Snoop Dogg will also be there. ha

Haha! Thanks, Grogmug! If you do hear anything else from your sources, plz keep us posted!! Thank you!!!

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd want something more realistic, like winning the lottery or owning a flying car... or a new GNR record. :lol:

Hey, if Tool are releasing the new record this year (and they are, apparently), then anything is possible, and we can hope for a new GN’R record as well.

Soon is the word, 2020 is the number!

19 hours ago, Creed said:

no. slash and duff joined NuGnR. its not a real reunion.

People really need to get over this line of thinking.

• Like 1

Matt Sorum is playing that weekend with his new band. Would be a great opportunity to have him guest on a song but I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1

Ahhhhhhhhhh Knocked Loose was announced for the same day as GNR!  Holy hell now I have to seriously consider going to this.  Also Suicidal Tendencies and Dropkick Murphys.  What a friggin lineup.  

I was told Snoop would be there, but they got it mixed up with Ice Cube..haha. How do you get those two mixed up? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, grogmug said:

I was told Snoop would be there, but they got it mixed up with Ice Cube..haha. How do you get those two mixed up? 

That's a pretty bad mixup.  Its not like we are talking the RZA or GZA from Wu Tang.  Both are pretty distinct artists. 

grogmug are you a fan of Knocked Loose?  I am loving their new EP they dropped on Friday.  They are from Oldham County in KY.  

There are actually a lot of acts I would like to see all 3 days. Oh well, I am still only going on Saturday. Really kind of regret not getting VIP though.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1