sofine11

GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

21 minutes ago, username05 said:

which of my posts reeks of desperation? I have no attachment to either . I'm advocating caution and not jumping to conclusions.
there are no "good" or "bad" sources when it comes to GNR. There is "Axl" and "everybody else".. and even Axl doesnt have a good track record when it comes to announcing release dates. so why invest effort into a could be real/fake reddit account of Fernando? I know its appealing to think there's an album in store for us... but I learned not to get attached to news that requires so many leaps of faith. 

All of your posts regarding this topic. He was asked point blank if it was him. Any sane person wouldn't want someone to impersonate him and state that it is not him when that Topic is brought up. Yet, he choose to not answer and ignore the question. A non answer also is an answer, thus it is obvious it is him. And I guess most of us know GNR enough to know, that even if it was him stating there will be an Album within 6 months, it is no guarantee that we really will have an album within 6 months.

Album by March. "Beware the Ides of March." Theres an unreleased NuGuns tune by that name, isnt there? 

Having de ja vu about that phrase being linked to previous album release rumours?

3 hours ago, Creed said:

i never understood why people went on this finnish board and i can't believe its still alive. 

mygnr was always the biggest forum and should have been supported by GnR.

I’m on this message board game since it started really. If you think that board is an arse licking thing now, you missed the period around when Chinese was released. It was ridiculous, you couldn’t say anything less than “Axl Rose is GNR”. Now, if you were not blocked by then, the admin just pretends that there’s space for personal opinions, because now apparently Axl is more of a democratic guy and the reunion is on.

I still go there sometimes and post (my username is different), but I only came back there after a loooong hiatus, when the reunion happened, just because I couldn’t say that CD is a good album and the band is much better without the original members.

It looks as if the 2010s will be the first decade in the bands history where they don’t release an album. That is sad. Really sad.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

4 hours ago, murph said:

It was me that contacted Fernando (or who asked "what the next album is titled and when roughly they were releasing it) 

I posted a link with screenshots of most the the exchanges a few pages back.. 

He didn't answer the title question (he did by saying" even if I did know, the band would have to tell you.. Then he pressed return twice.. And typed "within 6months" 

Afterwards I wrote I appreciate you getting back to me and which he wrote back "sorry that it took so long" 

Again those screenshots are a few comments deep in my post history here.. 

I also emailed Rolling Stone about it.. And absolute silence.. As matter of fact.. Googling guns n roses news.. You have to dig a few pages down to find gnrcentral.com blog about it.. As well as the original reddit post with lack of up votes to down votes.. 

Someone doesn't want it going viral for some reason or another.. I even submitted an update to all this in that thread.. About this site.. How it's not being carried, etc. 

It's Fernando 100% 

Thanks for your comment. Not to burst your bubble though, but Rolling Stone is a legitimate news organisation and unlike content mills (GNRCentral, Alternative Nation, Blabbermouth), will likely not report on anonymous and unverifiable Reddit accounts claiming to be someone of importance. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure why people think a new album would have new Axl vocals. It’s probably going to be CDII tracks with the vocals recorded back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s

• GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I’m on this message board game since it started really. If you think that board is an arse licking thing now, you missed the period around when Chinese was released. It was ridiculous, you couldn’t say anything less than “Axl Rose is GNR”. Now, if you were not blocked by then, the admin just pretends that there’s space for personal opinions, because now apparently Axl is more of a democratic guy and the reunion is on.

I still go there sometimes and post (my username is different), but I only came back there after a loooong hiatus, when the reunion happened, just because I couldn’t say that CD is a good album and the band is much better without the original members.

He did turn into a little nazi about negative posts but maybe he was trying to provide a positive place where members could go and not feel like they wanted to off themselves in their hotel rooms.  I'm still a little afraid to post there. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure why people think a new album would have new Axl vocals. It’s probably going to be CDII tracks with the vocals recorded back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s

I'm relatively okay with that, judging by the content we have. Though there have been whispers that Axl has laid down new vocal tracks. There's also the question as to why Slash would need to record at Axl's house if Axl himself wasn't recording anything or working.

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thanks for your comment. Not to burst your bubble though, but Rolling Stone is a legitimate news organisation and unlike content mills (GNRCentral, Alternative Nation, Blabbermouth), will likely not report on anonymous and unverifiable Reddit accounts claiming to be someone of importance. 

Yes. And I think this is why Fernando has been vague on whether it's him on reddit or not.

Because if the reddit account is him, he probably wanted to have just an "unofficial" interaction with fans. So if he confirms it was him, it will become instantly official and every news outlet will report about it, and then will be asking for interviews with band members, and so on. And the band wouldn't want that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Rolling Stone let Axl do an "interview" where Axl was asked softball questions by Del James with no follow-up questions

They lost all credibility years ago

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm relatively okay with that, judging by the content we have. Though there have been whispers that Axl has laid down new vocal tracks. There's also the question as to why Slash would need to record at Axl's house if Axl himself wasn't recording anything or working.

Fair point. I think Axl’s vocals now a days could only really do stuff in the vein of “Rock the Rock”- I couldn’t imagine him say doing something Atlas the way it was recorded in 2000’s.

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fair point. I think Axl’s vocals now a days could only really do stuff in the vein of “Rock the Rock”- I couldn’t imagine him say doing something Atlas the way it was recorded in 2000’s.

Even now, Axl still has a dynamic voice, i believe, if he uses his natural singing voice, and octaves he can still hit accurately-like on Madagascar live during the beginning; he could still record meaningful music

Look on the bright side, we still have ROCK THE ROCK (Newish vocals wise) Everything will be okay.. Won't it? WON'T IT???

"Chinese Democracy is an album that reminds GNR fans how frustrating it is to be a fan"

"The village sessions acknowledge it, and have you wondering "how the fuck am I still a fan?"

Edited by MrMojo

On 9/29/2019 at 1:24 PM, janrichmond said:

What forum was that? What cartoon are you talking about? and what "whole board mess" do you mean?

One long gone.  The cartoon where Axl is being Howard Hughes at one of the Rio shows.  Sorry, it was Coke vs Diet Coke.

Messages boards use to be a lot more fun.  People weren't as insulting to each other or the band.  GNR's mistake was letting us know they were there too.  Once that came out, everybody thought they could offer up opinions on what to do, what was wrong.  We went places that were none of our business and we were ill informed about.  We stopped being just fans and became something else.  The support one would expect from fans and they were looking for was drown out.

Occasionally, I see familiar names from back in the day in a familiar place.  They pass through, as do I.  Not much going on there.  Master of the Web is still around. :headbang:

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

He did turn into a little nazi about negative posts but maybe he was trying to provide a positive place where members could go and not feel like they wanted to off themselves in their hotel rooms.  I'm still a little afraid to post there. :lol:

The other day I said something REALLY nasty about NuGNR. He did not block me, and even replied without saying anything bad, so I think you should be fine. 😄

15 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

The other day I said something REALLY nasty about NuGNR. He did not block me, and even replied without saying anything bad, so I think you should be fine. 😄

He's on the road so I'm still scared. :lol:

Beta even yelled at me once for what I thought was a very innocent comment about checking on Axl's watch.  She's normally a nice person.  I can only imagine what kind of shit she had been dealing with to fire back on that comment.

Edited by cineater

27 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Rolling Stone let Axl do an "interview" where Axl was asked softball questions by Del James with no follow-up questions

They lost all credibility years ago

Yup. It's all true 👍🏻😊

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

He's on the road so I'm still scared. :lol:

Beta even yelled at me once for what I thought was a very innocent comment about checking on Axl's watch.  She's normally a nice person.  I can only imagine what kind of shit she had been dealing with to fire back on that comment.

Lol when was that? 😂

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I would agree however there is a small part of me that believes slash wrote a guitar-driven song that axl MAY put vocals to

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It looks as if the 2010s will be the first decade in the bands history where they don’t release an album. That is sad. Really sad.

Yeah sometimes I don’t fucking get this band. Isn’t the new album basically done? How hard is it to just get slash and duff to overdub all the CD leftovers we just heard? Are we seriously never going to hear official versions of killer tracks like Berlin (Oklahoma) and whatever else?

• Sad 1