With the COVID virus, is it becoming more apparent that GnR only cares about money?

35 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My interpretation of how Guns operate is that it (media relations) seemingly has all been parceled out to some generic ice cold third party whose sole purpose is basically selling stuff. It isn't even as if Fernando and so forth bother now (even when he was slagging the fans off, at least that was communication of sorts). Everything seems delegated to some corporate distant organisation. That is my observation. 

Pretty much why their social channels even exist. Otherwise they wouldn’t. So why is anyone surprised by a lack of response over the last few few weeks? This is business as usual

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Well then other bands ability to sell tickets for shows that aren't happening is up there with GNR's! 

And if they really haven't communicated to fans that the shows aren't happening (I have no idea which bands we're talking about here) then their fan-communication skills are down there with GNR's! 

Trebles all round! 

The first GNR show is 5 weeks away now. Let's see how long it takes them to tell us it isn't happening......

Aerosmith, System of a down, Faith No More, Janet Jackson, Diana Ross, Rammstein, Lenny Kravitz, Sammy Hagar, Alanis Morissette, Lionel Richie, Hollywood Vampires

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

Maybe they purchased that $500 VIP package to their favourite band well in advance. Now they've become unemployed due to COVID and that $500 could be a big help right now.

Well, I guess those dipshits shouldn't have spent that money to begin with. Serves them right.

On 7.4.2020 at 1:35 PM, James Bond said:

Brian May has been one of my favourite musicians to follow during this. Live streams of him just jamming in his living room, taking requests, and breaking down iconic Queen riffs. He's even posted playthroughs and encouraged musicians to take what he's played and have a "virtual jam" by adding your own drums, bass, etc...

Yeah. Also Melissa Etheridge is pretty cool. Doing a live mini concert from her home every day since this shit has started. Today is #25.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

If the show doesn't take place on the date that is stated on your ticket, you're well within your rights to demand a refund. But like Erica said, what's the point when you wanna see them anyway. Unless you need the money. Or your seat is bad and you are hoping to get something better.

Exactly! I told my story about the Godsmack/Halestorm concert in a round about way in order not to pick a fight with anyone here and send a message regarding what happens when artists are not issuing statements about cancellations. Tired of arguments whether it's here or on Facebook.  

10 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Exactly! I told my story about the Godsmack/Halestorm concert in a round about way in order not to pick a fight with anyone here and send a message regarding what happens when artists are not issuing statements about cancellations. Tired of arguments whether it's here or on Facebook.  

Godsmack/Halestorm was a pretty good concert, seen them last fall. Not to fight with anyone. But never had a concert cancelled on me, I would be pretty upset but reality is things happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

You asked, Duff answered, from Blabbermouth:

GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan spoke to Riki Rachtman Radio's "The Triple R" podcast about how he and his family are coping with quarantine life during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. He said: "We're looking at it very serious. I have two kids and a wife. We live in Seattle, so that was the first hotspot [in the U.S.]. We were down here [in L.A.] as a family. I was rehearsing with GUNS, ready to go out and do a South American tour, into Europe, into America. So, as the virus hit, we stayed in place in L.A. Mae [Duff's daughter] had come home from college, from New York, on March 11th, and that's kind of the day and days that things started really getting serious."

Duff went on to say that some people seem unable to grasp the profound gravity of what could lie ahead of us if we don't take aggressive action immediately.

"It's an exponential thing, and people who maybe invest money and know compounding of interest — if you get eight percent on your money compared to seven percent on your money, how much more money you can have over 20 years? This is compounding," he explained. "This is an exponential thing that happens when people don't stay home. I'm not blaming it on all the people that aren't staying home, but it's really fucking important to stay at home. Don't go out. Because it's not just you — we're not just talking about you. We're talking about two other people you're gonna infect, and then the four other people they're gonna infect into eight, and that happens [really quickly], that it can grow into 32 people you can infect."

McKagan also talked about the pain facing the U.S. economy as the coronavirus pandemic makes its swift pivot from public health crisis to financial catastrophe.

"I don't know what the outcome of this is gonna be in jobs," he said. "My most important thing right now is keeping the people that work for me employed. We have eighty-plus people on our crew that we're terrified about right now. We have to figure out what we're gonna do and keep them from losing their house or something like that. The only thing I can do is keep the people that work for me employed. I'm able to do that. I think it's a responsibility. I think it's patriotic — whether they're working or not."

He continued: "We have truck drivers. And we have hotels that we've booked, we have all the people that work in those hotels, the people who are working in parking lots and concessions, and everybody works for us, which is a big traveling group. We have riggers and carpenters and lighting people. And then, of course, the backline, people at the monitor, the sound people. And it adds up. Every time we go into a city, people come from outside the city and get their hotels to come stay and see us play and buy food at restaurants and all that kind of stuff. So we bring small economies to these cities we go to, and everybody's gonna feel it, of course.

"So, yeah, we feel a responsibility to get back out there," he added. "Of course, we can't until it's safe. So we sit here. We talk about it. We try to keep abreast of everything that's going on daily."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-its-really-fking-important-to-stay-at-home/

Sounds like until its official the shows are still going ahead.

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, I guess those dipshits shouldn't have spent that money to begin with. Serves them right.

So it was unreasonable of them to not predict an economic fallout and a job loss several months prior when they purchased the tickets? People can spend their money however they please. However, times quickly changed and if I had just lost my job and had the option of getting a refund then I'd take the refund. The point is the option should be there, as it typically is. I don't feel sorry for Live Nation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James Bond said:

So it was unreasonable of them to not predict an economic fallout and a job loss several months prior when they purchased the tickets? People can spend their money however they please. However, times quickly changed and if I had just lost my job and had the option of getting a refund then I'd take the refund. The point is the option should be there, as it typically is. I don't feel sorry for Live Nation.

If 500 $ make or break you, then yes. Total dipshits. That's why you have savings, so you can get by should something unexpected happen. And I never disputed that the option should be there.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

If 500 $ make or break you, then yes. Total dipshits. That's why you have savings, so you can get by should something unexpected happen. And I never disputed that the option should be there.

So you agree that the option should be there but disagree with people taking it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow such black and white thinking, if we all followed your economic philosophy then enjoyment for the low paid would be outlawed...indeed punishable. 

• Like 4

Where to start. No names mentioned.  No one is a dipshit. Yes, some people, $500  can make or break esp. through here.  No, some people who were going cannot go later when show is  rescheduled.  Ex. Lets say 23 yr.old military person , college grad, etc. who won't be living in concert city x when show is rescheduled.                                                                                                                                                            Their website has posts on some already rescheduled.  Fair enough. What else can you ask for?  People can get their money back whatever the tickets say. This thing is something never seen before. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

This is a big oof. I guess poorer people should just slam all their money into savings and not enjoy their lives, this makes you look like you're coming from a point privilege. 500 is a lot of money to most people, people often save up for stuff like this. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 4

Yes concerts can be canceled. Nothing new there. Artists have to for severe illness, weather, something beyond control. People will find out refunds, new dates when they can during this situation. Normally shows are rescheduled like in a very short time, a few weeks, a month. This situation has all concerts, sports, put on dates TBA or months away. Things are very different.The NFL Draft will be on schedule, but  Goodell said with wll team staff alone at home. 

Edited by Amaya

14 hours ago, Billly B said:

Godsmack/Halestorm was a pretty good concert, seen them last fall. Not to fight with anyone. But never had a concert cancelled on me, I would be pretty upset but reality is things happen.

I saw both bands separately. I saw Godsmack two years ago with Shinedown at PNC Arts Center. Godsmack was much better than Shinedown. I saw Halestorm at the Starland Ballroom about 10 years ago. They were awesome!

Back to the topic. The band , does not owe fans anything but a good 2 hour concert. It is their job. Fans have a right to a good concert. This product you bought is just like going to see a movie at the mall cinema. The Big3  don't have to give to charitable causes . They pay more than enough in taxes. Every penny to every million, they earned . No body gave them a dime. They are not at work right now on stage petforming a concert so they dont owe or need to communicate about their work, private lives, etc. to their fans. The guys have family , friends , and staff to worry about through this situation and these people in the guys lives of family , friends ,staff are not multimillionaries. Axls sister , I read is an RN. Duff has like a half dozen siblings. Where am  I going with this. Wait.                                                                                                     However they, the guys are a product,  like Chick-fil-a,  and they should want to market, promote, touch base with their fan base . Like someone here posted, hell BurgerKing sent him a text,email still eat from BK through this.   GnR guys want you to chose their product instead of spending your dollars on Godsmack or TheStadium Tour- Defl,MotleyC, etc.                                                                                                                                                                                  Even though the guys dont owe fans anything, good marketing would be make a connection.  30 mins. Duff, who likes to talk,  doing a piece on his social media saying send in some questions. 30 mins. Slash playing just some quitar parts from GnR,SMylesC,blues songs...something. Axl, post up some semiprivate backstage pictures from NITL back to 1980s.                           

Edited by Amaya
Confusing post
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, James Bond said:

So you agree that the option should be there but disagree with people taking it?

Obviously when a concert doesn't happen on the promised date, people should have the option to return their tickets. Never said anything else.

As for the second part of the question: Oh, look at all the offended people here tonight. Fuming at the mouth, too stupid and offended to get what I was saying. Well, to answer to you and to others. Yeah, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy overpriced tickets to a rock show. If it means, less food on the table, because 500 $ is a huge sum to you, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you don't have enough savings to get by for a while, when loosing your job or any other unforseen thing, without having to beg for that money back, then yes, it probably is not a smart and responsible thing to pay that sum in the first place.

It has nothing to do with privilege or that enjoyment for the low paid should being outlawed.... What a stupid thing to say. It has to do with being responsible and smart with your money. Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan and savings. If that offends you. Well. 2 bad. I heed to my advice and don't have to worry and ask for my ticket money back, as I buy the stuff that is within my means. I'm responsible with my money, even though I go to a lot of rock shows. I'm not paying 500 $ for a stupid concert ticket, when I could get one for 150 $ that gives me the same, just without the fancy stuff. I don't pay 200 $ for a hotel, when I could get one for 70. I don't book stuff, that is uncancelable. The list goes on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan and savings. If that offends you. Well. 2 bad. I heed to my advice and don't have to worry and ask for my ticket money back, as I buy the stuff that is within my means. I'm responsible with my money, even though I go to a lot of rock shows. I'm not paying 500 $ for a stupid concert ticket, when I could get one for 150 $ that gives me the same, just without the fancy stuff. I don't pay 200 $ for a hotel, when I could get one for 70. I don't book stuff, that is uncancelable. The list goes on.

teach us more, master

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ratam said:

In  Ultimate Classic Rock has an good article  about the cancelled, postponed and rescheduled shows, and about refund to tickets buyers, people that complaining about Stub-Hubs too.

With SH ull just get a refund if they cancell as no descion has been made yet its poin

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Obviously when a concert doesn't happen on the promised date, people should have the option to return their tickets. Never said anything else.

As for the second part of the question: Oh, look at all the offended people here tonight. Fuming at the mouth, too stupid and offended to get what I was saying. Well, to answer to you and to others. Yeah, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't buy overpriced tickets to a rock show. If it means, less food on the table, because 500 $ is a huge sum to you, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you don't have enough savings to get by for a while, when loosing your job or any other unforseen thing, without having to beg for that money back, then yes, it probably is not a smart and responsible thing to pay that sum in the first place.

It has nothing to do with privilege or that enjoyment for the low paid should being outlawed.... What a stupid thing to say. It has to do with being responsible and smart with your money. Expect the unexpected. Have a backup plan and savings. If that offends you. Well. 2 bad. I heed to my advice and don't have to worry and ask for my ticket money back, as I buy the stuff that is within my means. I'm responsible with my money, even though I go to a lot of rock shows. I'm not paying 500 $ for a stupid concert ticket, when I could get one for 150 $ that gives me the same, just without the fancy stuff. I don't pay 200 $ for a hotel, when I could get one for 70. I don't book stuff, that is uncancelable. The list goes on.

Nobody is foaming at the mouth. Just pointing out that you're making yourself look like a jackass and clearly already have enough money to do what you want (if you don't then I really question where you're coming from with what you're saying) and feel like everyone else must be the same or they shouldn't do stuff they enjoy. What you're saying is legit something I've only ever seen people who just think the world is the way that they live say. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

With SH ull just get a refund if they cancell as no descion has been made yet its poin

Accord Ultimate Classic Rock article in the lasts few weeks 28.000 plus events have been canceled, postponed or reschudeled, and 23.000 in US alone.