The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Rockavaria (who are on the very strong rumours list for GnR shows) were due a headliner announcement this week, but have pushed it back till next week now.

I can't think of too many bands who would require an announcement being pushed back. Certainly not a current active touring band anyway.

U2

Rolling Stones

Page/Plant

Kiss

Metallica

Paul McCartney

Eagles

Bon Jovi

Bruce Springsteen

Pearl Jam

Muse

Coldplay

Just off the top of my head those are all bands that outdraw Axl's last couple of visions of GnR.

The one thing which can reunite them is the thing which got them together in the first place, Drugs..........Oh I mean Music.

Today it's all about the money.

True, If there is no new music, Izzy, Steven, Gilby and Matt, then it will be just a big cash crab tour, basically a good retirement plan for Axl, Slash and Duff.

I don't think Slash or Duff will retire after a reunion. Except the reunion will last for over a decade... yeah that's very unlikely.

For Axl the reunion will be it for him. I don't think his voice has held up as well as he'd like and honestly the guy hasn't been interested in creating music in over a decade.

Slash will be playing until he dies and Duff will keep making small projects and guest appearances.

I think it's the right way to go out for Axl. Maybe part of the reason he's not creating music anymore is he doesn't trust his vocals.

• Like 1

For Axl the reunion will be it for him. I don't think his voice has held up as well as he'd like and honestly the guy hasn't been interested in creating music in over a decade.

Slash will be playing until he dies and Duff will keep making small projects and guest appearances.

I think it's the right way to go out for Axl. Maybe part of the reason he's not creating music anymore is he doesn't trust his vocals.

Don't create, but at least care to release the stuff which he supposedly recorded ages ago.....

Any facts to back up those statements about Axl?

He can always get it back, just as he did in 2006 and 2010. I think he wont be that stupid to show up to the reunion singing like fucking mickey.

He must be getting fit and training his voice if a reunion is happening next year..

He hired Bach's vocal trainer before the 2006 tour, so its nothing out of this world what im saying

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Any facts to back up those statements about Axl?

Those aren't "statements", they're opinions. Note the use of phrases "I think..." and "Maybe..."

I get that you're a big Axl fan, but there's no need to attempt to bait people into an argument just because their opinion differs from yours.

• Like 1

Rockavaria (who are on the very strong rumours list for GnR shows) were due a headliner announcement this week, but have pushed it back till next week now.

I can't think of too many bands who would require an announcement being pushed back. Certainly not a current active touring band anyway.

U2 - Rarely play festivals. Certainly not rumoured for any in 2016.

Rolling Stones - Rarely play festivals. Not rumoured for any in 2016. Don't even think they're touring in 2016.

Page/Plant - This is even more dreamland than a Guns n Roses reunion right now, but I like your thinking.

Kiss - Doubt they'd warrant a push back in announcement. They are doing festivals though in Europe around June so it's a possibility. Already announced for a couple so even more unlikely that they'd push back an announcement.

Metallica - Play festivals all the time. Don't think an announcement date has ever been changed last minute when they've been the announcement. Not rumoured for European festivals as far as I'm aware

Paul McCartney - Same as Stones/U2.

Eagles - Same as McCartney

Bon Jovi - Currently not on tour and is apparently on hiatus. Don't expect any shows in 2016.

Bruce Springsteen - Same as Eagles.

Pearl Jam - Are in Europe in June/July and due an announcement soon, so could be possible.

Muse - Doing European arena tour in May/June. Possible, but I'd say unlikely they're doing festivals.

Coldplay - Certainly rumoured for Glastonbury and Rock Werchter, so possible.

Just off the top of my head those are all bands that outdraw Axl's last couple of visions of GnR.

The one thing which can reunite them is the thing which got them together in the first place, Drugs..........Oh I mean Music.

Replied to those in red. I get what you're saying, but there's only 2 or 3 on that list that I think are possible at this stage of European festival schedules and announcements.

For what it's worth, I heard a couple weeks ago a UK fest had been in discussions. That UK fest has an announcement early next week now. It's not a festival they've played before in the UK.

It very well could be someone else getting announced (still a red headed lead singer, funnily enough), but it's definitely a chance it's GnR.

Rolling Stones - Rarely play festivals. Not rumoured for any in 2016. Don't even think they're touring in 2016.

Page/Plant - This is even more dreamland than a Guns n Roses reunion right now, but I like your thinking.

Kiss - Doubt they'd warrant a push back in announcement. They are doing festivals though in Europe around June so it's a possibility. Already announced for a couple so even more unlikely that they'd push back an announcement.

Metallica - Play festivals all the time. Don't think an announcement date has ever been changed last minute when they've been the announcement. Not rumoured for European festivals as far as I'm aware

Bon Jovi - Currently not on tour and is apparently on hiatus. Don't expect any shows in 2016.

Pearl Jam - Are in Europe in June/July and due an announcement soon, so could be possible.

Muse - Doing European arena tour in May/June. Possible, but I'd say unlikely they're doing festivals.

Replied to those in red. I get what you're saying, but there's only 2 or 3 on that list that I think are possible at this stage of European festival schedules and announcements.

Actually, the Stones are coming to my country in 2016. Three or four shows.

@Edit

Just saw, they are touring through SA and Mexico.

Edited by Duwz

Actually, the Stones are coming to my country in 2016. Three or four shows.

@Edit

Just saw, they are touring through SA and Mexico.

Stand corrected. Feb/March, so possible they could be in Europe June/July. Good spot.

Mind you Axl is probably sitting here saying to himself why bother? Whatever I do isn't going to make you happy.

I agree. I saw GNR 3 times and Axl kicked butt all those times.

Yeah, he's not 25 anymore, but he puts his heart and soul into putting on a very good show. All those times, Axl was energetic and looked like he was having fun! Isn't that part of the concert experience? I mean some singers can't sing as well as they used to, but at least Axl tries and the crowd loves him for it!

Dang!!!! Thumbs up for knowing what is going on in the rock music world. That's impressive.

More than likely it is GnR. We are all just waiting to hear. Neither yes or no!

Here is a question.

If Slash doesn't come back. Does. GnR with Duff still equal a band that every festival in the world wants? IE - without Slash are we still talking about all this?

A good old fashion countdown timer on GNR's website, and right when it gets to zero, just as you think there's gonna be some cool video or awesome website redesign, all it says is "we're reunited".

The way to do it GNR-style is just to put up a giant "COMING SOON", then nothing happens for 10 years.

• Like 1

The Rolling Stones are touring, they will play South America in March.

Regardless, they don't really do festivals, do they?

More recently in fact: Pinkpop and TW Classic, low countries 2014, and Glastonbury 2013. Traditionally though they tended to shy aware from festivals because they could do their own gigantic thing.

A good old fashion countdown timer on GNR's website, and right when it gets to zero, just as you think there's gonna be some cool video or awesome website redesign, all it says is "we're reunited".

The way to do it GNR-style is just to put up a giant "COMING SOON", then nothing happens for 10 years.

I agree. Hell even a picture of axl slash and duff together embracing would blow people's minds

Didn't that one user claim his dad heard on Irish radio that tickets for a gig at an arena there would be on sale today? (It's passed midnight where i am)

It could kinda make sense for them to wait til right after thanksgiving to announce all this...maybe today's the day. My gut tells me otherwise, but I figured I might as well call it just in case it does surprisingly turn out to be today lol

Well fuck, that was me :lol: Another user kindly pointed out that what my dad heard on the radio was the Stone Roses... close enough, but not quite! :P

Dang!!!! Thumbs up for knowing what is going on in the rock music world. That's impressive.

More than likely it is GnR. We are all just waiting to hear. Neither yes or no!

Here is a question.

If Slash doesn't come back. Does. GnR with Duff still equal a band that every festival in the world wants? IE - without Slash are we still talking about all this?

I think some mainland Europe festivals would likely still book them in their most recent guise, or even with Duff. Certainly the Rock in Lisboa event considering their good working relationship. Not sure their reputation in mainland Europe is as soured as it is in the UK.

As for UK festivals, I doubt it. Melvin Benn (Reading and Leeds booker) has said he will never book them again after 2010, at least in their most recent format.. And their UK tour in 2010 sold so badly I doubt it would encourage festival bookers that they'd be a major draw on tickets.

Slash and Axl on stage together though is money. That's what your casual, top shop GnR tshirt buying "Sweet Child O'Mine" fan wants to see. Any promoter in the UK would love to have those 2 on stage together. That day at the festival would be practically an instant sell out.

Also, not sure if that commending of my knowledge is sarcasm or not :lol: I'll take it as hopefully not haha. I work in the live music industry, so usually have a fairly decent idea of what's going on, at least in Europe.

The Rolling Stones are touring, they will play South America in March.

Regardless, they don't really do festivals, do they?

More recently in fact: Pinkpop and TW Classic, low countries 2014, and Glastonbury 2013. Traditionally though they tended to shy aware from festivals because they could do their own gigantic thing.

Glastonbury set was superb. Pinkpop left me a little bit disappointed in comparison but was still impressive for a bunch of nearly 70 year olds.