Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

But isn't this like the reality of entertainment nowadays? Everything is sponsored and endorsed and marketed

Pretty much. I don't hold it against Duff - he's a good businessman. That said, his branding around "punk" makes it unintentionally funny and cringe inducing. He's about as punk as Dave Grohl these days.

Edited by RONIN
  • Sad 1

After listening to the Appetite For Distortion podcast with Niven recently I can imagine Niven calling up Duff and giving him a stern talking to about the importance of not 'advocating for the devil' on the "follow me to hell" shirt. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RONIN said:

Pretty much. I don't hold it against Duff - he's a good businessman. That said, his branding around "punk" makes it unintentionally funny and cringe inducing. He's about as punk as Dave Grohl these days.

Yep it makes grohl a complete douch for the was nirvana made fun of GNR in the early 90"s. Guns may have been dinosaur rock to them but foo fighters are classified as "dad rock" nowdays.

How much money do they - the three - actually want? Surely they already have enough a hundredfold?

I actually think I respect Guns a lot less than Kiss. At least Kiss never pretended to be anything other than highly corporate and material driven. At least Kiss never intended to be this attitude/anti-establishment thing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How much money do they - the three - actually want? Surely they already have enough a hundredfold?

I actually think I respect Guns a lot less than Kiss. At least Kiss never pretended to be anything other than highly corporate and material driven. At least Kiss never intended to be this attitude/anti-establishment thing. 

Mostly I agree with this. But I also hold onto the notion that the 3 are all in recovery from either addiction or mental heath struggles. These issues caused them to loose out on a cash sum that likely would've equalled this haul over the normal course of what could have been GNRs career together. I sometimes wonder if getting back their lost cash is a part of the healing and closure? Sounds odd to us mere humans, but for them it might make perfect sense to reclaim that aspect of what they lost to madness as well?

That said, they could set out to do that and still turn down the pitch for GNR travel bags and such.

Edited by soon

2 hours ago, soon said:

After listening to the Appetite For Distortion podcast with Niven recently I can imagine Niven calling up Duff and giving him a stern talking to about the importance of not 'advocating for the devil' on the "follow me to hell" shirt. :lol:

He look like these religious fanatic that always talk about the devil and the hell👹 very weird to man wich is profession is rock n roll music😈

1 hour ago, soon said:

Mostly I agree with this. But I also hold onto the notion that the 3 are all in recovery from either addiction or mental heath struggles. These issues caused them to loose out on a cash sum that likely would've equalled this haul over the normal course of what could have been GNRs career together. I sometimes wonder if getting back their lost cash is a part of the healing and closure? Sounds odd to us mere humans, but for them it might make perfect sense to reclaim that aspect of what they lost to madness as well?

That said, they could set out to do that and still turn down the pitch for GNR travel bags and such.

Something really annoys me with this band. It is rather like every single thing they seemingly stood for, or certainly made a big play on the fact (that they stood for such), they have done a complete volte-face on. Remember,

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
While they be payin' their hard earned money to read about the bands they want to know about

Remember when they said that you could buy one part of Illusion and your friend can buy the other part, and you could each tape your part for the other friend (Geffen must have hated this!)?

Remember,

Was this band replaced at some point with Kiss? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Ratam said:

He look like these religious fanatic that always talk about the devil and the hell👹 very weird to man wich is profession is rock n roll music😈

I think he is some sorta white witch, maybe? Perhaps Wiccan with a heavy dose of Esotericism? All that is well represented in rock culture with Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, Rainbow, etc. But Niven's taken it to a whole other extreme!

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Something really annoys me with this band. It is rather like every single thing they seemingly stood for, or certainly made a big play on the fact (that they stood for such), they have done a complete volte-face on. Remember,

Remember when they said that you could buy one part of Illusion and your friend can buy the other part, and you could each tape your part for the other friend (Geffen must have hated this!)?

Remember,

Was this band replaced at some point with Kiss? 

I remember one long rant by Axl back in the day on how it hurt him to hear one of his favourite songs in a commercial and how he wants somebody to shoot him if he ever does something like this :lol:

• Like 1