The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Do you guys think Axl would be willing to give away hard-earned power over GN'R by letting Slash in on more or less equal terms? No? Neither do I. But do you think Slash would be willing to join GN'R on anything but terms that would allow him to be more than just another band mate having to accept Axl's decisions? No again? Same here. This can't be resolved. I don't see a reunion with more than a few shows happening, at all.

I don't know the ins an out of these types of things but i don't see Axl as a greedy person so if the money was right would it matter who owned what? Also everyone is older and wiser than when they were kids, probably more reasonable. I'm sure Slash already gets a cut on some gnr buisness even when he's not in the band.

He doesn't need to be though does he, he's got the signatures.

Of course it is an ''admittance of failure''. Remember all that ''playing the fuck out of the old songs''? Remember this,

The only reason...to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.
  • Like 2

I agree that nu gnr hasn't been a huge success, but disagree that reuniting gnr means he has to admit it was failure.

I think, unconsciously, yes. Again, he would rather put the name to rest than sharing it with Slash. Slash would never be Axl's employee and Axl would never lose the power he has gained when the others signed the name over to him.

I wouldn't think of it as an employee but more of a business partnership with certain terms that were drawn up. Would it be a 50/50 type deal? of course not. He said the ball was in slash's court years ago, he wanted slash to play on CD, he said if there was a reunion it "could only be slash and duff". NO way he's cutting them in on the name but it doesn't mean they couldn't be compensated properly an make it work.

Do you guys think Axl would be willing to give away hard-earned power over GN'R by letting Slash in on more or less equal terms? No? Neither do I. But do you think Slash would be willing to join GN'R on anything but terms that would allow him to be more than just another band mate having to accept Axl's decisions? No again? Same here. This can't be resolved. I don't see a reunion with more than a few shows happening, at all.

That is the biggest problem for sure! I definitely can't see Axl giving away the power over GNR. If a reunion happens, it would mean that Slash would be just a band mate having to accept Axl's decisions. I don't know if that could ever happen. He did give Axl the rights to the name though and he didn't leave the band immediately after. I don't think it's completely impossible that Slash could join the band with Axl's terms.

There is a differece between 'reuniting being a failure considering what Axl has attempted to do these years', and claiming that 'what he has done has been a failure'.

Reuniting with ''Cancer''? Mr ''I think I am Guns N' Roses by myself'' Rose, reuniting with Slash.

And the new era has been an absolute fuckin disaster no matter how much you care to spin it.

• Like 2

There is a differece between 'reuniting being a failure considering what Axl has attempted to do these years', and claiming that 'what he has done has been a failure'.

Reuniting with ''Cancer''? Mr ''I think I am Guns N' Roses by myself'' Rose, reuniting with Slash.

And the new era has been an absolute fuckin disaster no matter how much you care to spin it.

Something is in the works, we can speculate all we want but there's too much evidence to deny it.

Of course it was a failure... beside us, nobody cared because there was nothing to care about : no music and no effort from Axl to turn his band into a cohesive unit.

It had great potential but Axl chose to waste it, whether he wants to admit it or not...

Which is why he should've done it under a different name. No pressure to make it "sound" like GnR, so the record probably woulda come out sooner with more to follow, thus encouraging people like Finck and Bucket to stay to make it a "unit."

Sure, they woulda not sold many album copies, and would've had to settle for playing small venues right at the beginning without the GNR name to give them those perks, but if the music was good enough they woulda been able to build it up over time.

Maybe Axl saw it differently tho, but oh well. No sense dwelling on it now cause it's all in the past. NuGnR may not have been what it was supposed to be, but there were still a few benefits here and there. Definitely time to move on from it now, tho

Edited by rocknroll41

The only way a reunion gig could be a success in my eyes, or worth paying to see would be a total fuck up...Stevie Adler turning up all cracked out, filling every silence with 'see Axl? see? if you could've just done this 15 years ago!', Izzy being disinterested, Slash getting too excited at the attention and banging out a bunch of Oxycontin before the show, Axl having sound troubles which is really more to do with hearing his own horrible screech through the monitors and Duff in the middle like a black belt geography teacher going 'guys, guys, guys, lets just simmer down!' Axl losing his rag and wrestling Slash, Stevie knocking himself out, Duff finally having enough, getting in the middle and kicking the fuck out of all of them with his Tae Kwon Do skills and Izzy just watching the whole calamity, leaning against a Marshall amp and lazily strumming away. Then the stage collapses.

THAT I'd pay to see! All those years of aggression descending into a good old fashioned brawl. I mean after all the animosty, all the attacks, wouldn't it be good to see a good old fashioned brawl between them all? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

The only way a reunion gig could be a success in my eyes, or worth paying to see would be a total fuck up...Stevie Adler turning up all cracked out, filling every silence with 'see Axl? see? if you could've just done this 15 years ago!', Izzy being disinterested, Slash getting too excited at the attention and banging out a bunch of Oxycontin before the show, Axl having sound troubles which is really more to do with hearing his own horrible screech through the monitors and Duff in the middle like a black belt geography teacher going 'guys, guys, guys, lets just simmer down!' Axl losing his rag and wrestling Slash, Stevie knocking himself out, Duff finally having enough, getting in the middle and kicking the fuck out of all of them with his Tae Kwon Do skills and Izzy just watching the whole calamity, leaning against a Marshall amp and lazily strumming away. Then the stage collapses.

THAT I'd pay to see! All those years of aggression descending into a good old fashioned brawl. I mean after all the animosty, all the attacks, wouldn't it be good to see a good old fashioned brawl between them all? :lol:

fricken royal rumble lol.

seriously, you're not going if anything does come to fruition?

fricken royal rumble lol.

seriously, you're not going if anything does come to fruition?

Nah, don't really crank my cock anymore. I'd rather go see the football. Plus I promised myself I wouldn't go to another GnR gig after 06. Like the man said I'm gonna be late regardless, you don't have to come if you dont want to but thats what you're gonna get, regardless, I'm too old and i have too much self respect to stand in a sweat pit for 100 pounds a pop waiting for two and a half hours while fatty has his rib eye steak, I'm a grown fuckin' man not a teenage girl in love with a poster.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

That was interesting at least. GNR was all about fuckups, now we get something different. Is that different any good at this point? Bucket in GNR was pretty fucked up situation, i like it.

While I'm certainly not expecting 1992 types of performances or even "magic", I do think some of you are selling this a little short. When Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy are together they make magic, they always have. Outside of a very few (like 3) songs, they have always managed to create some very interesting music. i for one, have to believe a new album made by these guys would and could be very very good, if not great. Would it be better than Appetite? No. But it could VERY EASILY be better than anything else any of them have done since the illusions. Ask yourself that, as a fan. Would you be happy as a guns n roses fan if you got the best album any of these men have made since 1992? I don't know about you, but id take that.

As for performing live, even on bad nights, they had a certain can't look away appeal to them. Yes we need to have certain realizations reguarding them now. SCOM and YCBM will both be hit or miss, but probably more miss than hit. Paradise City will not be one of the stronger songs (but imo that has more to do with it being the closer as opposed to Axl's actual ability, he is just spent by that time). On the other hand; jungle, easy, brownstone, and most of the rest of the Appetite songs will be strong and will sound better than they have since 1993. I think we have to take the good with the bad. But having said that, only a damn fool (or idiot) thinks jungle and most of the other appetite songs were better with Myles or assba. I honestly believe that as soon as they start playing Jungle, it will be the coolest rock and roll moment of the last 25 years. So to answer your questions, would I want to see these guys play a bunch of song they wrote 30 years ago? Hell yes!!! Jungle alone will be worth the price of admission.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Stay of Execution is a pretty cool and relevant album title, don't you think?

Nah that title never made any sense to me. My top 5 album title choices would be:

Not in This Lifetime

Soon (is the Word)

This Can Only Mean One Thing

No News (is Good News)

Read Between the Lines

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

One of the things I've always admired about Morrissey was his adamant stance against reuniting The Smiths and pushing forward artistically as a solo artist, despite many lucrative offers to get back with the old band. I used to admire Axl for the same reason, until it became abundantly clear about five years ago that he was done artistically with the old band and was merely trotting out the travelling karaoke circus act on auto-pilot for some loose pocket change. That was when I lost any remaining respect I had for the man.

Unlike Len, I will pay to see a reunion, for shits and giggles and just to witness the spectacle of the whole thing. But it's a complete and utter sell-out from both Axl and Slash. What irks me is, you just know when it does happen they'll spin some bullshit line about "doing it for the right reasons" whilst cashing in their multi-million dollar advances. Now if they had spent the last 12 months secretly recording a new album, released it for free on iTunes and played a handful of small club gigs to debut the new material and chuck in a few oldies then I would believe they were doing it for the right reasons. But we all know that if and when this does happen, it's going to be more corporate and soulless than a Big Mac happy meal.

Edited by Towelie

Of course it is an ''admittance of failure''. Remember all that ''playing the fuck out of the old songs''? Remember this,

The only reason...to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

Between these "efforts" and all the seriously thinking about all the future releases or whatever when does this poor guy find time to sleep?? :mellow:

This.

Thanks for sharing. :)

So I'm wondering...When Duff's wife posted a pic of the original GNR lineup on November 1st, with the caption "November 1st afterall..." were they previously told that come November they could talk about it? As in, that's when the official announcement would be made? Would make sense that in typical GNR fashion, the announcement has been delayed a bit.

Just spitballin'...

Edited by sofine11