BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

STP was one of my favorite bands in high school, and Contraband and his solo album 12 Bar Blues all have special places in my library too. I can't say I didn't expect this, but it did seem like he was at least doing a little better recently. Thanks for all the music, Scott, RIP.

• Like 1

STP was one of my favorite bands in high school, and Contraband and his solo album 12 Bar Blues all have special places in my library too. I can't say I didn't expect this, but it did seem like he was at least doing a little better recently. Thanks for all the music, Scott, RIP.

STP was not STP without Scott. Lost too many great front men like Layne and Kurt from that era. Now Scott.

Hopefully this will open the eyes of some and make them realize how precious life and the time we have here are.

I am absolutely stunned. Not because it was a surprise, obviously, but.... Just didn't see this coming. Not like this. Not now. Just a kick in the gut.

Fuck a VR reunion - I was holding out hope that he'd bury the hatchet and go one more round with STP. To end like this, with so many loose ends left untied....fuck.

Thoughts and prayers, meaningless though they are, to his family, his friends, his band mates.... Goddamn.

• Like 1

STP pre-Thank You/Greatest Hits were incredible. Family Values Tour 2001 was my first time seeing them, great show. One of my favorite concerts ever was STP's 2002, in a small-ish venue. I was up close to the rail, and Scott just ruled the stage. Seeing that band with that energy in an intimate setting was unrivaled. I got into them as Sour Girl was getting played on the radio. I really dug No 4 and Shangri-La Dee Da.

I skipped my junior prom to go see Velvet Revolver in 2005 - worth it. Scott and Slash did Wish You Were Here - amazing. And yeah I really dug his It's So Easy. VR actually replaced Maiden on the Ozzfest show I went to that year too. Fun times.

I was at a Tampa stop on STP's "reunion" tour in 2008...and the band never played. I left the venue saying "f that junkie" out of bitterness.

I laat saw STP/Scott two years later. Scott had less energy, seemed mellowed out. I had hoped it was part of him being sober.

Tonight I'm just really sad.

Not really surprised as he seemed to have hit rock bottom during this tour but still fucking sad to hear this and that he couldn't win against his demons... :(

Seeing "that" video from early on in the tour, I'm not all that surprised. Still, crazy to hear. Some guys are so synonymous with surviving drug use it's weird to see when they finally succumb. It'd be like Robert Downey Jr going down or something. Though it's pretty obvious he's staying clean.

• Like 1

fucking just found out right now

never been a big fan but somehow i feel fucking sad...

Besides huge STP fans, he's definitely a person you think "well why would I care at all when he dies?" yet somehow this is very very sad. Definitely didn't think I'd feel this way either, but also didn't think it would happen for another 20 years. Figured by the time you're almost 50 you've hopefully beat the shit.