BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

So incredibly sad. I woke up hoping for totally different (and good) news, and this slapped me awake.

In the beginning, I wasn't much of a fan, because it was hard to tell who was going to be good or bad in the 90's world of broken-jaw grunge singing. But damn if he and STP didn't go on to release completely different and increasingly complex albums as they went on. And VR's Contraband was a totally kickass album. Scott's voice was really good, and I always hoped he's pull out of his tailspin. It always seems like there's time, but then something like this happens, and you realize that there really isn't - it can all be gone forever in a snap.

RIP, Scott.

• Like 1

I was never a STP Fan growing up, neither disliked or liked their music, their stuff just flew under the radar to me, but when Scott joined VR I grew to appreciate his STP work and like songs like "Sex Type Thing" and "Vasoline" and realized it was on Gran Tourismo 2 racing game and if it were not for those 3 guys from Guns N' Roses I may never have had the outlet to hear Scotts music none the less appreciate his music.

I'm sad about his passing and always hoped they'd do a mini VR tour again with him for old time sake and that he'd straighten his life out and right the STP ship, but now I just hope he's good with God and got everything he desired out of life or at least most of it.

Edited by RussTCB

Drugs and alcohol can really fuck up someones life if they can't control themselves. My dad died from liver cancer caused by alcoholism. My uncle died from kidney failure caused from years of drug use.

It can take down the strongest of people.... I grew up with my dad going months without drinking and then for whatever reason saying fuck it and downing 2 dozen beers in a day. It's sad how great people can be taken down the wrong path.

i'm sorry to hear that man... I know where you Come from tho as i sometimes fear for my dad as well as he is a heavy drinker.. Tough times it are

Not something to be proud of, but ever since that cover article he did for Spin a few years back after the dissolution of STP, I have been saying that if he didn't clean his act up he'd soon be dead. That horrible depressing video of him mumbling his way through a solo show recently should have set off red flags to those close to him. Addiction killed his brother and now it has killed him too. It's sad.

This account has videos from his final concert 12/2 in Toronto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUnWvG8ohQ

That's actually one of the better performances I've seen from him in years, followed the day after with his death...!? I know it probably was drugs, but it would be nice for him to have been clean at the time so he isn't remembered for overdosing. Sad news!

It was weird getting the posting from him yesterday afternoon and a few hours later, Dave Navarro and flurry of reports started popping up about his death. His body might have just called it a day in the middle of his sleep and people do have heart attacks in their 40s, even people who seemed to be healthy. Just have to wait for the actual cause and not speculate.

This also happened on a tour bus, 20 years ago but too damn young.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6737381/blind-melon-shannon-hoon-death

RIP