BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

Damn I was listening to Big Bang Baby and while I always groove out to that song it has this somber tone to it. Does anyone else have the same thing where it just feels so strange to listen to the songs of an artist who just recently passed away?

It just sucks so much that the voice behind those amazing songs is permanently gone, I am still really bummed out

Damn I was listening to Big Bang Baby and while I always groove out to that song it has this somber tone to it. Does anyone else have the same thing where it just feels so strange to listen to the songs of an artist who just recently passed away?

It just sucks so much that the voice behind those amazing songs is permanently gone, I am still really bummed out

I listened to nothing but STP on my commute to and from work today - it was tough. All these amazing songs, and knowing for an absolute fact I wouldn't never see him perform any of them live again :(

I was PM-ing with Gunsguy earlier today about it, I told him I don't think I've ever been hit this hard by a celebrity death.

Spinning Blaster right now. What a solid album.

Contraband on deck. Tears will happen by Loving The Alien due to the situation, the song and the whiskey.

Blaster is fucking great - about as good a Swan Song album you'll find.

• Like 2

Found myself going back and listening to Contraband for the first time in a while and it is a really really good record.

There are more than a few gems on there. Those guys caught lighting in a bottle on it, and it was a massive shot in the arm for all of them to leave the shadow of their previous bands and stand on their own.

Didn't like his singing style initially, but it grew on me over time, and made me started to listen more of VR within the past few months, as well as Art of Anarchy. I can still remember when I was back at work alone on a Saturday last year, was browsing on VR's Spotify page, and The Last Fight caught my attention. That was how Scott's voice was first made known to me.

Very sad news. R.I.P.

Edited by Rapidfire

I will say that Stone Temple Pilots is the only grunge music I voluntarily listen to from time to time. And as others have said, it is very odd listening to his music today with new ears. Someone said they wished VR had released a third album. I do, too. It never really felt like VR came to completion. It never felt like they had said all that they had to say in their music. We needed, and they needed, one more. I wish they had that. For a long while I believed they were just on hiatus, but after Slash's like 8th solo album that as far as I can tell nobody really listened to, it was obvious they were done.

• Like 1