BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

I sucks when there might be another person involved and they don't come forward to help.

After Janie Lane of Warrant was found dead in a hotel room of alcohol poisoning there was supposed to have been someone there at the time, but I'm not sure if he ever came forward.

I understand you are scared, but if this person is your friend you need to come forward and help the police.

Too many loses to drugs and alcohol. It sucks.

It's only in rare instances I recommend a best of album, but really in STP's case they really were so eclectic, in checking out just one album you would miss out on everything else they were about. Some band there's that one album that just about covers the gambit but not in STP's case. Gun to my head, pick an album I'd say Purple is a good one to ease your way into them. I feel if you listen to just core, you'll get the wrong impression of them.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 4

I just read that Robert DeLeo was arrested regarding Scott's death. And they they found coke on him as well as near Scott. :(

No, the bassist for the Wildabouts was arrested for possession of coke. Not Rob DeLeo :lol:

'Bandlid The Wildabouts gearresteerd na dood Scott Weiland' http://nu.nl/achterklap/4177546/bandlid-the-wildabouts-gearresteerd-dood-scott-weiland.html (via @NUnl)

I now get the confusion - This Dutch website says Robert IS the bassist of the Wildabouts. :P

And that's one of the biggest news sites in the country.

The beginning of the article translates as:

"Bassist Robert DeLeo of the band The Wildabouts has been arrested in connection with the investigation surrounding the death of frontman Scott Weiland. The band member was in possession of cocaine."

They continue to say:

"The other band members, along with bassist, wrote a letter of thanks to the singer. "Let us start by thanking you for sharing your life with us," said Robert DeLeo, drummer Eric Kretz and guitarist Dean DeLeo their letter, they put on Facebook. "Together we have created music that many people joy and happy memories has given"."

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Damn...

He seems a bit detached in that interview, but otherwise looks fine to me. Saw him live many times, it's surreal to think he's actually gone. I'm so bummed about his passing. And hearing he would have been open to a VR reunion makes me feel even sadder. He had a brilliant career and accomplished so much, but he left this world too soon, and I know there could have been so much more.

he had been open for awhile now...it would have never happened though

Yeah, it just feels sadder hearing it 2 days before he dies.

And I would never say never. Especially on this forum.

I just read that Robert DeLeo was arrested regarding Scott's death. And they they found coke on him as well as near Scott. :(

No, the bassist for the Wildabouts was arrested for possession of coke. Not Rob DeLeo :lol:

'Bandlid The Wildabouts gearresteerd na dood Scott Weiland' http://nu.nl/achterklap/4177546/bandlid-the-wildabouts-gearresteerd-dood-scott-weiland.html (via @NUnl)

I now get the confusion - This Dutch website says Robert IS the bassist of the Wildabouts. :P

"Bassist Robert DeLeo of the band The Wildabouts has been arrested in connection with the investigation surrounding the death of frontman Scott Weiland. The band member was in possession of cocaine."

They continue to say:

"The other band members, along with bassist, wrote a letter of thanks to the singer. "Let us start by thanking you for sharing your life with us," said Robert DeLeo, drummer Eric Kretz and guitarist Dean DeLeo their letter, they put on Facebook. "Together we have created music that many people joy and happy memories has given"."

Someone forgot to check their facts there :lol:

Its a long shot, but I doubt anyone has torrents from VR in the summer of 2007. I think that was their peak. Saw them at PNC in August of that month (think it was like the 14th or something), and it was still the best show I've ever seen. Would love to relive it.

Just tried to show my dad the opening of that show, with Slash behind that curtain looking like a giant. One of the coolest things I'd ever seen. Unfortunately non of the Youtubes really do it justice, but that was a really awesome leg of the tour. They really meant it and seemed like they were destined for big things. I also like how they didn't shoot right into arenas. They were openers for people, they played clubs and ballrooms, then amphitheaters. Maybe they couldn't do bigger than that, but I always thought with the star power they probably could and chose to build up the right way.

They continue to say:

Christ reading that made my eyes bleed..Why would you even go to that site?, you know it's a gossip page just as bad as the telegraaf right?

As for scott I'll definitely miss the guy even though I never really got into STP before he joined velvet revolver but him joining got me interested in his other work and I must say he was quite an artist and one hell of frontman!

Damn man. You just alerted me to Janie Lane being dead. Seriously. I tried avoiding glam but i thought he was doing ok a few years ago.

Lol yeah he's been dead for awhile. Actually quite sad too, but an even lesser band (to most) so it made a small impact. From his interviews right before his death, he did finally seem content. Sad to see he died like less than a month after becoming productive again.

Its a long shot, but I doubt anyone has torrents from VR in the summer of 2007. I think that was their peak. Saw them at PNC in August of that month (think it was like the 14th or something), and it was still the best show I've ever seen. Would love to relive it.

Just tried to show my dad the opening of that show, with Slash behind that curtain looking like a giant. One of the coolest things I'd ever seen. Unfortunately non of the Youtubes really do it justice, but that was a really awesome leg of the tour. They really meant it and seemed like they were destined for big things. I also like how they didn't shoot right into arenas. They were openers for people, they played clubs and ballrooms, then amphitheaters. Maybe they couldn't do bigger than that, but I always thought with the star power they probably could and chose to build up the right way.

I think the PNC video got reseeded on Dime yesterday - I could be wrong though. I plan on reseeding the Darien Lake 2007 show as well, that was my first time seeing Scott. You're spot on, he was absolutely on fire in 2007.

EDIT: It was the Trenton 2007 video that got reseeded, not PNC.

Terrible terrible loss.

Talented musician, intelligent man and amazing singer.

The world lost a great one - way before his time.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. :(

Agreed. Absolutely tragic.

My first real experience of GN'R was VR playing 'It's So Easy' live and he made it his own. Why he could never kick his drug habit remains one of life's great mysteries; like are we alone in this universe? Or what need is there for Chris Pitman to have a keyboard on a slinky?

My cousin met Scott in a hospital where her daughter was admitted and later passed. They talked for a bit. She doesn't remember much else because she was consumed with grief. This was back in 2000.

I think he was there because of his daughter was having asthma problems.

VR killed 2007. I have a few festival recordings, PM me if you want them.

If anyone has or can get may 22, 2005 in Charlotte NC with VR, I'd love you forever. That was my first big rock concert.

I'm devastated. I feel really lame for it, and I'm not handling it like an adult, but fuck. This sucks.

Being human and having human feelings ain't nothing to feel lame about ;)