BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

Maybe I'm behind the times but DJs hash tags pass me off. What the fuck

yeah i cringed when i seen his tweet...like really dude?

I saw the tweet itself before seeing who it was from and when I saw all those hashtags I was like "wtf? Who the hell is this from?" And then I saw it was from Dj and went "oh, of course..."

What STP album should I check out?

I'd check out their debut album "Core" and their second album "Purple" both excellent albums

Core is probably the best album, but the Thank you compilation is probably the best place to start for a taster of all their stuff.

Also, the people posting about blaming STP and VR for ditching Scott? laughable, Duff did his best with that guy, and I'm sure STP tried to reach him too... you have to want to get better (and he did for a while), which I know is a cliched line... but it's true. Scotts death is sad, and unfortunate but my opinion on his firings from VR and STP stand, they made the right decisions; I guarantee most people here agreed with that two days ago (not to sound too heartless).

I'd check out their debut album "Core" and their second album "Purple" both excellent albums

Core is probably the best album, but the Thank you compilation is probably the best place to start for a taster of all their stuff.

Also, the people posting about blaming STP and VR for ditching Scott? laughable, Duff did his best with that guy, and I'm sure STP tried to reach him too... you have to want to get better (and he did for a while), which I know is a cliched line... but it's true. Scotts death is sad, and unfortunate but my opinion on his firings from VR and STP stand, they made the right decisions; I guarantee most people here agreed with that two days ago (not to sound too heartless).

I agree that it's best to start with the Thank You compilation. I listened to it yesterday and it blew my mind! I had forgotten how good some of those songs actually were...

Couldn't disagree more. Core is probably my fourth favorite of their albums - I rank Purple, Tiny Music, and Shangri-La Dee Da ahead of it.

But I agree Thank You is probably a good starting point.

Interview backstage before his final show in Toronto:

He looks better there then in some other recent videos. But can't help noticing that the left side of his mouth is drooping. Like his had a stroke or something. Could be a side effect of some relaxant too. Too bad we'll never hear him sing John Lennon's Merry XMas, which he was talking about there.

R.I.P. Scott. Thanks for all the great music.

Since people are posting bootlegs...

If anyone has any bootlegs of the following VR shows, please share:

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena 15th January 2005

Glasgow S.E.C.C. 10th June 2007

Newcastle Carling Academy 18th March 2008

I also saw them at Live 8 but I have that performance.

I am sure that 2005 Newcastle show exists as a bootleg. Anyway would be extremely grateful if anyone could share any of those three if they exist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUpmegV_SE

Damn...

He seems a bit detached in that interview, but otherwise looks fine to me. Saw him live many times, it's surreal to think he's actually gone. I'm so bummed about his passing. And hearing he would have been open to a VR reunion makes me feel even sadder. He had a brilliant career and accomplished so much, but he left this world too soon, and I know there could have been so much more.

• Like 2

Damn...

He seems a bit detached in that interview, but otherwise looks fine to me. Saw him live many times, it's surreal to think he's actually gone. I'm so bummed about his passing. And hearing he would have been open to a VR reunion makes me feel even sadder. He had a brilliant career and accomplished so much, but he left this world too soon, and I know there could have been so much more.

he had been open for awhile now...it would have never happened though

I still can't believe this. Like I said previously, I wasn't even a diehard STP fan but I knew what Scott's talent was. For some reason this celebrity death feels close to home.

Weiland 'last' interviews are like Christian relics; it turns out that St Augustine had two noses and three shin bones.

I was just thinking the same thing. It was the same thing when Paul Walker died. Suddenly everybody had some "last seen Paul Walker footage" going around.

Couldn't disagree more. Core is probably my fourth favorite of their albums - I rank Purple, Tiny Music, and Shangri-La Dee Da ahead of it.

But I agree Thank You is probably a good starting point.

73e6f4406062c6e5e7a630ea51e07b88.jpg

To be honest I'm not that well acquainted with the STP back catalogue. I know the best of and Core, when it gets to the albums after that I'm a little out of my element. I meant more best album to start off on, rather than 'The best album' RE: the later one's were a bit more experimental and less rock so maybe they wouldn't go over as well.

Edited by Tom2112