Bumblefoot shoots on GNR

I think it is still weird to see bumble having a hard time talking about it, i mean you see the struggle in his voice and expressions idk why that is... I'm glad he talked about it but the way he comes across it's almost like he left GNR on bad terms but he is just too much of a nice and good guy to spread hate or backfire at GN'R 

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Its pretty clear that it was Axl and hired employees. Like just look at Axl, Slash and Duff now, even after so many years apart they like love each other.

By looking at Rons expressions you can clearly tell that things were not good between him and the other band mates. 

But Im happy that he finally spoke up now

Duff and Slash are hired employees, they may "look" like they are liking each other, but I am pretty sure after the show is at an end they are doing barely any interaction with each other

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, k12 said:

Duff and Slash are hired employees, they may "look" like they are liking each other, but I am pretty sure after the show is at an end they are doing barely any interaction with each other

LOL.  OK boss.  You believe that.  What color is the sky in your world?  You think all those pics are faked for the camera?  Some kind of kinship has been reborn.  Guns is back. Oh- and Bumble was never in Guns n Roses.  Odd interview. It's like interviewing one of Taylor Swifts touring musicians "what was it like being in the band"....

• Like 2

Bumble is a great guy and very cool with his fans. The guy wanted to play music and release albums -- Axl didn't. So they didn't see eye to eye. And the band acted like dicks to him (Tommy Stinson has a rep for being a douche).

It's probably along the lines of how Bruce Kulick felt about leaving KISS before the reunion. 

3 hours ago, k12 said:

Maybe because the shows have been well-rehearsed, it might have taken the edge off a bit, but they could just go out and do a show, take your money, and do a half assed 90 minute show, but the audience is going to pick up on it. It's become about the catalog and the soundtrack to our lives, and the core members that made those songs being able to play them while they still can. 

It all seems obvious now...

Ron was a part of the NewGnR machine that would have been really hard to replace, talent wise.  Gashba was not.  If Ron had said he was leaving, the secret would have been out, Gashba left and it made no difference to the band whatsoever.  So a little gag order here and the secret is safe, viola!

Sure I don't know Ron ;)

It has to be said, of all the *hired-hand*, Ron appears to be the most genuine. It also has to be said, I think Ron knows, for the rest of time he will be asked about Axl Rose / Guns N'Roses, while it might irritate somewhat, I guess it gives him some needed media attention from time to time, which isn't a bad thing, if you have new material.

Buckethead appears to have taken an alternate route, and (as far as I know) says NOTHING on Gn'R. 

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

Out of speculation, I would say that Axl and Slash probably talked late 2013/early 2014. Stinson probably gave notice that he would be touring with the Replacements at this time. It would then lend credence to the fact that Bumblefoot knew that the reunion was going to happen since he left in June 2014.

It must be after Duff reconnected at least unless it's illuminati. 

1 minute ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Oh yes it was.  In every way.

If it wasn't such a failure, he'd still be doing it.

He is. Do they still have two keyboard players? Yes. Do they still play Chinese democracy songs? Yes. What did Axl say about new material? That duff and slash have heard some of the leftovers and might give their take. Did Axl fire the entire new lineup and bring back the old lineup? No, duff replaced Tommy Stinson and slash replaced bumble and ashba after they both quit. 

It absolutely didn't live up to expectations, nowheres near as close but, it wasn't a failure and Axl didn't throw the Chinese era away. 

• Like 1

So because he desperately clings to those songs and the 2 keyboard circus, the ChiDem era was not a failure ?

I can release an album tomorrow, hire 7 virtuosos and play the same songs for the next 15 years, my album (and my 'band') will still be a failure.

Nobody cared then and nobody cares now.

14 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

I think it is still weird to see bumble having a hard time talking about it, i mean you see the struggle in his voice and expressions idk why that is... I'm glad he talked about it but the way he comes across it's almost like he left GNR on bad terms but he is just too much of a nice and good guy to spread hate or backfire at GN'R 

Agreed. He definitely seems like he's holding back on something - trying to be diplomatic, and not to bash anyone, whilst still trying to give a straight answer. I think that's an admirable quality, he seems like a good guy, something negative obviously went down during his time with GNR, but he doesn't want to start shit off by talking bad about anyone. Interesting that he says 'everyone knew' about the reunion at the time he left. That's quite some time before the news came to the public.

Such a good guy, did so much to make a dysfunctional mess a band worth following. I don't think I'll ever forgive GN'R for letting him down.

I'll love the songs and the memories forevermore, but the band is dead to me now.

14 hours ago, k12 said:

It's more like they're all good businessmen at this point. Everybody knows to do what they're doing in this scale, they have to be all in. And they couldn't deliver the show they're delivering night after night, if they had no passion for it. You can't hire passion into someone who don't wanna be there. No matter the $$ figure.

Very non-descriptive answers by BBF, I wonder if he's choosing not to go deeper into the topic because of legal issues or just out of personal integrity. I guess it's probably a combo of both but great to see him still putting the fans first.

And yes, I do miss him in the current lineup and hope that he'll at least get invited back once for a live show like Finck.

Though, I more than like the band now, I kind of miss Ron in Gn'R. He was always seemed to be so enthusiastic about the band. He seemed like "The Duff of NuGnR", because he is a classy dude.

On July 7, 2016 at 7:20 AM, k12 said:

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0

• Like 2

On 7/7/2016 at 9:50 PM, k12 said:

Slash and Duff are "hired employees?" Please source that for us.

If you cannot, it may be beneficial to distinguish ownership of the brand (band) name from the business partnership entered into after Steven's firing and Izzy's buyout in '91. Unless you can cite the terms of that partnership agreement or whether those terms have been merged into a new partnership agreement, the default position should be that you (and others) are conflating brand ownership (what you and others appear to believe is a be-all and end-all "power") with the partnership agreement that governs their business entity.