"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 1/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, action said:

don't have totall recall

I'm missing some key schwarzenegger movies: total recall, kindergarten cop, and raw deal (which I never saw before)

Kindergarden Cop was awesome. I actually met Richard Tyson at a Texas horror convention. He plays the bad guy with the controlling mother. 

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I know of it. I'm too scared to watch it lol.

I liked this movie especially when she became a real witch. Might as well since her dumb family blamed her for the ills of their family. I would have chosen the same thing.

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

but you're the oldest goat. It's like a must watch for you. ;)

Not really that scary. I've seen worse. Watch Terrifier 1 and 2. lol It was so out there you have to laugh.

Also Heredity is a very weird movie that I still think about to this day. 

On 1/26/2023 at 12:23 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

" Men"

Okay I watched this movie and it was very confusing to me. Anyone see this movie? Could you please explain it?

I know the one actor played all the so called "men", but the last half hour was just too weird and I have no idea what it meant? 

Read online the meaning to this movie and it still weird.

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Welp! She ruined it. It's pointless now. I was just about to watch it too cause this shit don't phase me at all.

if you have a cool movie suggestion in the future, first check with @dontdamnmeuyi2015  to make sure she haven't seen it yet... like maybe I'm being petty here, but this is really annoying.

this is like the third time she does this. Was another time I asked her to edit her spoilers filled post and she just ignored me so I've erased my post to not upset her... it's not only the lack of self awareness, that's somewhat understandable cause she does her own thing, but it's being rude.

like a person asks you nicely to be more considerate while making a reasonable request after you spoiled it for more than one person multiple times and you don't give a shit.

I think she feels attacked or something even if it's a simple and non personal critic? who the fuck knows. Takes out all the fun from these threads for me.

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

In this specific example the silver lining is I probably wouldn't have watched it anyway. I'm not joking about being a pussy lol. I think I get too involved with film so I make the horror too real or something.

heh no, I don't think that makes you a pussy.  However, this does reminds me of my grandma. She was really into movies and she would get very invested, almost like it was happening to her irl. One time when I went to visit her, she got up to go to the kitchen in the middle of a movie right in the middle of a very riveting scene and she froze standing in front of the tv yelling "KNIFE! HE'S GOT A KNIFE!" so I get it. 

sometimes I get emotional if it's a good movie that I relate to.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Have you seen 'Ad Astra' starring Brad Pitt?

I did and the scenes with Tommy Lee Jones were great, the movie is good, I just didn't enjoy the tone and the pace. The only part I enjoyed is the last part of the film but again, I could tell it was a good movie, I think I just expected something different.

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I can relate quite a lot to the film so I found it sort of cathartic. If you can't relate to it, it's probably a bit of a downer lol.

nah, I did relate to it, it just that personally for me, the payoff, the scenes I've enjoyed (like the one you just posted) came at a high cost cause the movie dragged for me for some reason.

it's one of those movies where I can tell it's a well made movie, like I wouldn't really change anything, it works. Maybe it's the style the director chose that I just can't connect to. I usually read reviews of the movies I watch after watching it and I remember it said that some viewers wouldn't find it enjoyable or some shit so I guess at least one other person shared my opinion of it but it's a good movie and it wasn't a waste of my time.

So I watched The Witch and it did seem familiar....so I probably had already watched it, just forgotten. I don't have a great memory at times.  Maybe I'm desensitized from watching so many scary movies but I did not find it scary. 

For me , the one movie that did was the Blair Witch Project. That one messed with me for awhile! I won't ever rewatch it. Nope! :lol:

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Quite a few films have made me cry.

Schindler's List.

The Pianist.

The Green Mile.

Forrest Gump.

Toy Story 3.

Up.

Probably a bunch more. What can I say I'm an emotional man. :lol:

Cried with the green mile when I saw the very old rat. I feel for animals.

The last toy story I teared up.

Schindler's list made me very angry.  

On 1/27/2023 at 3:11 PM, Rovim said:

I don't mean to be a dick about it but can you please use a spoiler tag? dude clearly said he didn't watch the movie yet... 

Sorry if it was me.

22 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Quite a few films have made me cry.

Schindler's List.

The Pianist.

The Green Mile.

Forrest Gump.

Toy Story 3.

Up.

Probably a bunch more. What can I say I'm an emotional man. :lol:

Schindler's List will always be special for me. My old man was lurking near the place where they were shooting that one back in '93, waited half night and whole day to see Steven Spielberg live. He actually managed to do that but it was only a brief second from a long distance. Similar thing happened to me when Arnold Schwarzenegger visited Auschwitz museum last year, so now I see why he was hyped for the rest of his life with that situation. 

Remember when he took me to the cinema to watch Saving Private Ryan and it was huge. Big impact. Good old times. 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

The Menu (2022)

5/5

@Rovim

saw it a few weeks ago I think. Enjoyable, but not for me. I don't care for Alfred Hitchcock influenced works in most cases. I like that it allows Ralph Fiennes, one of my favorties, the chance to give such a fun performance, was worth a watch just for that, but I don't like the script, I don't like the casting (for this film) except Fiennes, and I just didn't buy it generally. The ridiculous vibe of it was a turn off after the movie was over if that makes sense cause the structure of the movie is very efficient with good pacing.